Just get it done.

I need to vent, but I also need advice. I work at a daycare and management pushes for us to post photos of the children on an app for their parents to see. I would write “Wednesday with Luca” and management one day told me my captions aren’t good enough. I started writing a short summary of the kids’ day. Yesterday a coworker said she’d prefer if I didn’t do that because it leads parents to ask more questions about their kid’s day, which is a good thing. Because management specifically told me to do more with the captions, I went ahead and did it anyway.

This coworker is so lazy, she’s always doing unrelated work at our job. I’ve been asking for help with photos for about two weeks now. Since I didn’t post the photos how she wanted, she made sure to get all the photos posted before I came in to work. Which is actually a hard task because the app malfunctions which can make it take hours to upload all the children.

I was pissed to be honest. I feel undermined. I ignored her today and I know she noticed. Everything has to be her way, not just this. If she complains, she swears it just because management might say something. But this time management actually said something, wtf. And it’s like, can I have anything!? Can I make this job my home too??

I don’t know if I’ll have to post photos again or if she’ll keep it up, but now I don’t know if I should continue with doing captions how management asked for or just let her have her way. I’m leaning towards doing her way and seeing if management says anything. I honestly don’t want any beef with her, I just want her to stay away from me. I don’t know how to behave, I don’t look at her because I feel laser beams will shoot from my eyes. I don’t speak to her because I feel I’ll f—ing snap.

Last edited:
If the pics plus captions are extra work and you generally do more than her anyway I'd say let her do it. As long as you have documentation of who posts/captions what and that you passed the information about management's preference on to her you should be in the clear. Let her fight with management rather than with you: she'll probably be done with it soon enough anyway if she's that lazy and once that happens you can go back to doing it your way.

As long as you have documentation of who posts/captions
We don’t, but that’s okay lol because we all know and I don’t think management would not believe me if I said it wasn’t me.

That sounds reasonable. Thank you. My mom said I should just be cordial by saying hi and bye quickly instead of ignoring her. That’s what also bothered me, I was taught to be respectful even to those I don’t care for.

On the bright side, it was a pretty easy day for me since all the photos got out of the way. 😁

Yesterday, I ate well. No junk. I had half a slice of buttered toast and an 8oz smoothie for breakfast.

A little bit of lightly sauced red-sauce pasta with beans around 12 PM before my break. Sometimes, I’m hungry before break and eat a little bit of the kids’ lunch.

At 2 PM, I had chicken and rice with a little bit of broccoli.

At 7:30 PM, I had a small slice of pizza and kinda shared it with my son but I ate the majority.

That was pretty much it. I got home at 8:30 PM and fed my son. I had a zero sugar coffee energy drink that was 90 calories because I wanted to do work but fell asleep anyway.

Had 50 oz of water.

Last edited:
This morning was kinda slow but also stressful. I ate more of those chips for that party and threw the bag away so I wouldn’t continue. Unfortunately, how I start the day is usually how I end it. I continued to eat junk, I didn’t take a lunch to work. Went to a corner store and bought a crappy gas station donut, a “Pizza Puff”, a coffee energy drink, and chips and ate that.

I had “tried” to exercise this morning before breakfast but got frustrated because my balance was terrible and I kept falling over so I quit.

I feel that drinking water more has been making me thirsty more. At 4 PM, I filled up my water jug and drank my day’s worth before 8 PM. I had 54oz.

I finally made a BM yesterday. I felt really bad in the middle of the night. I felt nauseous so I tried to bring up whatever it was that was making me feel bad. Stomach acid came up and I felt my stomach clench as I bent over. Once I stood up, it unclenched and I felt much better. I don’t know what happened.

I made a point to start the morning off well and pack my lunch. Breakfast was a slice of bread with strawberry preserves(I was supposed to have yogurt too, but forgot. I ended up eating lunch provided by my job which was three steak tacos and tortilla chips w/guacamole. I don’t think it’s sooo unhealthy but I am really full. Oh, I also had a soda, I guess that’s unhealthy. If I’m still hungry tonight, I’ll eat what I packed for lunch.

I did well in my eyes today because there were cookies, coffee, and donuts when I got to work. I told myself, “not today”.

Since I went to the bathroom yesterday, I was eager to weigh myself this morning. I went from 119.4lbs(54.2kg) to 118.8lbs(53.9kg). I’m sure I would’ve weighed less if I had ate better yesterday. But I will try, try again no matter what. :x

I haven’t given up on exercising. Sometimes when I take a break, I come back and the exercises are more difficult. Me falling over was irritating me because it was making me take longer in the morning and I value form. It probably would’ve helped if I wore gym shoes. It’s normal for me to give up one or two times before I finally get into the swing of things. I was following a video but I think I will put together my own exercises that I know I can achieve so I won’t get discouraged.

Unfortunately, how I start the day is usually how I end it.
Bunny, how about you set a goal of starting your day with a really healthy breakfast? Get it ready the night before. Do some healthy shopping if you don't have much at home. I sometimes have a jar filled with layers of yoghurt, fresh (or frozen) fruit, seed/nut mix, muesli & almond meal. It varies. It's easy to get ready & you just take it out & eat it. It could be something you take to work or you can have it in the evening if you don't feel like it in the morning.

Get it ready the night before.
You’re right 😣 I just get home late at 8 PM and feed my son, wash him up, go straight to bed. Then I drag in the morning, get up at 7 AM, shower then feed him and leave at 9 AM. I have to push myself to do things the night before but I’ll make it my goal next week, thank you. Do you think cooking eggs the night before will taste alright?

I should look into freezing cooked food too…

Another idea of mine is to cook at least 3 main meals during the weekend.

Weekend food prep is essential for a lot of people. I don't like to do whole meals unless it's stew but even if I just roast some veggies and/or precut raw veg and/or cook some carbs and/or make sure I have some easy protein at hand (beans, lentils, low-fat feta, boiled eggs, grilled chicken portioned out and frozen, tuna, maybe some frozen meatballs) it saves a lot of time during the when I just have to assemble a meal. Plus I'd feel guilty if I wasted my prepped food...

hard boiled eggs keep well overnight in the fridge without having an effect on taste.
Thank you, you're right. I don't care for boiled eggs, so I guess I'm going to have to settle for a little taste loss or get my act together and make these eggs in the morning.

Weekend food prep is essential for a lot of people. I don't like to do whole meals unless it's stew but even if I just roast some veggies and/or precut raw veg and/or cook some carbs and/or make sure I have some easy protein at hand (beans, lentils, low-fat feta, boiled eggs, grilled chicken portioned out and frozen, tuna, maybe some frozen meatballs) it saves a lot of time during the when I just have to assemble a meal. Plus I'd feel guilty if I wasted my prepped food...
I use a lot of frozen, pre-seasoned/sauced vegetables! Meats are the ones that get me. I have to wait to thaw them, then cook them. I think I should make a habit of cooking them right away instead of freezing raw meat.

I use a lot of frozen, pre-seasoned/sauced vegetables! Meats are the ones that get me. I have to wait to thaw them, then cook them. I think I should make a habit of cooking them right away instead of freezing raw meat.
Cooking & then freezing meat sounds like a much better idea, bunny.

saturday
Although I've been gone, I've been making efforts in not over eating or eating junk. Just Saturday, my job had a coworkers only color party. It's a growing trend here stemming from tik tok where everyone chooses a color and then has to bring junk that's in that color. I was pretty nervous to go because I thought I might go crazy and eat a little bit of everything, but honestly, I wasn't in the mood. I shared a small bag of chips with my son and that was it. Something happened that made me a little upset and my boyfriend tried to surprise me with ice cream afterwards, but when we arrived to the ice cream shop, I said no. He was very upset because he just wanted to make me happy and he strives to please me, but I stood my ground.

1662022201728.png
sunday
Sunday, I took my grandmother out for breakfast at lunch time, lol. I had the leftovers for dinner. It was chilaquiles: tortilla chips with sausage, tomato, avocado, eggs, and sauce.

chilaquiles.jpg
monday
I had a little bit of eggs, one sausage, and one slice of bacon for breakfast on Monday. I had a frozen meal for lunch and half of a frozen meal for dinner. I've been eating my son's leftovers. Like, I'll make him a frozen meal let him eat whatever, and then I just eat what's left. I don't eat his leftovers as an addition.

lean cuisine.jpeg

tuesday
Tuesday, I made a bowl of fruit-raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and kiwi for breakfast and ate it at work. I was hungry afterwards. Fruit makes me hungry. I hate fruit lol. Then for lunch, I had a 10 oz 😅 burger I made with some pasta and vegetables. I planned on eating half the burger because that's a lot of meat, but it was so good, I ate the whole thing. It was medium rare, or maybe rare because it was so thick, it was hard to cook through without drying it out. I had it on the skillet for like, 15 minutes!! I'm still learning to cook.

2650.jpg

wednesday
All throughout these days, I've been snacking on spicy siracha chickpeas. Was feeling a little guilty about it because it was 9 servings and I ate it in 3 days. However, yesterday, I stayed in the bathroom 🤣 I was pretty happy because I typically make a BM every 3 days and its so terrible, I honestly want to fix it. I looked it up and online said, since chickpeas are beans, they have a lot of soluble and insoluble fiber. Hell yeah!! I "lost" a few ounces that morning.

spicy chickpeas.jpg

My son had a developmental therapy appointment at my house so I took off work. I took advantage of this and went to the park with my son before dinner and that was so fun. I shared a popsicle with him and a mom gave him an unopened apple juice. I rarely take him to the park or play with him, and since Sunday, I've been trying to fix that. And also have been reading to him every morning. I noticed he really enjoys playing with me and I enjoy nurturing his development. I hope to create healthy life habits for both me and him.

My mom ordered dinner and I had half a reuben sandwich(cornbeef, swiss cheese, thousand island sauce, rye bread) and a few fries. I'll have the other half for tomorrow's lunch.

reuben-sandwich-b__9.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you're making a lot of positive changes!

Back