Club 200-250

remember... a single pint of water weighs a pound. i have had days when my weight has varied as much as 5 lbs over a single 24 hour period. but knowing this, PLEASE don't start dehydrating yourself. water does your body a world of good and the bottom line is the inherent ZERO calories.

remember... a single pint of water weighs a pound. i have had days when my weight has varied as much as 5 lbs over a single 24 hour period. but knowing this, PLEASE don't start dehydrating yourself. water does your body a world of good and the bottom line is the inherent ZERO calories.
Flyer, you are right of course, and thanks for reminding me. I am still thinking about all this, even though I just post my weekly weight I weigh myself at least every day and for the past week or so my weight has just bounded around, not gone down, up some if anything. It has made me reevaluate my calories and I am sure that my count is reasonable accurate. So I know intellectually I am losing weight, but emotionally I still have that negative thinking Kyle talks about. Talking it over here with others, who understand helps.

I get your point about dehydration being an effective, but stupid way to lose weight short term. In high school I was on the wrestling team for one season. We were taught many stupid weight management techniques, dehydration being the big one. No water, lots of exercise to sweat, even spitting just before weigh in was encouraged. Not eating for a couple of days was also common. Then once you made your weight heading right into a binge, that assured you'd need to do it all over again before the next match.

:( for the irresponsible high school staff who pushed that dehydration line on vulnerable young people. It's of course common in the professional sports world, including horse-racing - awful, wherever it's happening.

Anyway, hang in there, Rob. You're too smart to not. :)

It's Monday of my weekly weigh in process, and today my weight is down, but it has been so erratic lately I am not sure I trust it to stay down. Oh well, we will see what Wednesday brings. Down is better than up.
:( for the irresponsible high school staff who pushed that dehydration line on vulnerable young people.
I agree, its been a long time since I was in high school, hopefully things have changed.

It's Tuesday afternoon, I weighed this morning but forgot to post. I am still down some, we'll see what Wednesday morning brings.

230 lbs, my plateau turned out to be short lived! I am not down 90 lbs since I started this diet. Actually I am down more that that from my peak weight, I did not weigh often, but I know in 2008 I was at 360, that's the highest I know of. So I am really down 130 lbs from my historic high. But I will take the 90 and be happy about it.

Thanks for the support Amy.

Hey guys, I've have been unable to post on here because I couldn't manage to get my weight to move in the direction I wanted and I was feeling a little disappointed. But it finally went down to 243 lbs. I guess it just took some practice to tweak the various habits back to the right setting. One thing that seems to help at this point is going to the gym. It helps push the weight down AND it helps me feel good in general.

Since I am finally seeing some good results, I am feeling hopeful I can push a bit harder. I just need to be a little more careful about my dinner selection and quantity as it seems to make a dramatic difference. That is (as I mentioned in the past) being aware of my overeating during dinner time and the tendancy to pick more fattening options because I am tired.

I am feeling more core energy now. I feel focused enough to make some headway with my weight loss now. But I will also remember to enjoy the journey this time around, no pressure or judgement. Let's see how it goes.

:iagree: I'm agreeing with Rob here, Kyle - you can post any old time here, not just when things are moving in the right direction - speaking of which, great that you're on the way down again!

Thanks, Rob and Amy. I went up today to like 245.something. Yesterday I was very happy with my behavior (eating right, exercising) but I got super sore after the gym and had to stay in bed after dinner. I am still super sore the next morning. I read online that sore muscles after a workout may cause some temporary weight gain, which seems to be what has happened. I expect my weight will go down after my soreness wares off. It's a good feeling and a bad feeling at the same time.

Its Monday, a holiday here, Martin Luther King day. And my weight looks like it will be down this week, that will feel good but we'll see what Wednesday brings.

How are you Kyle?

It's Tuesday, and I am up a little from yesterday, still a bit below last week, but less than yesterday. Pretty sure I will be able to claim some loss this week, just not sure how much. We'll see what Wednesday brings.

Wednesday and I am down 2 lbs on the week to 288, a good loss. I was actually down more on Monday but bounced back up, no big deal 2 lbs feels good.

Actually, I am not doing great on progress. I have been eating well and exercising, but I am not able to get down. I am 245 again. I have been heavily stressed by marriage and work drama, and also starting to catch a cold (maybe), which I am guessing may be hurting my progress. But I am satisfied with my eating and exercise. So I have hope the progress will come eventually if I am patient.

Hey, Rob. Good job. I am a envious. Seeing how you are progressing is inspiring and gives me definite hope for myself. Any advice or tips you want to share?

Its Monday and day one of my weigh in. So far it looks good for a loss. I have to go to Phoenix Tuesday and Wednesday so my weight date won't be on Wednesday, not sure how I will do it, but I'll get it figured out.

Hey Rob. It's inspiring to see your steady peogress. I have strong hope that I will start seeing some steady results too.

I have strong hope that I will start seeing some steady results
I am sure you will, and am looking forward to reading about it. As I have said, you passed me once, it would not surprise me to see you do it again.

I have a real early flight to Phoenix in the morning, if I get up early enough I may do a 2 day weigh in, if not I'll be back to my scale Thursday.

Back