Floater's diary

@Cate thank you, that means a lot!

I woke up to walk the dog and I'm not feeling comfortable - some tightness in my chest, and I'm really bloated to the point where my underwear rolls down my stomach (despite usually being perfectly comfortable). Might be because I had too much salt yesterday, might be gas from legumes and onion, but in any case I'll try to sleep a bit more and see if that helps. But I don't feel sick, just tired, so I'm not giving up on today just yet :D

Drink lots of water & hopefully you'll flush whatever it is through your system. I hate that bloated feeling. My body does not cope well with legumes.

That chili/potato/cheese pie sounds like heaven! Also: if life experience is what it takes to be a great film director you have ALL the credentials. What an exciting goal!

Thanks @LaMaria ; I'm sure it takes much much more than that, but in general maturity and vision (as well as teamwork skills) tend to go together.

I had two slices of rye bread in the morning, and a pot pie and two chickpea and cheese wraps for lunch. Delicious, although my gut will probably hate me later. I'll just drink a lot and have some coffee, it helps with the bloating.

I'll go to the sauna now! It helps with puffiness/water retention and I just feel like it anyway.

Ah, sauna felt great. I also dyed my hair. The color didn't take quite as well as I would have liked, but it's better than the faded pastel mess I used to have haha. Now: coffee!

Ok, no gym today: after having coffee, I did my makeup (thinking it's nicer to go to the city center looking cute), and sat on the bed for a while watching a Youtube video... Woke up 1,5 hrs later. Being this tired isn't normal, so I'm not going to risk it! I feel otherwise ok though.

I had soba noodles, 200g of green peas, and mushrooms for dinner, and for dessert a slice of dry rye bread with peanut butter and maple syrup. Now I'm having a cup of tea, and then it's time to walk the dog. Weather is pretty but chilly, 6 degrees Celsius!

I hope you feel better after the extra nap.
Much better - still tired though. But I had a lovely walk in the fields with Nera, took some nice pics of her and selfies (I really liked my make-up look lol), and now I'm back in the warm apartment eating baked, cheesy chili and pea burritos. (I have a freezer drawer full of green peas, and I need to eat them before my next grocery delivery or I'll drown in peas :D )

Had a snack of chickpeas and miso soup, made myself a lovely cup of maté with cinnamon, and after that I'll run the dishwasher. I still have plenty of chili left, but it should last for two more days. I've been a bit low on fresh produce today but I've gotten plenty of protein, and frozen peas and legumes technically count as veg (in Finnish nutrition recommendations anyway). Well, I have a whole pumpkin in the fridge, so I can roast it tomorrow, yum.

Might need to have something carb heavy before bedtime, but all in all I'm very happy with both the quality and the timing of my meals today. I never got too hungry or light-headed. My gut is protesting the legumes a bit, but it's not dangerous.

Once again you are taking good care of yourself, Floater xo
Thank you for the positive affirmation <3

I had strange dreams. I lived where I live in reality, but at the same time my hometown was a fantasy realm with monsters roaming the frisbee golf course and fields, and with weird medieval fantasy politics. I was some kind of a monster hunting hero, but I was also about to get married to some important political figure. 😂

I was shopping for wedding stuff and everything. I obviously had a femme body so I had to shop accordingly. On my way back I popped in a monastery that was located in the shopping mall, and it gave me a sense of having to follow through with the wedding out of obligation. But I was very happy when a monster attacked during the wedding reception and I could leave the table to go kill it 😂😂😂

I have my first covid vaccination tomorrow! And my friend asked me to come over today, she will pick me and Nera up in 1,5hrs so I have to hurry up to get ready and eat before that.

Take care, everyone!

I had a great time with my friend. She and her girlfriend have bought a terraced house and this was the first time I've seen it; they have made it really cute and cozy in a short time. It's located near to where my student housing used to be, so it made me really nostalgic. It had two floors and poor Nera was really scared to go back downstairs - we even thought about carrying her down for a moment - but in the end she made it down the stairs just fine! After that we had a nice long walk in the Kalkkikallio nature reserve area which is just half an hour away from my friend's new home, and then she drove me back home. Nera is happy, but completely wiped out after all the adventuring. My friend has a cat, and Nera was fantastic with her, cautiously curious and characteristically sweet towards the smaller critter.

I just had last of the chili with pasta and a mountain of grated cheese. I'm drinking sugared coffee and trying to find the motivation to go grocery shopping. I don't absolutely have to, but it would make things much easier if I happen to get sick from the vaccination. Well, I can sit down for a while and relax and see what feels like the best idea.

I did go grocery shopping - I got a big (and very expensive) jar of miso paste, bean sprouts, a cabbage, tofu, spring onions, and a wheat beer as a treat. I'm really tired, and so is Nera. I gave her a can of tuna to replenish her energy right after getting home from the visit, and her usual kibbles after our evening walk.

I have had rye bread with marg and I should eat something else before bed, but I can't be bothered to stress out about that, I'll just wait for the hunger to hit and see what I want to eat.

Sounds like a big day, but a very productive one. Hope you are currently sleeping soundly (at 12.54 am your time).

I felt my first but not the second. I had AZ though: which one are you getting?
No idea 😅 I'm currently waiting in line like a good citizen and I'll just take what they have lol

PS it was Moderna

Last edited:
Back