Goal Weight: 103(46.7)

Plan
1. Morning HIIT(10-20min)
2. Walk Everywhere
3. 64 oz Water
4. 1300 cal limit
5. Daily Yoga

Last edited:
Hi, Chocolate Bunny & welcome back. Never give up. Most of us have tried & tried but keep on keeping on & keep on trying.

Day 1 • 04.12 • 123.8(56.2)
I made a point to walk four miles(6.43km) but didn’t do HIIT or yoga. I didn’t go over 1300 calories but I ate a whole pint of healthy ice cream. A brand called Halo. The whole pint was 270 calories but afterwards, I received a headache. I need to care more about my health. Not just for weight loss. Diabetes runs into family and heart problems.

Day 2 • 04.13 • 123(55.8)
I made a bad move this morning by eating damn near a 1lb salmon fillet for breakfast. I had a smoothie bowl and then I started to cook the fillet for possible lunch and ended up eating it. 😅 I knew I was going to eat out later with a friend but that didn’t stop me. The calories at the restaurant were crazy. Later, we went to a bar and had these indulgent smoothie type drinks with rum, banana, strawberry, whip cream and whatever else. Another mistake. I had to force myself to finish halfway through and I felt terrible. I ended up forcing myself to throw up. I didn’t even get tipsy 😞

I didn’t do HIIT or yoga. And it was raining so I didn’t walk.

Day 3 • 04.14 • 122.4(55.5)
How did I lose weight after yesterday? My theory is, I’ve been eating so bad lately, that yesterday was nothing in comparison so I lost a bit. Or maybe dehydration from alcohol and throwing up?

I walked 2.3 miles(3.7km) and was miserable because it was so windy, I couldn’t control my body. I don’t walk a certain distance on purpose, if I have somewhere to be, I just want to walk to it. I’ve been saying I want to walk like it’s the 1950s. My grandma said she’d walk everywhere; work, church, wherever. I still need to do HIIT and yoga today. 🥲

I went to a store called Target and got new yummy healthy foods. Chobani Yogurts with flavors such as red velvet, Boston creme pie, banana cream pie, key lime pie, chocolate layer cake, cookies and creams, s’mores. Pre-made smoothie bowl packs, a vegetarian microwaveable enchilada bowl. Tikka masala sauce. Butter chicken sauce. I’m going to Target again. I’m not really into cooking and I like that I could get vegan/vegetarian microwaveable bowls and other healthy, creative stuff. Am I weird for liking grocery shopping?

Last edited:
Good to have you back!
Thank you 😭 it’s a little embarrassing. This community is very supportive.
No need to be embarrassed. We've all done it.
I didn’t go over 1300 calories but I ate a whole pint of healthy ice cream. A brand called Halo.
Healthy, or lower calorie? Halo is super processed and super processed stuff isn't healthy in large amounts. Very likely less bad for you than a pint of regular icecream but not healthy. Which is ok: icecream's a treat and not food.
I had to force myself to finish halfway through and I felt terrible.
Do you know why you felt like you had to finish it? If it's not good for you and it doesn't taste nice why not just leave it?
How did I lose weight after yesterday? My theory is, I’ve been eating so bad lately, that yesterday was nothing in comparison so I lost a bit. Or maybe dehydration from alcohol and throwing up?
100% dehydration and throwing up.

Hope you have a good day today!

Healthy, or lower calorie? Halo is super processed and super processed stuff isn't healthy in large amounts. Very likely less bad for you than a pint of regular icecream but not healthy. Which is ok: icecream's a treat and not food.
True, I was hesistant to say that but it touts itself as a protein ice cream. But I just realized you only get the 19g of protein if you eat the whole pint. When I went to the store I didn't buy it again because I get tempted to eat the whole pint and an article confirmed that it encourages overeating. I guess I'm just amazed that it literally tastes like regular ice cream.
Do you know why you felt like you had to finish it? If it's not good for you and it doesn't taste nice why not just leave it?
I finished the drink because I really didn't have the money to go out but was appeasing my friend. They don't even put prices on the menu and it was the only drink I bought(that thing was $17). I also rarely drink so I like to get tipsy when I do. It tasted really good though. From now on, I'll listen to my body.

I only tried Halo ice cream & thought it tasted horrible & threw it out. I'm glad I didn't like it.
Listening to your body is almost always a good idea. I wish I had done that more when I was your age.

Have to tell you that I have eaten many a chocolate bunny on Easter, when I was a kid parents always got us big ones. I ate the ears first.

I have tried Halo also, its tempting for the relatively low calories, but I don't think it tastes great. If you can work it into your calories for the day and like it I see no problem.

I only tried Halo ice cream & thought it tasted horrible & threw it out. I'm glad I didn't like it.
Listening to your body is almost always a good idea. I wish I had done that more when I was your age.
It may have depended when actually :D my "mother-in-law" said the same exact thing! She said it was like a weird protein shake ice cream. Then we gave her a spoonful of the chocolate and she said she will go buy it. Perhaps they changed the formula.

But if you're glad you didn't like it, don't try it again because you might just change your mind. If you do decide to, tell me!

Day 4 • 04.15.16 • N/A
I didn’t get to weigh myself this morning. I know I shouldn’t weigh myself everyday anyway butttt I’m going to do it anyway.

I woke at 3 am to flat iron my hair(for the first time) and finished at 7:30 am. 😐 Then, it started raining! The audacity. So I didn’t walk anywhere(I didn’t really have time today anyway). And I didn’t want to sweat out my hair, so I didn’t do HIIT.

The previous days, I didn’t do HIIT either or yoga. Honestly, it’s only a 10 min video for HIIT but I’ve been putting it off because it’s tough 😩 I know I will get stronger.

My mom almost called me a “fatty”. She stopped herself at “Fa”. My grandma gave me some cookies and my mom reached for it and I was like 😒 and she said, “What? Fa-…It’s not like you need some anyway.”

Last time I checked, I wasn’t the diabetic.

Day 5 • 04.16.22 • 120.8(54.8)
I woke up this morning and weighed myself at 5am in anticipation. Then I re weighed myself at 7:30a because I don’t feel like my weight settles until then. Seeing my weight at 5am encouraged me not to snack because sometimes I wake up during the night or early and snack or eat a meal.

My eating has been alright. 1300 calories is apart of my weight loss plan but I’ve been generally going over. Usually 300 over. I’m not too concerned right now because at least it’s better than how I’ve been eating. And when I do go over, it’s healthy. Like yesterday, I had one steak fajita even though I already ate. Simply aiming for 1300 helps me to keep my calories lower than before and I’m hoping I will slowly get better naturally when my appetite lowers on its own.

I was excited for lunch because of the Butter Chicken sauce I got two days ago. I also got “quick” beans and rice. It’s was madra lentils(lentils in tomato sauce) and Spanish rice. They’re all artificial flavor, color, preservative free.

Day 6 • 04.17.22 • 121.4(55)
I gained a little weight from yesterday. Even though it was healthy, my lunch of rice and beans were high in calorie and I had 3 chicken drumsticks.

I don’t want to step on the scale tomorrow because I ate fast food today. They had free ice cream today for Easter 😸 That’s how they reel you in! While I was at it, I had a double cheeseburger, half a small fry and medium Sprite. Thennn, my mom got me all these treats for Easter. I can’t handle that. I will put them in the cabinet and also hide them from her because she also has a problem.

Perhaps, I will force myself to weigh myself tomorrow; I just get discouraged easily. Of course I would gain weight if I eat over my calories and don’t even exercise. I’m washing my hair tomorrow(making it curly again), so I’ll have no excuse to not sweat. And I’m going to be cracking down this week with the calories. Here goes.

Day 7 • 04.18.22 • 123.2(55.9)
Yeahhh, I’m not weighing myself again. Not until Sunday.

When I went to pick up my son from daycare the provider said to me, “Oo, girl, you’re picking up weight! I would think that you’re pregnant again.”

Lol, I’m DONE.

And I ate like shit today so. It was almost like, what’s the point? No HIIT, no yoga.

Day 8 • 04.19.22
Now today..was a good day! I ate actual food, not just snacking.

Lunch- Chicken, Rice, Lentils
Dinner- Chicken Alfredo but with a twist!! The pasta is chickpea pasta

Tried to keep the snacking to a minimum.
One marshmallow, 15 chips, 1 fruit strip(which was healthy and I sucked on it to convince myself it was candy T^T )

Tracked my calories on MFP. 1,137 cals.
Walked 5.6 miles. -302 cals.
No HIIT, no yoga

Can you guys tell? I really don't want to do HIIT or yoga!

Last edited:
My mom almost called me a “fatty”. She stopped herself at “Fa”. My grandma gave me some cookies and my mom reached for it and I was like 😒 and she said, “What? Fa-…It’s not like you need some anyway.”
Ugh, that's so rude!
Thennn, my mom got me all these treats for Easter.
Seriously, your mom is not being helpful at all!
“Oo, girl, you’re picking up weight! I would think that you’re pregnant again.”
Even more rudeness! Is that normal around where you live?

~Realizations~

Having someone who is not a family member comment on my 10lb weight gain made me feel more motivated to lose weight. Of course I felt that it was rude, but she was not skinny herself, so I'm sure she made the comment in good fun. I also know, I don't look bad, not in my eyes.

I really dislike high-intensity exercise and exercise that's time consuming. I think that's the main reason why I haven't been doing my daily exercise and yoga. Maybe I could compromise with myself and only do HIIT on days I don't walk long. I also won't constrain myself to mornings.

Snacking is a great temptation and yesterday, I was proud of myself for only eating 15 chips. I was so ready to grab more, but I had to keep repeating to myself in my head why I'm doing what I'm doing, eventually the temptation faded away because I was at work, got distracted and it was forgotten. Snacks will eat up all my calories if I let it and I can only have like 450 cals a meal. Eventually, I want this temptation to go away. In these moments, it feels like I may never have the opportunity to eat these snacks again. I should also eat more heartier meals. I was actually full the other day when I ate two full meals.

I wanted to weigh myself everyday, but my weight is such an influence over how I ate. If I gain, I'm disheartened and say that I already gained already so I can eat crazy that day. If I lose, it can either motivate me or make me feel like it's safe to eat how I want. I want to start taking pictures and maybbee measuring myself(seems like too much work).

I also want to check in on here more. I didn't plan to not check in for a week. I'll try for every two days.

My water game has sucked. I drink maybe a liter a day. I want to drink two liters. I don't know what to do about that. Well I do, but I don't like plastic or metal jugs because of taste. There's a glass one I want, but it's like $50-70. I just remembered there's payment installation programs as I was typing this! I'm buying it.

The bottle is BKR. There's all sorts of sleeves for the bottles in colors and textures.

Attachments

• 1650459535211.png
    1650459535211.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ugh, that's so rude!

Seriously, your mom is not being helpful at all!

Even more rudeness! Is that normal around where you live?
In America, no. My mom says she envies my body but I speak openly about my weight gain and how I really want to lose weight. So that's where the comment of "you don't need it" came from. But when I was little and this weight, my pediatrician constantly pressured my mom to make me lose weight and she defended it and was actually upset. I think she spoke without thinking. I plan on getting rid of those Easter treats too.

The daycare person..she's a distant family friend. I don't know her reasoning but I don't think she meant to insult. I just shook both instances off.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. But I'm glad you didn't take it too badly.
I start craving all kinds of unhealthy things when I'm thirsty so I definitely couldn't do without my trusty water bottles!

good idea

Back