'I Can't stop eating' Club

girlssss what's up?!?! no one posted yesterday D:
anyway i'm up a few grams since last weight in, 55.8kg which sucks but i had a good day yesterday so hopefully i can keep it up.
I joined the november challenge, i think it'll be good motivation :)
Hope to hear from you soon!

Hiya! Yesterday I found out/remembered that sometimes when I'm stressed, instead of doing what should be done to lower my stress level (e.g. completing the task at hand), I goof off and EAT. I went from 1700 to 3400 calories in about three hours last night. Yowch!
It wasn't good. Except that I found that link that I had forgotten.

Plan for next time (very likely tonight, since i have a test tomorrow) --go to the library and study if hubbie's not home; stay in office with black coffee if he is.

Hi everyone! Mind if i join I'm new :)

I would definitely say that I'm an emotional eater. Whenever I get stressed (which has happened a lot lately) and i have been turning to food to try to make myself feel better which helps only for a little bit. And the more and more I do it the harder it is to stop. I have been feeling isolated and unhappy lately. I just don't have any motivation right now to start being healthy but I'm going to try.

This is a big step for me admitting this so I hope this is a good start! Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone,

Are u one of those whenever U start eating, U can't stop type? Whenever u ate something bad, u'll be like screw the diet and eat junk until u drop..
Start eating when ur feeling lonely, emotional, unhappy etc?
U can't resist the 'oh-so yummy' food and just start eating until u're actually exploding & feeling sick afterwards?

[/I][/CENTER]

Girl this is not a chronic condition you can't solve. It's just non-hunger eating, which has a lot of causes, none of which is unfixable. try googling "emotional eating" or looking it up on Amazon. I myself have been sorting though emotional eating issues and have been very, very successful. I'm writing a blog of my experience of losing 130 pounds and dealing with my eating issues along the way.
I am glad to say that I am no longer someone who can't stop eating. I have maintained a healthy BMI for a year. I have run a half marathon and am training for a full one. I know you don't have to be stuck constantly eating more than your body needs.

http//:getalegupforlife.blogspot.com

hey girls!!
I am soooo sorry!! I was on holiday so I didnt come online for 2 weeks or something.. anyways.. hahaha I weighed myself today.. was 78.2 kg

woehoee lost a bit even though I ate a lot on holidays !!! :)

My goal is to lose at least 5 kg before 1 jan 2010!!!

we can doo ittt!!!

Hello !
Can I join you ???
I have similar problem, I can't stop eating once I started T___T
I would like to have a "good relation" with food.
Firstly my purpose is not to lose weight ( it comes after ;) ) but I'd like stop overeat before anything else. Of course, the weight loss will follow ( or at least I hope ) ^^
I'll put my weight and all tomorrow ( on Sunday !! ^^ )
Have a nice day
and never give up ! ;)

Hi, how's everyone? :p This has been pretty quiet. I've been doing okay, haven't binged in a week so I'm really happy about that.
Anyway good luck to whoever's left :p bye!

Hi ladies. I just thought that I would pop in and encourage you to keep on working on your projects. It is a while since I last popped in... I see that you havent been posting recently.

If any of you are about you might want to check out the last page or two of my diary. There is something there that might help/interest you...

Hi everyone!

My name is michelle and I literally just joined this site to help me stay on track with my diet and over-eating. Thank god I found this forum and other people that had the same feelings about over-eating and food in general so now I have people that can relate to me. Everytime I start a diet, I stop in a day or two. I was on great track when I first moved here to Poland a few months back and I was the fitest I've ever been in my whole life, then things took a spiral and I started isolating myself from everyone here and since I have no friends here, I found my comfort and company in food.

Anyways, hopefully I can turn here when I'm feeling temptation (usually accompanied with boredom).

I read the beginning of these posts, but then I stopped and thought I better join. I eat eat eat. I am 186lbs. I had a baby 4 months ago. The end of the pregnancy I was 208. So I really dont think im losing that much. I was 160 before I got pregnant. My closet is full of clothes I can not wear. I just donated a bunch of them to a shelter because im sick of looking at them. My whole closet :( Anyways, I eat all day because im sitting at a desk and thats all I have to do. Boredom really. I dont exercise I can one day but then the next I cant cause the kids demand so much attention. So ladies please help me

you dont need to stop eating. just eat the right t5hing at the right time my fren

i agree with you and for me the most important is to be emotionally well.
The last few days have been trying to keep myself busy all the time, even if it rains i go out and i try to see friends, get things done and keep my mind busy with good things.

i know, we know that the worst is when we find ourselves annoyed, like i am sometimes at work, that it is dificult to batle against eating...... once we are with the right mind set and on the right track it goes well but the problem is to get there....

A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and don't stress yourselves during this period, only time can solve our issues, all of them!

LOADS OF SWEET KISSES TO ALL!
Bene

Hi michele

i see myself on you completely..... i've gone through those up an downs a few times, when i moved from Portugal to England, then back to Portugal and now in France.... and it is always like that....... we get to reach our balance but when we do some changes, big changes in our lives it literally destroys our balance..... it's been 7 months i'm in France now and already had a lot of ups and downs due to change of work, disappointments in heart issues..... we deal with so many emotions when we are foreigners that it is almoust impossible not to turn to food for comfort....

Now i honestly believe that only time can solve our issues.

We should keep in touch, here you have my email if you want [email removed]

I hope everything goes well for you in Poland.

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Benedita

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Benedita, I COMPLETELY agree with you! I've only been here for a full 3 months to date and it's already hard to adapt. At first I had a great attitude about everything, then when you're on your own, you start to slowly turn into a pessimist. However, I am trying to turn that around once again, I have a feeling that I will be great this time! :)

Thank You, keep in touch!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE,
Michelle.

I certainly have my "cant stop eating" moments... I guess that is one reason why I failed maintenance and am losing weight again...

Anyway, LOL I guess that I am a member here again... I will have to go back and read some of my hints, tips and distraction techniques from earlier in the thread...

I've become aware that emotional eating is one of my biggest weaknesses... I'm not sure how to solve it - but awareness has to count for something.

I probably lost my weight loss this week by eating three bread rolls with butter...

I must be more restrained...

My name is jaZZ!!! I over eat!! I have a problem! Lol :) I am 243 pounds!!!!!

Back