Cate's Diary

So satisfying getting so many things sorted out. You've really earned that coffee. :)

The plumber came today & fixed everything, including a brand new toilet cistern, fittings & seat, some new taps & lots of little things that had been bugging us. The old toilet has looked awful for years & has never functioned well.
Oh that sounds so nice! So nice when you get something replaced that really needs it.
I cleaned it thoroughly & it just beeped at me that a wash is done. I haven't been able to use warm water in the other one for at least a year as it was broken & hot water leaked out onto the floor. I can go cross off so many things off our to-do list.
Again so nice! It just makes life so much better when you have things working properly!

Thanks, Em & Liza. It really was so good to get some things fixed, especially the toilet that most visitors use.

I had a huge day yesterday. We left the house at 7.10 am & got home at 6.10 pm. I did dishes mostly & the bar (for a couple of hours) & selling raffle tickets. I was on my feet for almost all of the day & was totally knackered. I slept like a log. I'm physically very tired, but mentally good. The golf tournament went well. I'm glad it's over though.

Glad it went well and glad it didn't motivate you to do more 🙈 Nice to have it behind you for a year and not to have to worry about it anymore!

Well done on your huge day, haha. Days like that are good from time to time. Glad you slept soundly. Hope you have a nice, relaxing day ahead.

Glad it went well and glad it didn't motivate you to do more 🙈 Nice to have it behind you for a year and not to have to worry about it anymore!
I'm glad too, Llama. I did it to help G only.
Well done on your huge day, haha. Days like that are good from time to time. Glad you slept soundly. Hope you have a nice, relaxing day ahead.
I'm going to have one very lazy day, with lots of attention to Archie.

Thanks, Liza & Alexis (& Llama, Floater & Vic). I had such a lazy day yesterday. I was still really tired & aching all over. I took Arch for a walk in the afternoon but didn't get very far(1.5 km?)
Today we'll take it easy again I think. We have to take our old washing machine to the tip shop & might just potter about in the kitchen & the garden.

Hoping you have another good restful day. A big day like that can really take it out of me as well. Some gentle time in the garden sounds perfect.

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Em.
Saturday was very restful & I recharged my batteries. We took the washing machine to the tip, along with our household rubbish, Arch got a couple of short walks in & we did little else. Saturday night I didn't sleep well & yesterday was social golf day up in the mountains. One of the members had rung G asking for a lift up there with us. G said yes, but I was wary as he usually wears a fragrance of some sort. I decided to sit in the back seat with Arch & sure enough he really smelt of something very strong & soapy. I quickly put on a mask. It was an hour's drive up there. I was incoherent for quite a while. I walked around 4 holes with G & his playing partners, walked back to the car & sat in it for an hour or so, finished my book, fell asleep & then went for a drive. I did not eat well yesterday. The town I drove to has a good bakery & I had a chunky beef pie & bought 2 very small lemon meringue tarts for our Sunday night sweets. They were incredibly rich & sickly. From now on when I go to golf & have time to kill while G plays I am taking a healthy lunch for myself as you are really limited on where you can eat with a dog here. A picnic would be much better.
We just got a grocery delivery & we sure are stocked up with lots of veggies & fruit! My brain is telling me what I really need. I may have over ordered :blush5:
I just paid my golf membership for Dec & 2023 so can go out & have a hit any time I like now, without worrying about green fees. That will help to get me out there. I'll start off slowly though & won't play more than 9 holes at a time.

Ouch on the smelly golfer! I hope the aftereffects don't last too long and he's never allowed in your car again.

Saturday was very restful & I recharged my batteries. We took the washing machine to the tip, along with our household rubbish, Arch got a couple of short walks in & we did little else.
Glad you were able to recharge your batteries and that sounds like a nice little productive day!
just paid my golf membership for Dec & 2023 so can go out & have a hit any time I like now, without worrying about green fees. That will help to get me out there.
Hope you get some nice golfing in Cate!

Ouch on the smelly golfer! I hope the aftereffects don't last too long and he's never allowed in your car again.
I'm still croaky & itchy, Llama, but over the worst of it, I think. It can't happen again.
Hope you get some nice golfing in Cate!
I'll have to push myself out that door, Liza & leave my little dog at home.
Enjoy the challenge of getting through all the extra fruit and veggies. ;)
Haha, Em. That sure won't be a challenge :D
Poor little Arch has a very upset stomach. He must have picked something up off the ground or floor. I have been awake since 4.30 am. It's cold this morning & he's curled up on a rug on my lap. We'll go to town later & that should perk him up.

Aw, poor little Arch. Also, poor little Cate for being woken up so early!
My day took a turn. I was showered & dressed to go into town & was tidying up a drawer to fill in time to go(the library doesn't open until 11 am) when I looked across the floor & there was a gruesome sight. Arch had diarrhea. Luckily we don't have carpet in most of our home. I picked him up at arms' length, deposited him in the laundry, went back & cleaned the floor, then changed into my work-at-home clothes, went back & bathed him. I have given up on going anywhere now. That would have been horrible in town & I also don't feel like leaving him home. I have done lots of housework already so thought I would pour myself a cup of tea & come back here. Oh, well!

Back