Don't try this at home

Kitty sounds delightful. I like and have had many non-standard cats. The aloof ones are no fun and we have always worked to socialize ours to be more like dogs, yet they have the cat advantage of not being as needy as dogs.

It is hard to lose a pet, they are such a big part of our lives. Going in her sleep was surely the best for her and your family, as those last trips to the vet when we need to make an end of life decision for a beloved pet are so darn awful. I remind myself that unlike most of us, animals don't fear death. Really sorry for the sadness your family must feel.

Well last week I was thinking I was fending off a cold. This week I realised I wasn't.
Closest to training all week was a few hours stuffing Christmas sacks at work, which while manual was far from workout standard.

I am sure you are devising some new, evil, beat yourself in some way scheme for when you start training again... And best of all, your son will hold you to it!

Well it's still early in the year so targets can still be relevant. Normally I have these thought out during December at the latest but during December last year I was busy trying to stop being ill so I could train.
Issues currently are that I am still having to allow for the fact I have to re-strengthen my lower back before doing the fun 1RM or at least low RM stuff, as normal have family commitments, which are always going to interfere and are important, have still got the epilepsy and reduced immunity to deal with which keep causing me to miss training and I do not see as acceptable.
I want to get back to doing stuff that is good fun in the gym and know going all out on power is not an option so this years targets have to be a bit lame on that front, instead I am going for something silly instead, after all what's the good of having a safety rack if I'm not going to take a few risks.

Realistic aims this year.
Train at least 48 weeks without being ill or having to recover from seizure.
Improve co-ordination and flexibility. Key points one legged pistol squat on bosu, competition quality, not weight, clean and jerk, split and squat snatch.
Improve fat grip strength, deadlift and hold with 100kg for set of 6, general sage in pull work.
Keep get regular running back over 7.8mph.

Unrealistic aims this year.
At least 50 weeks without illness or seizures interfering.
Fear factor time. Get more used to doing movements upside down, which may seem simple but I am stupidly scared of doing this stuff. Aim to do an upside down push up on the suspension trainer, will have legs supported.
Pistol squat on bosu with barbell, ideally some weight on bar aim for 40kg lift.
Competition quality clean and jerk and snatch with my bodyweight.
Fat grip deadlift and hold with 120kg for 10.
Fat grip clean and jerk and snatch.

With this year being about co-ordination there will be lots of silly stuff going on and more silly targets added. My version of improving co-ordination has always been centred around instable or unadvisable activities that people shouldn't attempt without a note from their psychiatrist.
This week should be OK. There are a couple of dad duties that will impact on the running, likely mean missing intervals and doing 3 runs Tue, Wed and Fri instead of Mon, Thu and Fri, but no big deal.

7.7 out of 8's not bad. And I see your squat's back up to something resembling real weight.

Back