Cate's Diary

Sounds like the rain was not unwelcome ;)

I have decided to go into town tomorrow, just to pick up some library books that I ordered. I'll also take Arch for a walk around the river. If I go in tomorrow then I'll definitely stay at home on Wednesday.
I have felt tired today. I took Arch for a 2.5 km walk today, bought some succulents up the road, potted them up this afternoon, did a little housework but not much & am kerplunked in front of the tv with Arch on my lap.

Glad your social days went well Cate. Good to share some laughs with friends!
I took Arch for a 2.5 km walk today, bought some succulents up the road, potted them up this afternoon, did a little housework but not much & am kerplunked in front of the tv with Arch on my lap.
That sounds like a nice day. I'm impressed you got a good walk in despite feeling tired.

Kerplunked is a great word :)

Thanks, Liza. It was a really sociable weekend but was also relaxing as it turned out.
Yesterday was pleasant. I pushed myself to get the walk in & was glad I did as right up the other end of our street is where the plants are & that inspired me to buy some more & do another small "garden". We have had a birdbath for years that the birds don't like, I think because it is blue, so I have planted it out. I'll see if I can add a photo here. I haven't tried since our forum changed. Succulent garden 1.jpgSucculent garden 2.jpgWell, that was easy. I didn't have to resize :)

Lovely succulent planter!!! The bird bath looks like it was made just for them. I'm happy you got such a nice long walk in and some much needed kerplunking in, too!

Thanks, Marsia & LaMa. My camera roll is full of Archie photos! I also love all our emojis these days. The old ones are still there but some of the new ones just didn't cut it. I love adding them to my posts. The novelty might wear off 🤣

G has gone to golf today & I might concentrate on doing some housework. The laundry looks like one(it's usually very neat), so that might be a good project, after the obvious stuff, like the dishes & the dining table, which I cleared but haven't cleaned......Hmmm, yes, housework it is!

I never manage to find the emoji I am looking for, but it's fun to try. I hope you had some nice calming alone time and get to really enjoy being home!

I never manage to find the emoji I am looking for, but it's fun to try. I hope you had some nice calming alone time and get to really enjoy being home!
I love that you can start typing what you are looking for in the smilie search bar & it gives you alternatives or type : & the start of what you want & it offers it up. I also love that I asked to have them moved to where they are now & it happened.
I had a lovely day, thanks, Marsia :)
I have a lot of practice from my phone so I generally know where to start looking :)
I try not to use them too much in messages, but can't seem to help myself here :blush5:
I adore Archie and the succulents look sooooo cute too!
Thanks, Floater. Archie is adorable 🐕 💜 Succulents are fun.

We're going out to lunch today with A & M, which will be nice.
Our BIL went into hospital yesterday & they said he was to go into palliative care in another hospital. Somehow my amazing SIL has arranged for palliative care to be in their home. He is only expected to live a matter of weeks now. We will most probably go see him over the weekend.

How sad for your BIL and SIL but it's great that they have everything arranged so well.

Back