Cate's Diary

How marvelous to hear you enjoyed yourself AND played well. It would be so lovely if club culture had just changed to the point that everyone is just nice now and toxicity is no longer tolerated/rewarded.

Thanks, Llama. It would be lovely if everyone was nice, but I'm going to make sure that I do what suits me & I'm going to assume that everyone is nice & treat them how I want to be treated. The captain has been much nicer to me since the vets' tournament. Her husband & G are co-captains. I also think it may be my new attitude. Having T playing with the women is a great buffer zone as well. I can do as I like & I'm going to. I'm not sure if I'll rejoin their comp at all. I'll see how I feel in the new year.
G & I have done some gardening today, but it has been both really chilly & then quite warm. It's also windy.
We had such a delicious lunch- frittata with salad. G had so many veggies in the frittata & tofu. It was so nice. BF was tuna & avocado on toast, dinner will be chicken curry with lots of veggies (no rice).

The golfing sounds so great for you--such a great combo of good healthy exercise, skill and good socializing! Sounds like a really good practice too with the attitude of fun, as well as treating everyone as if they are nice--good mindset to go in with.
The food sounds so good...as does the gardening :)

There’s a phrase that I quite like, ‘Treat everyone as if meeting them for the first time.’ The frittata sounds yum.

❤️ That's what I like to hear! Glad the captain has been a little nicer as well.
Thanks, Llama. It makes for a more pleasant day, that's for sure.
Sounds delightful. Such a blessing to have someone cook healthy, delicious food like that.
It really was one of the most delicious & nutritious meals I have had. G is such a great cook & he really looks after us both well.
The golfing sounds so great for you--such a great combo of good healthy exercise, skill and good socializing! Sounds like a really good practice too with the attitude of fun, as well as treating everyone as if they are nice--good mindset to go in with.
The food sounds so good...as does the gardening :)
Thanks, Liza. I think my attitude has changed for the better & which will make it more enjoyable for me.
I planted more seeds yesterday- perpetual spinach & corn salad. We hadn't tried corn salad before but I bought a whole heap of seeds from a Tasmanian seed guy & these were successful. G loves using them in just about everything.
There’s a phrase that I quite like, ‘Treat everyone as if meeting them for the first time.’ The frittata sounds yum.
I think it's a good idea. Often first impressions are just plain wrong. I can be forgiving as well. I don't have to get tangled up in gossip & can leave or stay whenever I like. Not getting enmeshed is my idea, but I will be open to genuine friendship.
We have more left of the frittata to have today. Yum!

I decorated our tree yesterday & I'll gradually put up our decorations in the next few days. I should have done it when the urge grabbed me a couple of weeks ago. We'll be seeing all of the family on Christmas day but in instalments.

I planted more seeds yesterday- perpetual spinach & corn salad. We hadn't tried corn salad before but I bought a whole heap of seeds from a Tasmanian seed guy & these were successful. G loves using them in just about everything.
Oh nice to find a new excellent versatile crop! I've never heard of Corn Salad but just googled it--maybe i will try some out in my garden next year!
I decorated our tree yesterday & I'll gradually put up our decorations in the next few days. I should have done it when the urge grabbed me a couple of weeks ago.
Do you have that same tree that i remember from a few years back? I forget what it was made of...but it was pretty cool and original...

Oh nice to find a new excellent versatile crop! I've never heard of Corn Salad but just googled it--maybe i will try some out in my garden next year!
I hadn't heard of it either but I thought I would give it a go. I planted it in a fairly wide pot & it has grown really well. I planted a whole heap of seeds & didn't spread or thin them out & we have had an abundance. You could plant them early as ours weren't affected by frosts. We have been eating the leaves for about 2 months.
Do you have that same tree that i remember from a few years back? I forget what it was made of...but it was pretty cool and original...
We do. It's made from fence pailings.

I'm heading for golf soon to play in the 3-person Ambrose. This should be fun!

You could plant them early as ours weren't affected by frosts. We have been eating the leaves for about 2 months.
Excellent--something to look forward to--it sounds really good--i love easy to grow, versatile crops.
We do. It's made from fence pailings
Oh yes! That's what it was! So cool!
I'm heading for golf soon to play in the 3-person Ambrose. This should be fun!
awesome--hope it went well!

Thanks, Llama, Em & Liza. I had a really fun day at golf yesterday. I'm so glad I have got back to it. T is such good company & we have lots of laughs together. I slept like a log last night. I had forgotten how good the game itself makes me feel. I probably tried a bit too hard at times but when I relaxed I hit some really good shots. Golf is such a confidence game.
We'll have a quiet, lazy day today though.

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Em. I think I am able to go into it with a new attitude & that makes a difference too. The guy who caused us both so much grief was there & was within a few feet of me down near the buggy room & I ignored him totally but didn't feel uncomfortable, nervous or angry. The women who have been the rudest to me over the years played & I was pleasant to them & they to me. That's all I want of them. I don't need to be best buddies with them. I was very tired yesterday, but it rained for most of the day so didn't feel too bad about being lazy.
I'm doing hampers for Christmas this year for the boys & need to get them together to see what I still need & find something to put them in. I'll try to do that this week. We'll have R & C before C'mas & then in the morning & then D & T & the GK's in the evening. I'm not sure if T's youngest daughter is coming. We'll have the GK's on their own as well during the afternoon which will be lovely as our older GS is dropping them off after their mother's family lunch so he can catch up with us. He has lots of juggling to do with his GF's family as well. They are both lovely. I hope it works out for them.

The women who have been the rudest to me over the years played & I was pleasant to them & they to me. That's all I want of them.
Excellent mindset. Long may it stay that way!
our older GS is dropping them off after their mother's family lunch so he can catch up with us. He has lots of juggling to do with his GF's family as well. They are both lovely. I hope it works out for them.
Your older grandson seems to do a lot for his younger siblings. How old is he again? Planning Christmas definitely gets more difficult with every family added!

Thanks, Llama & Liza. He’s 23, Llama & is very thoughtful. He has always been like that.
Christmas always feels ages away & then “boom!” I don’t feel ready & there’s too much on.

I always forget how quickly time passes... I hope you'll enjoy Christmas without overwhelm: we've got 3 celebrations planned 4 days...

Back