Floater's diary

Had egg drop soup for breakfast a couple of hrs ago. I wonder what I should eat next... I feel soooo lazy. I have tofu in the fridge, but I'm out of scallions. Maybe mashed potatoes?

Oh wow I made mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and I feel like I'm in heaven 😂 Ate two bowls of it and now I need a nap!

Thanks LaMa!
Fried tofu and a red apple for dinner. Can't wait for Monday, benefits day, I'll get fresh herbs and maybe some fried chicken 🥰

Was very hungry still so I made some stir fry with egg noodles, brussel's sprouts, shiitake, and egg. Feeling kind of sad out of nowhere. Weird. I'm sure it will pass soon!

Feeling kind of sad at this time of year is not unusual. I think we all wonder what the new year will bring. It's a big unknown. You wake up on New Year's day & feel the same as last year, yet expect to feel different. It will pass & you will feel like you're moving on xo

I had a hard time falling asleep, so I also slept in late, and only had breakfast just now. Lazy day, but not a bad one. I had congee with a fried egg and topped with nuts and seeds for breakfast. I experimented a bit by simmering the congee with kaffir lime leaves, scorpion hot sauce, salt, and mirin, and really liked the end result. I don't know if it's because of seasoning it during the cooking process instead of after, but the congee turned extra velvety and rich. Now I'll have a cup of coffee, take Nera for a long walk, tidy up the place a bit, and just chill for the rest of the evening :love:

Your congee sounds almost like risotto and so delicious! Has Nera quite recovered from the New Year madness?

I had a lovely long walk with Nera and bought a beer from the kiosk. Her paws make a cute sound on the fresh snow! I made tofu, corn, and edamame stir fry with noodles for dinner, very satiating.

I'm so happy about the hairdresser tomorrow and that I'll get to treat myself to some special food after having to stretch my cents for a while...! Maybe I should buy some potatoes, salad, herbs, and steak and throw myself a little steak party in the evening? With some red wine? I don't know yet, but I love having the chance to spoil myself a bit! (After paying the rent and bills, of course!)

Ughh I couldn't sleep until 5AM or so, and woke up at 8.30 to Nera having had an accident. Walked her, changed the sheets, went back to bed to doze a bit, now have to get up and walk her again and walk to the hairdresser!

My hair turned out BOMB. Couldn't be happier! We had to modify the original idea into a balayaged white-and-black skunk hairdo, because my tips were just too permeated with layers and layers of direct dye to get bleached; but I look amazing. I look like an old warlock who used to have black hair but has gone gothically salt and pepper from all the exposure to the dark arts. 😂 A total transformation and 3 hours of work for 140€! Both I and the hairdresser were overjoyed, she'll instagram my hair on her professional account ^^

Stopped at the Asian grocery for my staples, next stop is getting the steak and potatoes and salad + red wine.

Wow, that sounds like a LOOK! But a bloody amazing one. Sometimes necessity is the best guide.
Yeah the hairdresser was a real artist. I love it when professionals are confident enough to say to the client that hey, the idea is good but the canvas won't allow it, so how about *this* . She has my customer loyalty for sure!

I'm sorry about the very unflattering cropping around my jawline in the first attached photo, I just snapped the pic quickly at a Taco Bell loo, [EDIT, SOS, NO, THIS ONE I TOOK AT HOME, the rubber ducky on my shoulder is mine, it just looked so similar in the thumbnail to my taco bell loo photo lol.) and the second one was taken in my apartment building's elevator. Flash is muddling my face on purpose. Nera can be seen in the photo too, she was eagerly waiting for the doors to open, and to get home and get fed!

I had been talking about buying steak for several days prior, and I did find myself a nice 250g entrecote for 10 euros. I decided to have it tomorrow, because I'd rather have it earlier in the day; so I'll make a big batch of mashed potatoes today, have some with gravlax and veg, and put the rest into oven-safe containers to be baked tomorrow and served with the entrecote. This will also give me some extra time to find out how to cook it best! "Precious and fragile things, need special handling... My God what have we done to you..."

Hehe, Depeche Mode is almost always a mood but right now especially so!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-03 at 18.47.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-03 at 18.47.07.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-03 at 18.27.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-03 at 18.27.21.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 8
Back