Dog Walkers Club

Yeah, the heat is getting us too pretty bad. I try to walk Kali at 8 in the morning when it's still nice and cool. But sometimes my schedule gets screwy and we don't go until evening. It's HOT HOT HOT. Last night, we only went 1.5 miles.

So another 1.5 miles for a new total 176 miles!

Ok, back on track with the schedule. I had a hard time getting back to my morning routine after the holiday weekend. But things are good now! We ran 1/2 mile to the park, walked mile in the park and ran half a mile home again. It's nice - I can actually feel the running getting easier than last week. I should have timed it, but something Kali has to stop and pee so I won't be able to do it every time.

So 2 more miles - new total of 178 miles! Which leaves 41 miles left to our next goal. I think we can get there by the end of the month!

Last night we went to the school to fly a remote controlled airplane and took Kali along. She chase that thing around for ever. Poor pup barely made the walk home. So we walked about 1.5 miles there and back - but who knows the mileage that pup put on herself! I've included a picture of what happens when you let your over enthusiastic dog "fetch" your crashed plane. Needless to say, it didn't come back in one piece!

This morning, she was licking at her paws and I bet her pads are sore. We are taking her to the dog park tonight so I spared her the 3 mile run this morning. I took her out during my cool down and we just went around the block. I think she was thankful!

So we added another 1.5 miles for a new total of 179.5 miles!

We didn't make it to the dog park last night as it was getting dark. I took her out for a mile off-leash walk in the woods this morning. She probably ran at least 3 miles though! Then we went to the off-leash dog park this afternoon. While I only walked a mile around the island, she probably ran quite a few again. She is completely passed out right now. Dead to the world that is.

Another 1.5 miles for a new total of 181 miles!

Where is everybody? Kali and I are lonely in here!

Last night we went to the school to fly a remote controlled airplane and took Kali along. She chase that thing around for ever. Poor pup barely made the walk home. So we walked about 1.5 miles there and back - but who knows the mileage that pup put on herself! I

179.5 miles!
LOL I'd like to put a "Pet-o-meter" on my dog when he gets all worked up. :)

I know we've walked since I posted last, but I don't remember how far....but we will take a walk tonight so I'll post that when we get home.

Kali and I went to the park today for 2 more miles and a new total of 185.5 miles!

We are half way through the month and about 34 miles from our next goal - when we started the month, we were 60 miles off. I really think we can make it to Hardford, CT by Aug. 1st. But where is everybody?

A 2 mile run this morning. Newly dead skunk on the road nearly made me throw up. I held my breath and sprinted past it. Then I was greeted with a sharp pain in my chest for that! I had to walk for a block to get rid of it. So my time was not all that great, but at least I have a good excuse!

2 more miles for a new total of 187.5 miles!

Ran to the park, walked in it and ran home for a total of 2 miles.

I've also decided that Kali needs to get out a little in the evening. My fiance is out of town this week and he usually takes her out during the day - just around the block. I can always tell when he has as she is calmer when I get home no matter how hard I worked her in the morning. So I'm going to be taking her for 0.7-0.9 mile walk when I get home - I have 4 different courses laid out for that. And then right before bed, I'll take her for a 0.4-0.6 mile walk - I have 3 courses for that. So I'll be adding about 1.3 miles to our routine everyday. I'm sure that I'll miss a lot of these though because of time constraints, so it will probably average out to around 3/4 of a mile a day. We'll see!

So 2 more miles for a new total of 189.5 miles!

Went for one of the evening walks last night - 0.5 miles. But I got home really late and went right to bed so didn't take her for a pre-dinner walk. I have out of town guests here and it's kinda throwing my schedule off. This morning, I went on my timed 5k run and Kali just hasn't been able to keep up on my shorter runs so I'm not taking her yet. Again, I took her on the 0.5 mile cool down.

So just a mile to add today for a new total of 190.5 miles! Hey, we've walked just about as many miles as pounds that I weigh! :p

I've been slacking with posting my miles. It has just been so hot lately that the only feasible time to walk is late at night. Even then my poor dogs suffer, flopping down on the road and refusing to move. Yet they yammer and cry for their walk all day! And it is too hot to run my computer for more than a few minutes-- I have the smallest room in a duplex with no air conditioning... talk about hot! Damn heat wave.

190.5 + 16 miles = 206.5 miles

Yeah, yarmiah is back! I was out of town this weekend, so I didn't walk Kali...and this morning I woke up late. Doh! Back on track tomorrow.

58 miles reaches Philadelphia,PA- MET 6/7/08
155 miles reaches NY City, NY- MET 7/3/08
219 miles reaches Hardford, CT
381 miles reaches BOSTON, MA

Funny, I was on vacation this past week on Cape Cod and took a day trip to Boston. What great town. Clean, friendly . . full of history, and OMG tons of dogs!!! I think there are more dog walkers per capita there than anywhere in the US. Professional dog walkers taking out 7 at a time, and the regular folks that only have 1-2.

We should probably put our heads together and come up with some other "dog" cities for our next journey as we are approaching our destination in the coming weeks!

Took Finnegan for a walk after dinner.
He was a bit of a pain in the a$$, but then again he hasnt been walked in a while.

206.5 miles + 2.0 walked this evening = 208.5miles

Took Finnegan for a walk after dinner.
He was a bit of a pain in the a$$, but then again he hasnt been walked in a while.

206.5 miles + 2.0 walked this evening = 208.5miles
We take Jack out for a walk almost every night after dinner and it seems like the first hundred yards is always challenge time. Jack wants to see if it's going to be his turn to be in charge and it usually takes a couple of corrections before he settles in to walking properly. :)

I don't remember when I posted last so I'll add in the miles from Saturday, Sunday and Monday's walks. That's 3.6 miles added to the previous total of 208.5 for a total of 212.1

They were calling for rain today, so I took Finnegan out this afternoon instead of waiting, and using the weather as an excuse not to exercise. It was a bit hotter than we are used to @90', so we didnt get the 2 miles in as usual.

We did knock out 1.5miles to add to the 214.1 miles, making the new total 215.6 miles!

Less than 3 miles to Hartford!!!

Only managed 1.5 miles yesterday, but got to the park this morning for another 2 miles.

So.....that's 219.1 miles! We're in Hartford!

58 miles reaches Philadelphia,PA- MET 6/7/08
155 miles reaches NY City, NY- MET 7/3/08
219 miles reaches Hardford, CT - MET 7/24/08
381 miles reaches BOSTON, MA

We met that a lot faster than I thought. We went 64 miles in 3 weeks. Our final goal is 162 more miles though! At this pace, we can make it there in 8 weeks or so. Let's see if we can't push it and make it by September 1st (only 5.5 weeks)!

Back