Just get it done.

I made a bowl of fruit-raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and kiwi for breakfast and ate it at work. I was hungry afterwards. Fruit makes me hungry. I hate fruit lol
Have some nuts and/or yoghurt with your fruit, bunny. It helps to fill you up.
Dinner in the park with your son & reading to him sounds lovely :)

Have some nuts and/or yoghurt with your fruit, bunny. It helps to fill you up.
Good idea!

Yesterday, I had 32 oz of water. Not my best but it’s certainly better than 12oz because I do that a lot.

I had scrambled eggs on an English muffin with some cheese for breakfast.

Had half of my Reuben sandwich with fries for lunch.

For dinner, I nibbled 😅 I do that at times. I know it’s not the best thing for calorie counting. I had like 5 baked potato chips, a tiny amount of a frozen pizza, a few tiny cookies the size of Teddy Grahams.

At work, I had a coffee energy drink. I had missed two days of my meds and then I took it late on Wednesday. The meds can keep a person awake. Not to mention, I had anxious, rushing thoughts. Mainly good thoughts of me purchasing educational toys for my son but it was too much excitement and I was a little overwhelmed from my son’s appointment because they want to meet once a week and I was like, I work!!?? They do daycare visits, but my son’s daycare lady said no, so that was really stressful. Anywayyyy, the energy drink had 250 calories because they ran out of the zero sugar ones I usually get. There’s a big difference because the zero sugar ones are usually like 25 calories!
It’s a small corner store so it may be a minute before they get that back in stock. I actually try to limit energy drinks, but since I was literally awake since 1:50 am and never went back to sleep, it was absolutely necessary for work and honestly, I didn’t start to feel sleepy until 3pm so that was cool.

I let my stress with work knock me off my game this week. I'm beginning to think I belong on a mental health forum instead.
I had a thought, "I don't care, just get it done." So that's what I'll do. A 30 minute walk with my dog tomorrow, 4 exercises afterwards.

Highlight of the week: I made a beef stew with veggies and wine in it.

Just decided to start checking in more with tiny posts like above. Sometimes, I'm so overwhelmed with what's going on, I feel like I don't have time to be on here or take care of myself. I do check in on others' posts, I'm just a little self conscious and feel I don't always say the right things, I think I'll just like instead from now on.

edit: I think I'll start exploring other threads as well, it's about time

Last edited:
I don't have kids but as far as I can see keeping up with a one-year-old is a full-time job in itself. If I didn't know you had a small child I'd think you might be suffering from depression.

I don't have kids but as far as I can see keeping up with a one-year-old is a full-time job in itself. If I didn't know you had a small child I'd think you might be suffering from depression.
I am 🤣 even before my kid I was depressed and lazy. Now with my kid, I just push myself to do what needs to be done for him. But recently, I realized I wasn’t doing the extra stuff like reading and playing with him and it was harmful for his development.

I’m not going to stress it anymore. I’m just going to do it.

Hi, Bunny. Looking after a small child is exhausting enough, without any of the other things that you are juggling. Getting a good night's sleep is probably your highest priority. You have been given some good tips already. I'm not a good sleeper at all & admit to taking an anti-histamine tablet that sedates me. They're addictive & I don't recommend them.
I think what you fuel your body with is extremely important to your overall health & wellbeing. Starting your day with a substantial breakfast would give you more energy for the day. This morning I had 1/4 of an avocado with 2 eggs on 2 small pieces of toast for example. I have some protein with every meal & veggies & have some fruit( small platter) at least once a day, but usually after dinner.
If I ever have coffee after midday I struggle to get to sleep that night. I have a thing against those energy drinks. They are meant to rev you up (caffeine) but too much caffeine can leave you shaking, anxious & with insomnia. I would give them a miss & try to concentrate on your health. The healthier I eat & care for my body the better my mental state is & the better my sleep.
I have gone a bit in your diary but will leave this here. You belong in this space, hon. We all have a lot in common :grouphug:

I caved in and took 2 long naps yesterday. But I'd say I needed it since I didn't go to sleep until 3 AM the night before. I told myself I would make sure I head to bed on time that night. Didn't do those 4 exercizes, I was too busy getting my sleep in.

For breakfast I had a cup of strawberry yogurt with granola. For lunch, I had some food that was given to me.

I loved it because it was so healthy. It was rice, shredded chicken, peas, carrots, lima beans, corn, very little potato and very little okra. I might've had too much though. I had about 2-3 plates worth.

For dinner, I had three laughable fried chicken wings. Although it's fried, there's barely any meat on the bone. I even gave a little to my son.

Before dinner, I went on a walk with my son and my dog. My dog enjoyed it, my son did not. He cried the whole way back unless I picked him up(which is very unlike him). I actually had to cut our outing shorting. This was supposed to be my 30 minute walk for the day. It was over 30 minutes but I don't count it because I kept stopping and going slow because of him. This is the last time I leave the stroller behind.

Actually had a high dose of melatonin yesterday night. 20 mg. Not trying to make it a habit I just wanted to ensure I stayed sleepy since I took naps yesterday. Slept from 22:00-7:30, feeling awake.

Had a slice of french toast and 2 egg fritattas for breakfast. I'm going to walk my dog now.

On Sunday, it rained almost all day. I didn’t go walking because by the time it stopped raining, I was visiting my mom in the hospital.
I made the mistake of drinking coffee that evening after my visit. I honestly forgot about it affecting my sleep. I love the sweet flavors that are offered, especially the seasonal fall flavors. It finally occurred to me when I woke up at 3 AM and couldn’t stop thinking. I had to put on a video on my phone and turn it low to mute out my thoughts.

Monday, ate Pop Tarts for breakfast, red pasta for lunch. At dinner time, I had quite a few frosted animal cookies that belong to my son. If it becomes a problem, I’ll share them with my coworkers. Had three small pieces of fried chicken my mom left before she went in the hospital.

Last edited:
It’s 2:00 and I woke up from a bad dream about a past mistake, although in my dream, it blew up in my face big time. I don’t know why, but the fear motivated me to do better.

I’m not sure whether to try to go back to sleep or not, there’s a lot of stuff I need to be doing right now. It will not help to get my circadian rhythm in order. I know I’ll be tired by the morning.

One thing I have noticed is that I’m less likely to wake up in the middle of the night if I don’t have stuff to do looming over my mind when I go to sleep. It’s like my body wakes me up and tells me to use this time as an opportunity to do these things.

Back