Don't try this at home

Back to it this week, no running last night, still recovering from confused sleep so journey home was lazily sitting in a car, shameful.

Today I am back with a vengeance and hopefully set to do well.

This month is going to be a bit weird so there will be sessions missed.

Middle aged spread is still on the rise, though I didn't weigh in last weekend, I expect that would have seen increase in fat far outstripping my lean mass, ate a lot and trained little. Weekend prior I was just over 13 stones (182 pounds, 85.5kg) at 17% body fat. I am definitely gaining a bit of blubber with the lean mass but proportionately little so still happy to keep seeing how this goes. Worked out that over 3/4 of the weight is definitely lean mass and a few pounds of fat is rarely an issue for me to lose if I want to.
The brakes will be applied on this immediately if my running pace starts dropping uncontrollably, or I can't cover a respectable distance. I accept being close to 1.5 times my running weight means being slower, age will never be a factor of course. Having got 7.5mph average back, next trick is to work up toward 8, this of course while building up in the gym and wanting to lift ever heavier, not even remotely unrealistic demands of course. See which breaks first, bets can be posted.

After your recent stint of 555's, I think your running's due for a good crash and burn next.

You can go off people you know!
I know something is going to give. Weights are climbing, body weight is increasing and running time is dropping. All looks wonderful, but I am going all out to get it and the running in particular is where I am feeling this most, so you could easily be right.
Carrying what is rapidly approaching an extra half of my ideal distance running weight is taking it's toll and I am really working hard throughout the run. Don't use HR monitors but I know how my breathing and chest are feeling enough to know I am at max most of the time.
There are limits but being stupid I won't stop until I have pushed it a bit too far, then I will back off a little.

No just a bit of cold or similar, what doctors call viral infection, covering everything from cold to HIV. Was wanting to get at least one week of proper training this month but not to be.

What has gone well and wrong this month?
Much as I am a sad boring old man whose life is normally predictable and busy, there are occasions when my time is called upon by others too.
This month I have been on one work trip for 'team building' and 'brain storming', much as the location was amazing, it is somewhere I would have enjoyed more in the company of those I love than those paid to tolerate my company. I will be going on another excursion for work, this time actually working.
Also had my son's birthday and have best man duty for my brother. I think I have enjoyed the former more than I will enjoy the latter. Brother into football, bowling and beer, not my thing at all but none the less what I am organising for the stag do, son by contrast is into toys and general fun, much better. Icing on the cake is of course the wedding, which I am looking forward to, proud brother.
Much as some of this stuff is wonderful it is playing hell with my training. only leaving one complete week and I have been ill part of that.

I will not be training to full extent, by a long way, but will be doing what I can when I can and hope to keep roughly on track. normal movement days will be out of the window as I try to do what I can.
Not running this week cycling instead, hoping to do some squats this evening or tomorrow. Rest of the week is not going to see any lifting done.

Will be changing session in April anyway as this one will have been kept most of the year so far, and even with changing from 555 to 10, 8, 6 I feel a new routine will be good.

I was wondering where you were. I guess you did post something about many commitments coming up and not feeling well. Lame or not, it's good to have you back.

Deadlifts are my best event. You out bench me and are lighter so that comparitively is your event. My target for this year is 100kg bench, but considering another is getting back to 8mph running we will see.

Latest run

The bench press as my event...that's an unsettling thought. I thought you had to be good a lift first.

I know a guy who's about the same height and weight as me, and his best lifts in competition are 160/80/210. His deadlifts inspire me, his bench press helps me to feel smug.

I am taller, heavier and aiming to be doing 200/100/210 this year. Nothing like having a target that will work well with running.
My thought is the extra weight has to be a benefit so there has to be strength there.

Back