Cate's Diary

Hi Cate, nice you got to spend time with the grandkids and D. I can not do much bread at all. Simple carbs go right to weight gain for me. Your food plan sounds good and doable! Would it help to see a physical therapist for strengthening exercises for the knee or for a brace to protect it? Maybe you've already gone and I missed that while away. K went to a physical therapist for her knees and that really helped a lot. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Hey, TDT. What strength turmeric/ginger capsule do you take? I might try it again. I’ll order some loose tea too I think.
Hi, Marsia. I did see a physical therapist & she gave me some good advice. I was doing really well until the recent inflammation, but that has settled down again. I will definitely wear my knee brace whenever I have a hit of golf. I will check out a more comfortable one though.
I am having a lovely weekend, but still have jaw pain, so am taking it easy. It’s also raining.

I take a 1950mg capsule twice a day. I take morning and evening maintenance meds anyhow, so I just add one in with the other stuff. I always take any meds or supplements with food, unless otherwise instructed. One thing about me, though. I very rarely have any kind of indigestion, acid reflux, etc. Has just always been the way my system works. Your results may vary...

Thanks, LaMa. :grouphug:
Thanks, TDT. I ordered some capsules which are not as strong & some loose turmeric/ginger tea. I rarely get indigestion etc either. It's worth trying again.

It's Sunday & I'm resetting my plan.
I had 2 days AF (🍷 ❌ )Plan the same this week.
1440 cals & log everything every day! I usually only get half way through the day.
5000+ steps each day.
Have a hit of golf one day a week to work up to 18 holes.

I usually only get half way through the day.
Ah yes I often only get halfway through as well! Nowadays I'm not getting any calorie counting in!

Your plan sounds great altogether Cate--good doable goals!

Hope your jaw pain is easing and continuing to heal nicely. :grouphug:

Thanks, Liza. I'm actually going to really aim for completion of my logging this week! My jaw pain is much less this morning, thank goodness :)
Hope the week ahead goes great for Cate. ;)
I hope your week is a gem, Em :)
Sounds like a sensible plan. Let´s do like Philips and make things better!
As with the electric company? Is that an ad, LaMa?
I do try to be sensible, but I also need to try harder!

As with the electric company? Is that an ad, LaMa?
Yep, from the 90s I think. Some ads don´t leave my head even after many decades for some reason. I´d say great work by the ad company but I generally can´t remember what brand they were associated with...

Some stay in my head forever too, unfortunately. They're not all bad though. Ads usually don't work for me either, thank goodness!

Spring has sprung here. There are birds everywhere, some trying, vainly I hope, to get into our roof to nest.
I'm not sure what I'm doing today, but I think I'll head into town to do some shopping & take Arch for a walk around the river. It's such a sunny day, but only 6oC here at the moment.

Hi Cate, I hope you have a lovely river walk and that it warms up nicely for you. It's chilly here, too, but from the fall fog. Happy spring!

Thanks, LaMa & Marsia.
I had a really good day yesterday. Arch loves going into town- so many other dogs, so many smells, so many things to pee on!
G has gone off to golf today & I have a day at home. I am going to get some gardening done. We have veggie seedlings that need planting out.

Glad you had a good day! So funny how happy dogs get marking their territory. Enjoy your day gardening. Wish I could join you!

Whoops! I had better get moving! I took Arch for a walk after finishing my book & was sitting outside with him on my lap. Things to do….,,:blush5:

Ok. I have done the gardening that I planned doing (just planting out some cabbages) & pruned the lemon tree, which was looking really sad. I have done the housework I need to do(dishes, sweeping) & am back outside again with Arch & about to ring my little sis. I don't feel quite so lazy now :)
I had a delicious, healthy lunch- Cos lettuce, shredded, celery, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, a couple of anchovies, 3 dolmades, fresh mint & parsley. Then I had a small bowl of Greek-style yoghurt & some stewed fruit. I'm about to have a pot of peppermint tea (a couple of painkillers as my jaw is still aching).

Sounds like a great day. Are your winters mild enough that your lemon tree doesn't need protecting? That sounds marvelous!

So glad your spring is springing for you! The walks and the gardening sound great!
Sorry to hear your jaw is still aching--may it heal quickly.

Back