Cate's Diary

I wish. I ate my 2 pieces of toast, Llama & thought the bread wasn't as nice as the usual one so went & had a look at the packet.
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that!
I had another terrible night's sleep. I'm not sure what's going on. I did a lot of gardening yesterday & had terrible hayfever (& Asthma) & was wide awake when it was time to sleep :svengo:
Maybe between the normal bread and the allergies your body was just too stressed? I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the party!

love the Blueys. They waddle.
!! so cute!!
I had another terrible night's sleep. I'm not sure what's going on. I did a lot of gardening yesterday & had terrible hayfever (& Asthma) & was wide awake when it was time to sleep
oh i hate nights like that!
We have a 70th to go to tonight at the golf club. I really hate going out at night, but I'm sure it will be better than I expect.
Hope it's fun!

Thanks, Llama & Liza. I am SO tired this morning, but the evening was really good. For a 70th it was noisy. I got to catch up with so many people & had so many really pleasant exchanges. It was nice to catch up at something other than a funeral. We left before 10 so that was good too.
Quick edit:
I'll log again today & G & I are going out to play 9 holes of golf soon.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you enjoyed the party. Hope the golf goes well and the fresh air revives you a bit.
It did, Em. I got around the course better than last time too 😊
70th what? Someone's birthday? Whatever it was glad you enjoyed it.

And the golf today.
Yep. 70th birthday. It was enjoyable, as was golf. It feels good to be more active.
I played some woeful shots & some wonderful ones. I’m going to shoot for 2 games a week of 9-holes.

Wonderful to hear you enjoyed the party and had an easier time playing golf. Enjoying the exercise you do is the best motivation.

Thanks, Llama. It does feel really good to be back playing a sport I really do love. I'm not going to worry about playing in comps, except for fun ones, like team events.
My day has improved even more. Archie doesn't understand that I walked around a golf course pushing my clubs & he wanted to go for a walk & was staring at me & growling & wagging his tail. Off I went & walked about 1.5 km before ringing G to come to get me. I put my phone in the bum bag & then heard a voice....I had accidentally "pocket-dialled" our older son, who then said he'd call in tonight to see us. We haven't seen him for ages. He's coming for dinner.

I put my phone in the bum bag & then heard a voice....I had accidentally "pocket-dialled" our older son, who then said he'd call in tonight to see us. We haven't seen him for ages. He's coming for dinner.
Oh that's fun! Maybe you should accidentally pocket-dial him more often!

So great about getting back to golfing and it already feeling easier!

Oh that's fun! Maybe you should accidentally pocket-dial him more often!
The thought did enter my mind :)
So great about getting back to golfing and it already feeling easier!
It feels mentally good for me too, Liza as well as physically.
What a lovely surprise!
It was nice, but he didn't stay long at all.

I might start wearing my Fitbit again maybe just while I play golf. It would be fun to compare what it says for calories burned compared to inputting golf manually into MFP. I have quite liked using one less piece of technology though.

I sneakily got G a new golf buggy by pretending it was for me. I had sold my motorised one & needed one, but I am going to leave my bag & buggy out at the course in the buggy room so don't need anything fancy. His old one had needed octopus straps & looked old & tatty when the golf bag was off it but is fine when the bag is on it. I managed to manoeuvre him around by saying how silly it was for me to have a new one when his old one works perfectly for me. I proved the point yesterday by insisting I try his out. I also told him I would take his new bag back to the shop if he didn't start using it. It's bright red & matches the black buggy with bright red trim. It's silly to wait until Christmas to use it.

I'm going out to play 9 holes again on Wednesday with one or 2 of the women (when I organise it) & then 18 on Saturday with G & D (one of the vets) playing in a fun team event, but in a ride-on cart.

Sounds like you're well and truly back in the golf life! Good thinking taking a ride-on cart for the 18-hole event: hopefully it won't be too much that way.

I might start wearing my Fitbit again maybe just while I play golf. It would be fun to compare what it says for calories burned compared to inputting golf manually into MFP.
That would be an interesting experiment and i would love to hear the results--i have thought of buying a Fitbit but so far think it's just another toy that I don't really need...
sneakily got G a new golf buggy by pretending it was for me.
Good one!

Sounds like you're well and truly back in the golf life! Good thinking taking a ride-on cart for the 18-hole event: hopefully it won't be too much that way.
I think I'll be fine with it as I won't have to play every shot as it's an Ambrose. In an Ambrose, a group of 2, 3 or 4 players work as a team. Each player hits off the tee, the best shot is selected and all other players pick up their ball and place it, within one handspan, alongside the best ball. Each person then hits a second shot from the same spot & so on. If a player hits a beautiful shot & there's no point in you also hitting, you just pick your ball up. It will be nowhere near as hard on my body as playing every shot.
That would be an interesting experiment and i would love to hear the results--i have thought of buying a Fitbit but so far think it's just another toy that I don't really need...
I'll let you know after tomorrow. I have it charging.

What a fun way of making golf a team sport!
It is one of my favourite golf days, but the good golfers usually don't like it as it's not serious enough. I have to get 4 of my drives counted so that we qualify. With my new attitude of playing for fun & not trying so hard, it shouldn't be a problem. I used to overthink golf like I do most things.
I'm going out to have a hit today at 12 so that we get into the clubhouse about the same time as the other women.

In an Ambrose, a group of 2, 3 or 4 players work as a team. Each player hits off the tee, the best shot is selected and all other players pick up their ball and place it, within one handspan, alongside the best ball. Each person then hits a second shot from the same spot & so on.
Oh that does sound like fun!
With my new attitude of playing for fun & not trying so hard, it shouldn't be a problem. I used to overthink golf like I do most things.
I love that of change of attitude!

Thanks, Liza (& Floater & Llama).
My change of attitude really helped my golf yesterday & I hit the ball pretty well. The woman I played with said I must have been out practising, but it's only my 3rd hit in over 2 years. I hit some beautiful drives that I don't think I could have hit better. I am happy to steer clear of playing in the women's comp for quite some time. GT walked around with us as well & it was nice to catch up with her. Most of the women take a long time to play a round of golf & we were waiting in the clubhouse for at least an hour and a half for some to get in & 2 hours for the rest. By the time presentation was done it was about 4 o'clock. It's too long a day for me. Next week is the Christmas breakup & I'll play with them at 10 & then have lunch. T was there & we had a great yack. No one was unfriendly.
I had a terrible night's sleep again. I think I was overtired.

Ah, I love hearing that you are enjoying golf again. I do think it will help with your mood in general. :)
Thanks, Em. I think so too. I was just thinking about it then & was smiling. Playing for fun & just building up my stamina is my goal.

Back