Gastric Balloon - My Journey is about to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in Cairo did you have yours done please?

Hello! Where in cairo did you have yours done? I am tryingto ask around abiut the best doctor to do it with and I am still looking can you please give me his name?thank you :)

I had it done in Cairo, Egypt. it cost me like 2000US$. I was worried about doing it in Egypt, but i have family here and a place to stay, and the doctor was highly recommended.

Yes, the doctor prescribed to me all kind of medications: anti acid, something for nausea and vomit, anti spasms , pain killers orals, and injections pain killers and anti vomit but he told me to take those only if i am throwing up the oral meds. Good news, i am keeping down the oral meds, so hopefully i won't resort to injections.

I would be worried too if i had 4 hrs drive after the procedure, that could be rough, but you see people react to the procedure in various degrees of discomfort, unfortunately there is no way to tell in advance how you will respond. Is that your only option as far as clinics?

Update: slept badly, due to being uncomfortable on any side, finally i slept on my tummy and it was the best position....did not expect that! No throwing up or nausea all night. In the morning i had a fit of nausea but i breathed thru it and it passed. I am having very small but frequent sips of water, apple juice and added liquid yogurt, no vomit, keeping them down fine, so that's a relief.

i am tired and sleepy, and sleeping on and off all day.

when and where are you having urs?

Hi Janey

I am in the US too and do not know where to go to apply the balloon, kindly advice me where should I go. I live in charlotte NC

Hi Janey

I am in the US too and do not know where to go to apply the balloon, kindly advice me where should I go. I live in charlotte NC

Diet after the balloon

Ok sorry for the long post but thought I would share this...my doctor has provided a diet plan

First day diet:
Cold tea and water:
• Drink slowly in small sips.
• Wait in between the sips for a minute or two.
• Do not drink more than 100 ml at once.
• Nothing but tea with or without sugar, or still mineral water.
• Wait for least 10 minutes between drinks.
Your total fluid intake should be not less than 2.0 liters per day.

Recommended dietary regime during the first week after BIB
• High Protein Diet with vitamin/mineral supplements - or-
• Breakfast
1/3 cup pureed fruit
½ cup yogurt
Lunch
½ cup consommé or broth
1/3 cup pureed fruit
Dinner
½ cup yogurt
½ cup pureed fruit

Recommended dietary regime during the second week after BIB
• Clear broth or soup without vegetables or meat and not too creamy.
• Low fat, sugar free yogurt.
• Skimmed milk.
• Natural fruit juice or pureed soft fruit (apple, banana, pear, etc).
• Vegetable juices.
• Low calorie drinks.
• Sugar free protein supplements, with skimmed milk.
• Water ( 6-8 cups / 2.0- 3.0 liter a day).
In between meals you may drink vegetable juice, milk, fruit juices, water, to ingest sufficient
liquids and prevent dehydration.

I also have a meal plan for the following few weeks as well and it seems that a main meal is basically small portion of protein 1/4-1/2 of a chicken breast or fish with veg etc to be honest my problem is similar to alot of people its the size of my portions not what I actually eat. I dont have a sweet tooth but could easily eat a full roast dinner ...twice lol....I think this balloon will give me six months to enforce the new eating habits and I know that after all this I wont go back to old habits I will not be back in the same postion a couple of years down the line.

Hope you are all well ...Amy

WOW...Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back