Club 150s

155.4 lbs

This is where I will be starting from.
A little rusty on the workout schedule.
Hopefully, I will put together a plan and start my journey.

Hey everyone. It’s been a few years since I was on this site, but time for me to return! I weigh more than I ever have in my life. I am 5’3” and just weighed in at 156.5. Two years ago I was diagnosed with a mild heart condition and Hashimoto’s Disease. Right after all this got sorted out I became pregnant and delivered a healthy baby boy. I am so happy to have him, but breastfed and justified overeating as “I’m breastfeeding, so my body needs it.” While it’s true you do need some extra food, I was overeating. So, here I am! A healthy weight for me both physically and psychologically would be in the range of 120-135. I am 20 pounds over the highest limit.

I just returned from a trip to China and South Korea, where I was for 2 weeks. The fat shaming there is intense. But the good news about that is it helped to motivate me to get healthy. I am hoping really to lose weight for my health. I want to be a healthy mom and live a long time to be there for my son. I am also wanting to lose weight to boost my self-confidence. Also, I want to look good for my husband and friends. Vanity is a part of it, but it is a definite health concern.

In the past I found this forum very supportive and helpful, so I’m hoping to recapture some of the great motivation I found here. One of the most helpful aspects was these clubs! It’s a great idea to break down goals into 10 lb. increments and get support along the way. It’s been YEARS (a decade?) since I’ve been in the 130’s, but I am hoping this is the year I can do it.

I know I have to start slow/ramp up with the exercise, but am hoping to not go too slow and take advantage of my wave of motivation. I’m giving myself 3 weeks as my first benchmark. I want to do a real, solid checking in on my progress at that time. Of course I’ll check in a lot between now and then, but 3 weeks is my first milepost.

That’s all for now - excited to be back and to get and give support!

151.0 lbs

Back