Cohen's Lifestyle Ground Zero :)

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
No, his crack of the sauce bottle ocker was a little weak... perhaps he's a few chops short of a barbie hey? Definitely comes the raw prawn at times... hee hee heee.... but it is quite funny when they somehow have to make some kind pretentious statement to "make" themselves sound fair dinkum.

OK girls, we'll flee with our awful Oz...

:waving: YO EVERYONE! :waving:

EHEHEH You guys are soooooooo funny! ehhehehe Niyah you are very Inventive with your translation thing hehehe SUCH a good idea! LOL IM IMPRESSED!

OCKER SLANG--- HUH! LOL! Whats that! lol Im curious and ALREADY CONFUSED! HEHHEEH :conehead:

Well, last night I went to go find some pants-- and well I took a 34 of the rack and went to the fitting room! IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE hhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa
I cannot remember when last I fitted into a size 34 jeans(and they skinny) LOL YEAH BABY YEAH! I might have still fitted in them at varcity but it was only as resulT of deliberate starvation=not healthy! SO IM OVER THE MOON! :hurray:

Im just a bit dissapointed that ONCE AGAIN im on antibiotics and my blood test will once again show a deviation :( Was working so hard to get a normal rating and now thats also out the door! I am on antibiotics for another week and half-- as a result of the gynea visit :(

I will be out reach for the next week or more :( Not sure if the quest house i will be staying in next week will have internet (i sure hope so) But otherwise you guys mustn't miss me to much hey! LOL I'LL BE BACK! PROMISE!

SENDING OUT HUGGS TO YOU ALL AND HAPPY COHEN'S
when you stop counting weeks you know that you are in the swing of things! :)

LOVE YA'LL

Well, last night I went to go find some pants-- and well I took a 34 of the rack and went to the fitting room! IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE hhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa
I cannot remember when last I fitted into a size 34 jeans(and they skinny) LOL YEAH BABY YEAH!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D :party:
That's AWESOME, girl!!! :D
It feels amazing hey? hehe

Awww..don't worry about the blood tests. Mine will also show a deviation, since I'm drinking lots of vitamins and stuff. But it won't kill our results -- that's what counts! I also don't think that it'll matter, since my consultant has already ordered my refeed lol

You must enjoy your week away!!! At least you'll still be on fb hehe

Missing you already!!!

MASSIVE HUGS!!!! :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

:lurk5:Hey hey hey Luvbug! Hello everyone else!

ehheeh Yes I have to say, Fitting into a size 34 is realy a milestone for me!:party:

But here is my confession-- my wheels came off a bit over the weekend! :( I so regret it -- i ate a choc-muffin (dont ask me why) and then I FELL ASLEEP- COMPLETELY MISSING DINNER! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggrrr! I wasnt very happy with myself! Very disapointed! :banghead:

But I picked myself up and back on track! I can sort of notice the effect *sigh* oh well! I think that Im going to take about another 4 weeks to get to GW! Its ok Im not to bothered about that! I have been thinking and the closest to my GW I get the better! Im over the worst and so into it that I am ready for the last few weeks! I would like to get to 60kg--and maybe a size 32... ehhehehehhe

Im on cosmic intervention (or thats what I call it) Im not on fieldwork-- things just happen on friday -- Im happy that I have a brain and checked the planning-- otherwise monday wouldve been a disaster! :auto:Im not one to talk and I dont like to say it out loud but happy that Im not out working! Then again- today is only tuesday and Im on standby! (HOLD THUMBS) LOL!

I just have to concentrate on my eating for now- Im starting to get extremely hungry -- eeeeek People say that happens when you close to GW right? Im ignoring it! I have another few kg to loose man!

Hey Luvbug! Im getting back from the bushveld on tuesday next week so maybe you guys must see, then we do drinks or something on the friday or so! But you lemme know k ! Would like to intoduce you to my other half!

Much loves and huggs!
mwah!

Wow, well done Starfish!!! Ok, forget the choc muffin - you just have to jump back on and the size 32 will be here soon!

I ate a few things off diet when I was away this last 4 days - just all too hard when going out etc where I had no control of menu, but boy did I pay! One night of very sore stomach (like reflux), followed by gas, gas, gas! Uggghhh!!! If ever I needed reminding to stick to the diet, that was ENOUGH! I don't even know what it was that upset me so much, but think it was basically a bit of bread.

But - if you just jump straight back on plan, things turn around really quickly. You are SO CLOSE TO YOUR GOAL WEIGHT!!!

I do remember from first time around I was very, very hungry by the time I was down near goal weight. Ended up feeling like I could crawl up the walls. I'm not like that at all this time, so obviously I've still got a long way to go!

Hi Starfish, I agree with all that Niyah said re the muffin. History. I would suggest you mention to your consultant that you are very hungry but don't want to start re-feed just yet. Mine gave me a few pointers to help me get there. Best to ask yours though. PM me if she doesn't suggest anything. Cheers, cate

Thanks Niyah and Cate! :)

Ya my flag was very low on sunday and Im so terrified of failing.. I know it sounds crazy and I should put the 'event' into prespective and rather look at what I have already achieved!
I dont like slipping up-- its the worst feeling ever! Its realy not worth it! Less that 5min of pleasure with A WHOLE LOT OF DISAPOINTMENT! No, not a great recipe! lol! :banghead: I can feel that once your body is in the 'groove' it doesnt like unplanned surprises! It felt like I swallowed a rock! LOL! NOT so nice afterall.. BUT THATS THE THING-- AFTER....... AFTER YOU ATE IT YOU ONLY realise!

But ye, Im focused again and I tell you its tough to resist after so long! We had sunday lunch at the In-laws on past sunday, was fathersday, and as usual I was tormented! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk! Realy starting to irritate me! YOU'd think that people would get it by now!

Thank you for your support guys! I am so not doing that again! My 12week bloodtest is coming up and honestly, I did not think that I would ever get here! 12 weeks seemed like a lifetime but now I can truely say that IT WASNT THAT BAD! AND still i feel that its 100% WORTH IT!

So on with the weightloss and no more moaning LOL!
MWAH!:biggrinjester:

Well, now that your double chin has gone (if you had one...), hold your chin high and just be proud of how far you've come!!!!!

So many women (particularly my generation and older) rate themselves on their cooking that refusal is absolutely rude. But don't take it personally. She'll get used to it eventually!!!!! And eventually you'll be able to take a smallish portion and then just get over it. But for now, your goal has to be more important.

I've just learnt to get over being offended if people don't like or don't want my cooking, and anyway, I have so much else going on in my life it hardly matters now. We don't need to make food such an enormous focus of our lives. It's nice to look after people we love, but that's it!! It truly is the effort that counts, not the calories they do or don't devour!

Being urged by your MIL to eat is more about her self esteem and need to show her love to her son and his beloved than any else. It's only HER that doesn't realise it, but you do, so just say all the nice things about the effort she's made, but don't DO what she wants. Not yet anyway.

I'm kind of glad in some ways my mum was a pretty poor cook!!!! It's never an issue. There's probably nothing she'd ever make I'd think twice about refusing, and I don't know she'd care much anyway. These days she often buys stuff - she's getting pretty old. Dad's the funny one - he'll especially buy something from a bakery if he knows in advance we're coming! Best if it's a surprise then! I definitely don't need cream buns these days!

MIL is pretty good at cooking, but also pretty mindful of her weight and FIL's, and very understanding if you don't want to eat a lot. So I'm guess I'm kind of lucky. She often dishes up fish anyway because her youngest son is a mad keen fisherman and always catching mountains of stuff, which he gives them.

My only problem has always been ME!!! I guess after being brought on pretty ordinary stuff, I've been a real experimental cook and love it! I'm kind of lucky I'm not home much at the moment I think!

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:Well, now that your double chin has gone (if you had one...), hold your chin high and just be proud of how far you've come!!!!! LOL!
AHHAHA ya thanks man I WILL! good one! lol

Niyah- you made me feel so much better :) All the things makes so much sense and you are SO right!

I myself come from a family where my mother cooks up a storm and actually runs a school restaurant! She is realy a great cook! From childhood, we ate balansed -- YET--- to much! The portions are just to big and we as a family acepted that that is how we eat! I was never overweight in highschool and enjoyed a careless teen years-- but I was also very active and always did sport of some sort.. problem came when I went to varcity and thats where a healthy diet became' expensive' for a student.You always needed party money! So followed the smoking and drinking LOL! AND THE BAD FOOD Just varcity fun but not exactly the best habits:)

Anyways, I do know that deep down MIL means well and her intentions is good! I realy didnt go on this diet to make her feel bad -- but I have a goal--you right.... and thats it! Its unbelievable how you realise that just HOW much people concentrate ON FOOD! I do love eating-- dont get me wrong but like its not the only thing great in this world! Not everything has to involve food? Right! Well, its hard because I also suffer from that syndrome!

Im taking your advise Niyah, im not going to allow her to get to me! I will not eat until Im ready and until then she will just have to bear with me! :) Its not for the rest of my life and sundays happen after every 6th day! LOL!

Contrasting enough : after we had fathersday lunch at the Moms, we had to go to the Dads, which has a girlfriend! There again we were offered cake and tea! When I said no, the girlfriend of the dad asked :'Oh what diet you on?' , I replied : 'Cohen's' She knew what I was talking about! Asked me how far Im from re-feed and all that : comes out she also did it! COOL HEY! hehehehe

That made me feel better! A whole lot!

ehhe atleast one less to worry about! LOL!

Hi Starfish!!!!

Awwwwww shame girl!!!! Sounds like you've had a really rough weekend -- evil, evil muffin! But don't dispare..it CAN'T stop your success!!! *evil laugh*:jump:
It's just too small and you're just too awesome for that ;)

WOW - I know what you mean. I'm hungry constantly.
All.
the.
time
.!!

Ugh, it's really frustrating. It's so bad, that some day I add an apple (I know, bad!) And I wake up in the middle of the night hungry haha
Any tips from the amazing experts would be appreciated? :)

Cool! You're on standby - must be fun hehe!

And good for you for staying so focussed! One slip will never keep you down, and that's ALL that counts. You WILL get there..one step at a time :D

Great advice from the other ladies here ;)

*massive hugs!!!*

Re the hunger - The first time around I added a chromium supplement tablet to my daily regime (vitamins and so on). It definitely takes a bit of the edge off the hunger towards the end. Check if your clinic is happy with it. Otherwise - it's just put up with it and it will go eventually when you get on to refeed! It's hard but it's also good when you KNOW you are ready for refeed.

Well Niyah! LOL Luvbug said on Fb this morning Quote: 'Im so hungry,I might just eat my arm' LOL! :drool5:

Well, ya Im hungry more and more but NOT GOING TO GIVE IN! I dont eat any crackers during the day and I have noticed that rice cakes makes me feel less bloated-- so I only eat 2 of them a day! I want to get to GW asap and I will be determined until then! I mean I havent even been on my program the min 12 weeks so I have some time to go! Oh well, no rush!

I have a great weekend coming up and I am so looking forward to sitting in the morning sun and read! Yeahy! :coolgleamA: I love going away with my family!

Well,As long as the weight keeps dropping then all is well! ehehhe I can do these last few man! No sweat! LOL!

Thanks Niyah Im going to take your advise and looking into the vitamins! Im up for any suggestions!

Well, this array of vitamins etc is currently in my room. I haven't taken all of them for the past 2 weeks, only the "essentials". I'm not even sure all of them are legal on Cohen's, but since I have such a busy job and impossible time limits, I have to do something!

One good multivitamin tablet.
One salmon oil tablet (I think Cohen now advise, and helps with warding off depression too.)
One magnesium supplement (various reasons, all of which I forget! One is helps quell chocolate craving)
One calcium supplement (helps metabolise the magnesium)
One horseradish and garlic (always ready to keep flu away when working ina school!)
One Vitamin C (another "get rid of germs" thing).
Plus a couple of naturopathic nerve thingys which I won't go into.
Last time I had the chromium as well, but no need this time - YET!!!

Hmmmm... lost my edit, but you probably don't want to know the rest!!! Something about cranberry tablet, plus one sachet of iron rich spa water per day etc. On Rx side, I take 2 x blood pressure medications, plus a few other things on and off or all the time, so added to what doctor says I must take plus what I WANT to take, I feel like I could rattle out the door in the mornings!

The local chemists love me!

My husband takes N.O.T.H.I.N.G. and is always full of energy, skinny and healthy. (In other words, one of those people who make you sick!)

My husband takes N.O.T.H.I.N.G. and is always full of energy, skinny and healthy. (In other words, one of those people who make you sick!)

Lol YA they are everwhere! In you family, friend..lol I call them the 'skinny for free' people! Those who have to NOTHING and look fantastic! Gotta love them LOL!

Well, with a quick scan I can see Im doing ok there on your list

I take : Vitamin B12
Cod Liver oil (omega3)
Hair and Nail Suppl (also omega)
Dolomite = Mg and Ca
Vitamin C
Zinc
And a MONSTEROUS PURPLE PILL THING WITH SSSSSSSSSOOOO MANT THINGS !LOL!

I cant say that I feel a surge of eneryy when I take them-- I actually feel so nauseus :ack2: then I take them, I do it in stages during the day to ease the sickness! But rather take them. i feel better when I do! lol!:conehead:

Re the hunger - The first time around I added a chromium supplement tablet to my daily regime (vitamins and so on). It definitely takes a bit of the edge off the hunger towards the end. Check if your clinic is happy with it. Otherwise - it's just put up with it and it will go eventually when you get on to refeed! It's hard but it's also good when you KNOW you are ready for refeed.

Well Niyah, I've STARTED my diet with a multivitamin that I actually bought from the clinic. My consultant says that it's recommended by Dr. Cohen himself.
It already contains Chromium...I'm screwed then!!! LOL :biggrinjester:

Well Niyah, I've STARTED my diet with a multivitamin that I actually bought from the clinic. My consultant says that it's recommended by Dr. Cohen himself.
It already contains Chromium...I'm screwed then!!! LOL :biggrinjester:

What brand is that? I am taking USANA multi vit and multi mineral. The multi mineral did state that it contains Chromium (120up). I don't think it helps because my friend who take the same thing (but not on Cohen) told me that she always feel very hungry when she takes USANA multi vit & minerals.

For me, I feel fine because cohen diet actually helps to balance my blood sugar so I don't have the hungry feeling. But I do feel my skin on the butt cheeks itch in the first couple of weeks when I started taking the multi-vit & mineral. The sales person told me that was because I have too much toxic and it is surfacing on to the skin ---- butt cheeks????? I don't know about that. The itch is not so much nowadays. *relief*

Good Morning ladies!

Fornight, I also recieved the same Multi+Mineral Supplement as Luvbug-- our program package include a month of prescribed Multi Vitamins. Its made by REEVA(they call it Diet supplement).. i will bring the container to work tomorrow and give you guys some more info regarding it!

Well, for me, I always try and take supplements -esp with Omega3 because Cohens have to little to no fat in the diet plan! I need it for my skin, nails and hair ;)

Im going to find a truck load of Chronium LOL! I eat and 30min later Im hungry again aaaaahhhhhweeee Esp at night, I try to sleep and my tummy is like : fooooood foooood LOL! heheh SHUTUP STOMAGE! lol! :willy_nilly:

Niyah, you are hillarious! I laughted so much :chillpill:'OK I am envious of the "monstrous purple thing"... I must have one!!! (He he). ' :chillpill: HEHEHEHEHEHEH LOL!

Itchy bums! LOL! I luckily have never had a problem with vitamins! that must be realy horrible! Glad that its not such a problem anymore *phew* !

Almost WEEEEEKEND PEOPLES! yay! Im so excited for the bush YAYA!

Back