Jennylee's diary

Love that the sun is shining in your world again...and conrats on the "I love you so much , even though I can get you past my thighs, but someday i will wear you again pants" :)

Congrats on getting into your skinny pants! You are doing it!
Totallyscrappy

Thanks girls, I really do love the pants. If I only ever get to fit one pair of pants, they are the ones!! At the moment, i'm to scared to sit down in them, but soon...
Dinner:
1/2 a grilled chicken breast(140) with cranberry sauce (45)
A large handful of steamed broccolli (23)
1/2 cup of peas(60)

1 beer.(150)
Daily total =1028 cals
I have a little piece of russian fudge that I'm going to treat myself to later on worth 200cals :eek: . So that takes me to 1228. Nothing to feel guilty about.

Trying to make sure I get enough veges. Grocery day tommorrow so I'm going to get some lovely apples now that they are in season here. I drank a lot of water today, but am still very thirsty, the new pills I'm on give me a dry mouth. I will try to drink even more water just incase they're like morphine and dehydrate the body.
My mother is coming to visit tomorrow and will probably want to go out for lunch, so I'll try to allow for that with my other meals and also try to find somewhere that will have healthy options. She may not want to as she wants me to lose weight as well.
Right now I'm going to get on the exercycle for 20 minutes, then get ready for bed.

Thanks coaster, thats a big confidence boost. Last night I was thinking, I ususally give up diet and exercise within the first few weeks because I get frustrated that the result aren't immediate. I thought this time would be the same, but this site has encouraged me to keep going. I'm glad I stumbled across it.
I upped the ante a little today, I got up and did 30minutes on the exercycle instead of 20. I use to really struggle with 10 minutes! I did 10 minutes on the gym ball and am started to feel some abs in there somewhere.
Breakfast:
small bowl of wholegrain oats with lowfat milk. (150cals)
Now I better get my dishes done before my mother shows up.

Haha! You're very welcome! :) I'm glad it helps your confidence! It's so great in here. To see that other people are like you. Not that I want anyone else to fail...but to also see that I'm not the only one that slips up at times. :) The similarites and inspiration is what keeps me going. :) I'm here for you

ok, I'm a little bit confused and lost about how today is going. I had a blood test and had quite a bit of blood taken, so me and mum went to a new cafe in town so I could have something to eat to bring my glucose levels up a bit.

I ordered a sausage roll (bad) and what looked like a healthy seafood wrap.
Unfortunately as I bit into it I realized it was smothered with cream cheese and camembert. I didn't want to not eat it as mum had payed for it. It wasn't very tasty and was probably really fattening and loaded with calories. I've estimated that lunch was around the 700 calorie mark :( . Which takes me up to 850 calories, leaving me with 350 for the rest of the day.
So I went to work. Got home at about 7pm and ate an apple (60), so now I have 290 calories left for dinner!!
Ok, thats do-able, 1 peice of hoki fish is 100 calories. 100 grams of steamed broccoli 28 cals, 1 carrot steamed is 14. And hey, I even have enough left over for a nice evening beer!!

I got a little more exercise than I had planned on today as well. When I got to work I was asked to go out to collect trolleys, which is hard work, especially in this heat, so I worked up quite a sweat. I'm very tired today, so I don't know if I will cope with an evening workout, but I will try to stay motivated. Now that I know that I'm losing weight, I'm really pushing myself harder.

I'm rather proud of myself at the moment. I had my dinner, then instead of having a beer I had a peice of wholegrain bread with marmite (90 cals) bringing me to a total of 1108 calories.
I did my evening workout, 20 minutes on the exercycle and 15minutes on the ball.
I think this is my obsessive side coming out, but at least I'm obsessing about doing something healthy for myself and not the usual paranoid insecurities. Considering what I had for lunch today, I'm really proud that I managed to stay under 1200.
Off to bed now, I'm working a split shift tomorrow and want to get up early to get things done.

Good for you! Look how you made choices to balance out a not-so-great lunch. I know for myself, in the past I would have just had the dinner I had planned even though lunch wound up being a bit too high for the day. Nice habit change, 'eh?
Totallyscrappy

Jennylee,..your really doing well with the excersize....I bet those measurement are changing nicely...good on you!!!!!!!!

Thanks girls, I did 20 minutes on the cycle today and 7 or so on the ball. I should have done more, but am a little pressed for time. Mr. Jennylee comes home tonight, so I may not be able to do any tonight, but I will try.
Breakfast:
wholegrain oats with milk. (150)

planned morning snack:
1 apple (90)

I've prepared a lunch for today, as I probably won't make it home between my shifts. I made a pasta salad, with chickpeas and salmon (about 250 cals for the serving). I will also take a kiwifruit (20)

That will take me up to 510 calories.

Hi, I'm back, didn't get a chance to post Friday night or Saturday as Mr.Jennylee was home. We partyed hard in the weekend, and drank way too many calories and made some bad food choices. Didn't really exercise exept a bit of dancing on friday night.
Its 12.30 lunch time now, and I've not long crawled out of bed. Got work at 2pm.
So far today I've had 2 slices of 9-grain toast with marmite (and marge) and an apple. I'll probably have something else to eat before work to take me through til 8pm. For the moment I'm going to sit down and drink a lot of water. Back on the exercise tomorrow with a vengence. I don't have a lot of work this week, so I'm really going to push the exercise and add some walking back into the equation.

Yesterday update.
Diet wise I think I did pretty good (though I didn't count calories), didn't really exercise except walking to and from work, as usual.
Before work snack:
1 slice of 9-grain bread with marmite

Dinner:
corned beef with marrow and broccolli

Dessert: 1 funsized mars bar

late night snack:
1 roasted chicken drumstick

Today:
Didn't have time to exercise in the morning, so I'm going to do some as soon as I'm done writing this.
Breakfast:
Small bowl of wholegrain oats with low fat milk (150 cals)

at work snack:
2 slices of 9-grain bread with marmite (165)

after work snack:
small tin of lemon pepper tuna in springwater (90)
1 apple (60)
Total so far: 465.

Haven't drunk enough water today, so I'm going to work on that now that I'm home. Now, I'm going to get out of my work clothes and get on the exercycle.

I did more exercise than I'd planned. 20 minutes on the exercycle, 10 minutes of stretching and 20 minutes of strength exercises, like crunches and push ups and what not. I feel good now, but I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow!
I'm going to try and find something to healthy to eat.

Snack:
cup of mushroom soup (118 cals) with a piece of 9-grain bread(80)

Dinner:
broccolli (20),
carrots (10),
cauliflower (10)
and a piece of hoki fish (120)

That still only brings me to just over 800 calories. Thats really not enough. I thought that I was doing a bit better than that.
I done another 15 minutes on the exercycle after dinner as well.
I'm going to have to start having more for breakfast.
Well, I'm going to have 2 pieces of toast with canola spread and marmite, that should bring me to around 1000 calories which is acceptable.

Tomorrow I plan to go for a walk as well as my usual exercise.

Thanks girls! Its good to have my supporters!
Ok, Got up and got on the exercycle for 20 minutes, did 10 minutes worth of stretching.
Breakfast:
small bowl of oats (150)
small bowl of peas (80)

I'm determined to go for a walk today as well, but I don't want to over do it, so I'm having a rest. I'll tidy my house and do all those bits an pieces first.

Back