Cohen's Lifestyle Ground Zero :)

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Starfish- I'm sorry but I seem to have been self-absorbed lately. You have made me smile all of you what with itchy bums etc. I've been tangled up with affirmations & neglecting my weight-loss forum friends. I'll find time tomorrow, I promise! xoxoxox Cate

Hiiiiiii Starfish!!!!

Fornight, I also recieved the same Multi+Mineral Supplement as Luvbug-- our program package include a month of prescribed Multi Vitamins. Its made by REEVA(they call it Diet supplement).. i will bring the container to work tomorrow and give you guys some more info regarding it!

Thanks for clearing that up, lady :D

Im going to find a truck load of Chronium LOL! I eat and 30min later Im hungry again aaaaahhhhhweeee Esp at night, I try to sleep and my tummy is like : fooooood foooood LOL! heheh SHUTUP STOMAGE! lol! :willy_nilly:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes!!! Please TELL ME when you find it!! LOL
:iagree: 100% with you!! 30min AFTER my meal I'm already hungry again...so irritating :/

*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs*** :D

HI ALL
:hat:
So, Ive just returned from my consultant for my 12 week follow-up!

I sometimes need to REMIND myself just how much I have accomplished and just HOW FAR Ive come from that first days-- even my first post!
Im not at re-feed yet-- I have decided to push a couple more weeks... My refeeding program is ordered but I have commited myself to another 4 weeks or so.... I want to get the most out of this!

For me, it is now only starting to get exciting.. I LOVE BEING SMALLER! Its an unbelievable feeling! My head is not so occupied with thoughts of food, fat and flab! Its FANTASTIC! I feel less frantic:willy_nilly:, less scared and less FATTY! lol! :svengo:

No but like realy-- Before the diet, I was constantly worrying about my appearance,what Ive eaten what Im about to eat, how much Ive eaten and how terrible I look! How much my appreance was a affirmiration of just how a BIGGER FAILURE I WAS! I dont have that anymore......

I DONT MISS IT AND I NEVER WANT THAT EVIL VOICE IN MY HEAD BACK! I wish I can explain how relieved I am!

I never did Cohen's for anyone else besides myself and I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE SATISFIED! I LIKE MYSELF AGAIN.. or starting for that matter....:)

I dropped a total of 5.5kg in the past 4 weeks which is more than my 8 weeks! Im stocked-- on average over the past 12weeks Ive lost ±1.3 kg a week! :bigear:

I am capable of so much and completing 12 weeks is a confirmation of that! Im not going to lie and say that I didnt stumble or fall or that it was easy-- because It wasnt and its still not-- but Im not longer consumed my by fear and appehension about my own abilities and determination..... :) Im content.

I cannot garuantee that I will or can make other people happy---BUT-- I can make myself happy and by doing so I in return give out happiness!
So, do you want some ? LOL

I never thought that this will make such a possitve change in my life and although i have been disapointed in others and people do and say things that are hurtfull.. I know now that my peace lies within me and now one can take that away from me-- the best INVERSTMENT ONE CAN EVER MAKE, IS AN INVERSTMENT IN ONESELF! Strange how I sort of knew all these things before Cohens but I FEEL it more now-- there is a difference...

I spent the weekend with my parents in the bushveld... It was pure bliss and I value the time with my parents so valuable... I didnt deviate ONCE! That was my promise to myself.. I didnt!
The one afternoon, my mom backed bread on the fire in a big black pot-- here we call it 'potbrood'! Now if you ever want to lead me into temptation, then you should dish out one of these... So, I was sitting at the table, eating 'my' lunch whilst everyone was layering pieces of hot steamy bread with butter, home made jams and cheese...... I ate my lunch and them my brain started battling with me-- JUST ONE PIECE--COME ON MAN, JUST ONE PIECE, IT LOOKS SO NICE, I KNOW YOU WANT SOME ECT... it was torture...

I excused myself from the table, went to the loft and I silenty wept.....
I know it sounds crazy but I was so frustated.. I knew in my heart that the guilt will outweigh the pleasure and even if I ate the bread, I would not be satisfied....(I know I did the right thing) its not the bread, its me, its temptation that Im battling!
I too, then realised that Im close to the end of my journey with Cohens and that I need to put my head down now and get down to bussiness...loose these few kg and get it over with! DONT GIVE UP AND DONT GIVE IN!

My dad said to me many times that he takes his hat of for me being so strong and resisting my mothers cooking(that alone deserves and medal)... My reply was... Dad, thank you and your support means allot to me, but remember that In the process Im teaching myself so many things : determination, motivation, self constraint and new food guidelines.... He smiled! That was enough for me!

So, today marks the begining of the end for me...... I am on Cohens for another few weeks, then re-feed, the THE REST OF MY LIFE..... IM EXCITED!

Huggs to all! (LUVBUG. MISSING YOU GIRL :)):grouphug:

Wow! This is such an inspirational post. I have to say this is one of my favourite read since I started Cohen!!!

HI ALL
For me, it is now only starting to get exciting.. I LOVE BEING SMALLER! Its an unbelievable feeling! My head is not so occupied with thoughts of food, fat and flab! Its FANTASTIC! I feel less frantic:willy_nilly:, less scared and less FATTY! lol! :svengo:

No but like realy-- Before the diet, I was constantly worrying about my appearance,what Ive eaten what Im about to eat, how much Ive eaten and how terrible I look! How much my appreance was a affirmiration of just how a BIGGER FAILURE I WAS! I dont have that anymore......

I DONT MISS IT AND I NEVER WANT THAT EVIL VOICE IN MY HEAD BACK! I wish I can explain how relieved I am!

I never did Cohen's for anyone else besides myself and I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE SATISFIED! I LIKE MYSELF AGAIN.. or starting for that matter....:)

I am so happy for you!!! It is so difficult to like oneself and I hope to be able to reach the same state of mind as you do.

I cannot garuantee that I will or can make other people happy---BUT-- I can make myself happy and by doing so I in return give out happiness!
So, do you want some ? LOL

This is soooooo RIGHT!!!

Fornight, If my post 'spoke' to you then Im delighted-- Ive taken so many 'wisdom words' from so many people!

All helped, still helping me make the most of each and everyday!

Thank you for your post! It makes me smile!

Many many huggs and A BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU!

mwah!

Hi Starfishy!!!!

Wow girl -- that post really spoke to my heart :)
My mind is also driving me crazy -- especially since I'm so hungry these days..
It's almost begging me to deviate, but I won't!! I MUST RESIST!!

Today I reached another "Non Scale Victory"... I fit into a size 6 skinny jeans and I was like....WHOA!! It was red and hot and I'm totally loving the "new", healthy, skinnier version of me! It feels FANTASTIC!!

Congratulations on your 12 week weigh-in! WOWWWW, that's really amazing!!! :D
I'll weigh myself when I get back to Jozi, but I don't think that I'm losing much more..or I'm losing at snail's speed lol
I'm actually just waiting for my refeed -- so I don't really care about that.

You are SUCH an inspiration for ANY Cohenite!!!! :grouphug:
I mean -- resisting POTBROOD is a victory in it's self! I'm SO PROUD OF U!!! :biggrinjester:
We made it -- we almost made it, girl! We are so super!! (and the other Cohenites as well of course!!! ;) )

We should totally kuier when I get back to Jozi..
Missing you..
*LOTSA HUGS AND MWAH*
xxxx

Starfish- Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts & experiences with us all. It is our biggest hurdle learning to love ourselves & sweetie you are leaping over hurdles day by day. If we can learn to love ourselves we are better able to love others & feel worthy of their love. I felt teary reading about you taking yourself away & weeping but I think I understand why. Say goodbye to that Starfish, welcome to the new one. You have obviously always had a beautiful soul and it is shining through.You are such a lovely, loving & strong person. It's great to know you! xoxo Cate

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Hi Dearest Cate, Luvbug and everyone! I feel like hugging today *HUUGGGGSSSS*

This journey of mine would certainly not be as memorable if it wasnt for a couple of exceptional people out there *HUUUGGGGGGGSSS*

Today I reached another "Non Scale Victory"... I fit into a size 6 skinny jeans and I was like....WHOA!! It was red and hot and I'm totally loving the "new", healthy, skinnier version of me! It feels FANTASTIC!![/B]

WOHOZA LUVBUG you must be close to a Super model! Im extatic for you and I know that you derserve every 'less' inch of it! You worked hard and I am truely happy for you! Red Nogal-- WOW i want to seeeeee! Must be a show stopper! You right, we and all of are Super! Trust me, Im also fighting the hunger off.. its tough in the cold and esp when Im at home! I have to keep busy all the time so that I dont become so aware of it! But I will WILL WILL fight this off! Im not about to give in to some hunger pains....! Ive come so far! VICTORY DANCE!

Im feeling more relaxed after the visit to my consultant-- I know what my wieght is before I go but when she writes it down.. it becomes 'official'! :)
SO, Ive lost ±16kg.... I said to her that .. It still feels a bit unreal... she gave me this advise.... When I go to the shop again.. go to the pet section and look for the big 8kg dog food baggs.. then pick up 2 OF THEM.... THATS HOW MUCH WEIGHT IVE LOST!
I did what she said... and my GOLLY-- I couldnt even pick up 2 baggs--- Its so heavy! I gave them to my bf to pick up HIS EYES! lol! Thats was so shocking! To see how much extra wieght my body had to carry! Im glad that its gone!

Cate, I cannot explain..... Thank you... you are realy speacial to me and I do agree that, we are very allike.....its comforting! I think I get my emotional side from my mom! I get overwhelmed so easily and sometimes its a but of a hurdle for me esp at work--- I tend to be a bit over-sensitive... I also get hurt rather easily.. and heal slowly.....But I take its as learing tools and try to understand more why I feel the way I do! Its great to know you too Cate!

One thing that I know is, Karma.. has its way of sorting you out... lol... the saying goes.. the wheel turns... i'll leave it at that...! I wont let someone validate me like that....

Hope you guys have a fantastic day and a super duper weekend! Im sure looking forward to it... we adopted a kitten early this week and the little thing is crawling into my heart everyday...... Im a bit worried about it, Im a parrot owner and I fear for my bird... Its a mother instict, I cant help it! :p
There is something in the world you dont mess with and thats : predator prey relationship-- eeeeeeeekkk!

Well, too you all, You have made A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE AND IM THANKFUL FOR THAT!

*HUUUUUGGGGGS*

Hellooooo great lady!!!

I'm so glad to see you in such a lovely mood today!! :D :hurray:

You are such an inspiration to others, girl! mwah mwah!
I'll come and post you a nice one a bit later -- I need to run!

Hope u have a STUNNING day, stunning lady!! ;)

HUGS!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxx

Starfish- I don't think we can ever place enough importance on friendship.There are all different kinds of friendships but first & foremost they should be unconditional, just like true love, xo Cate

Hey ALL!!!!

Im BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCK! lol! Have you guys missed me? Cos I tell ya Ive missed myself! EEEEEKKKKKK! I have been Dying to come and update! First, I have away for work for more than 3 weeks, then I came back, my computer packed up, when I got my computer back eventually, this site was blocked by our work server--- ANNOYING! LOL! But somehow, its seems ok again today-- Im not complaining!

IVE MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Im in dyre need to catch up and also TO CHAT in general--- eeeeeeekkkk My wheel are coming off and these days-- Mondays are generaly a 'recovery day' from the weekend cheats! Ya Im afraid that thats the reality! Maybe Im also so frantic about it because I have not been able to come here and draw some inspiration!

I have reached my top GW of 62kg and now comfortably fit into a size 32!!! YIPEEEE DO DA! Although I do struggle to apply myself these days and Its driving me up the walls!

I see my consultant early thursday, the plan was re-feed but Im not to convinced and I might just stick to another 4 weeks till end August! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE TO loose just like another 4 kg! That would be the ultimate! I know I can do It, I dont doubt that! LOL! I have alot of Birthdays this month, one my dad's thats just passed this weekend, My sisters this coming weekend, then my boyfriends birthday and also MIL on the same day! So the party mood is contageous and I STRUGGLE I TELL YA! I dont go completely hay-wire, just like one slip up of a meal, but as Cohen's promises, YOU'LL REGRET IT! And I ALWAYS DO! lol! I have been trying to keep things in prespective and not get to upset about it but its pretty hard!

I want to catch up so badly, so I need some time to read through some posts! Allot of things has happened, Im so curious to know how my fellow cohenite's are doing!

Huggs to everyone, Cate, Niyah and esp to 'Little' (true true) LUVBUG!

MWAH!

Hi Starfish, I did miss you. You always make me smile with your infectious enthusiasm for life. It sounds like you are having lots of fun! I hope the rest of the birthdays are very soon! Every time you eat off plan it is so much harder to get back on. It would be best to start re-feed when you have been strictly on Cohen's 100% for 2 weeks to make sure that you have stabilised, otherwise you may jeopardise your maintenance & I'm sure you do not want to do that. This is the most important part of the plan I think. At the end of re-feed you will know how much food & the correct proportion of each food type that you need to maintain your new healthy weight.
I'll catch up again soon. Our son's SA tour has been canceled due to lack of numbers & he is so disappointed. I have found another shorter one that is close to the dates he had & have let him know but have not yet heard back. He was going to fly into Johannesburg & out of Capetown in Oct/Nov I think & had accommodation & flights & transfers all booked & paid for. The tour was almost a whole month so it has thrown him out a bit. Hopefully he'll find something else that's appealing.
Take care sweets & don't work too hard (or party too hard just yet-LOL!) xo Cate

Hi Cate

Oh its so nice to hear from you! Im relieved that the site is not blocked and everyday I hope thumbs that the people dont catch up and blaock it again! I have to have my daily fix! LOL!

You are so right, I know that the maintenance in the MOST important and after each diet I think that that is the hardest thing to do! I am on track again! Im seeing my consultant early thursday moring.... like I said, we discussed it before and I am suppose to get my fe-feeding plan then, But im going to put it off for a couple more weeks! I am loving my size and with winter on its last legs, Im getting more and more excited as the days go on! Yippeee

Also my 25th Birthday is coming up now in less that a month and a half! I want to get as close as possible to my GOAL of 25 kg GONE! ALMOST THERE ALMOST THERE.. I CAN TAKE IT!

I was determined when I SAID----- 2009 IS MINE! lol! Im so proud of my success! Its fantastic! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I could loose ±20kg!!! At a stage I was getting excited about like maybe just 1kg!

Cate, sorry to hear aboutyour sons disapointment... I tell you he wouldve had the best time here-- we realy have a great country and the time that he was planning to come wouldve been perfect!!! Great weather and such a fantastic atmosphere all round! IM SAYING THIS AGAIN-- I CANT WAIT FOR SUMMER! yay!

Im looking forward to seeing Luvbug again soon! I can believe it been so long since I first met her! Time flies! MY WORK IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE INTENSE ... someday I wish I could just stare at my computer! Brain dead!

Great hearing from you Cate, Sening you huggs--

Ill be around!

mwah!

Nice to catch up again Starfish! You sound so happy & excited!
Hopefully my son will still go to SA! He won't give up easily on his plans. I don't know where he gets his determination from. Ha ha. 25th birthday. WOW!!
Catch up again soon, xoxo Cate.

re-feed is here.............! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

So I recieved my Re-feeding program! Interesting!

I have not started though and by a quick flip through some of the diary entries (LUVBUG) I can see that we are basically at the same place now--- recovery.... eheheh ye ye ye I have sinned and I tell you its a double edged sord!

It is painful to admit it but ye.. I have been sneaking in a few 'treats' and I HAVE PAYED FOR IT! oh well, not all is lost I am back on track now for 3 solid days already and carbs are realy the thing! STAY AWAY! lol! Ya like I can feel after 2 days the effect is gone! I am preparing myself for re-feed but have a couple of events that I need to include in my plan-- My eldest sister, my boyfirnd and MIL 's birthdays all in one weekend-- which is now this weekend-- SO on the 17th August (monday) I am on the plan 100% for 2 weeks and then re-feed! I only have 16 days and with that, I should be fininshed before my 25th birthday.. which was my goal to start off! yay ! Im extremely happy and super optimistic!

Im not about to look at my deviations and cry about it! Im looking forward and focussing on the future and about staying in control now till the end! Its so so so close!

Im glad to see the forum is growing and good to see and hear of new people joining in! Its very exciting!

Luvbug I will get to you -- I promise!

ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY
MWAH!

Starfish, I think you should be really proud of yourself. You are taking responsibility & learning so much as you go. I think you have grown while you've been shrinking. You have really taken control of your life. Well done!! I think it's wonderful, xoxo Cate

Hi Starfish, I was just thinking about the you & Luvbug so decided to pop in & say hi to the 2 of you. As I said to Luvbug I think I must be going slightly senile as I missed that she had posted a couple of days ago. I miss your infectious "joie de vivre" and the way that the 2 of you talk. It's fun! Please let us know what's happening in your life. Any experience is learning. We are all here to support one another & offer unconditional friendship, xo Cate

ive just started cohens (day 3 today) your story is really inspiring! you seem very high energy ! love it.

keep me posted on progress.
x

Back