I have had a Gastric Balloon - looking for support

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEEALIA

Dear All

I had a gastric Balloon fitted on Christmas day. I have lost 20 pounds already in 2 weeks which is hard to believe as I dont feel any smaller.

I don't know anyone who has one of these and feel isolated on this lonely journey of weight loss.

Please contact me as I need to buddy to help me keep motivated.

Thanks Angela

Dear Angela, congratulations on your new life and 20lb loss. :) Somebody said that nothing tastes better than being skinny and I am sure that your motivation will get only stronger as you will see lbs. come off. I will recommend keeping a detailed data of your weight and, more importantly, measurements. It will be one of the most amazing discoveries for you to find out that we do not loose weight and inches at the same time. So if you see your scale at the same number don't forget to check your measurements.
I also would like to ask you if you could give me an idea of how does this thing with gastric Balloon work. Were you in any pain? How long does it take for the doctor to actually put it inside of you? Any discomfort? How does it change the way you eat? Any information will help tremendously as I am looking into different options to keep my weight down. Thank you and welcome to our community!:)

Hi Angela,
Welcome to the WLF and good luck to you as you reach your goals :)
I don't know anything about the surgery, but I do know, that often in real life, losing weight feels like a lonely process. We're all here to help each other get through it!

I am considering having this done and am struggling to find any success stories or indeed anyone who seems to be able to give me any info on this other than sales web sites! I am planning to go ahead with this in the next few weeks if all goes well!

Just wondering if anyone has since gone ahead with the balloon as I am considering it at the moment and theres notheing conclusive on the net about it.
WEEALIA!! how are you doing with it??
Thanks

progress

I am having the balloon inserted on Friday. How are you doing? Was it worth it? How are you feeling? I have to be back at work on Tuesday. Do you think I have given myself enough time to adjust? Did you have a lot of nausea?:waving:

I am having the balloon inserted on Friday. How are you doing? Was it worth it? How are you feeling? I have to be back at work on Tuesday. Do you think I have given myself enough time to adjust? Did you have a lot of nausea?:waving:

I had a balloon inserted just over three weeks ago. The first week you feel so crampy, bloated and nauseous that you just arent up to much. I had three weeks off work as I do a very physical job and during the third week my stomach went into a major acid attack. This really hurt and it felt like the balloon had stuck to the side of my stomach. However a short course of antibiotics and a change of antacids and Im right as rain now. You find that after the first week you can gradually introduce more solid foods but your eating habits change. I have not had any sugar chocolate or crisps as I just dont fancy them. I am eating the same size portions as my 4 year old grandson! If you eat any more you start to feel like you have just pigged out on a major chinese and cant move!
hope this helps Tinaxxx

I don't have one but this stuff just blows my mind. It's amazing to hear stories of people being full on small portions.

gastric balloon

Well, I have survived to tell the tale of gastric ballons. The first two days were spent "What the hell was I thinking?" The nausea was gone on day three and I started adding some solids today. I do get some cramping if I drink too much. I don't feel hungry, just weak and shakey. I think this will get better as I am able to add more food. I do feel isolated as this procedure is not offered in the united states and I went to mexico to have it done. I am worried about what to do if i have any problems. it is good to have othere people to talk to about this. thank you for your support.

Just curious to know what your original stats were and why you decided to have it done? and especially taking the risk of going to mexico to have it done? what did your physician say?

I had the balloon inserted 13 days ago.....down 8 lbs.

Hi, I am also thinking of having the gastric balloon instead of the lapband. Can you please tell me where in mexico you got it done and what was the cost. I need to lose around 90lbs and will be happy if I can lose half of it with the
gastric balloon. I have a really bad back due to my weight gain over the past 4 years I am sure this will help and the rest I can prolly lose working out.

Progress

Had the balloon 5 weeks ago and am down 17 lbs. Very little discomfort anymore but don't drink any fizzy drinks or eat anything spicy. Not hungry very often and fill up quite quickly.

Had the balloon 5 weeks ago and am down 17 lbs. Very little discomfort anymore but don't drink any fizzy drinks or eat anything spicy. Not hungry very often and fill up quite quickly.

Can you please tell me where you got the gastric balloon and the cost.
Thanks

hi i am thinking of having this done is it really hard to stick to once the balloon is in?? not sure if a lap band is beter do you know?

Sticking to it

It absolutely is not hard - you physically cannot eat as much as you did and you don't have a desire to.

I had it inserted in Tijuana, Mexico for $3250 American. I think I would have looked around more as I was not impressed with the place. The procedure went well. I am down 7 pounds and am not thinking about food all the time like I was. It has not always been pleasant but neither was my weight gain.

I had mine done in prague - cost £1950 including all flights. They have been very good about responding to any queries or problems. My daughter had hers done at the same time but she has felt that she can still eat far too much. They have sent her some reductil as they are concerned that her stomach has stretched to accomodate the balloon. The hope is that the reductil will kill her appetite and allow her stomach to shrink back down. We shall see! I am continuing to lose weight - 20 lbs in six weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back