Cate's Diary

Stretching after golf should be fine (nothing wrong with stretching every day if you want to) but other than that I'd treat golf like a normal workout and plan a rest day before and after. Meaning walks are fine but no strength training on those days.

I think I was afraid that I would damage my knee further by playing so it's a great relief to have completed 9 holes & am no worse off this morning.
Yes take care of that knee! i don't know anything about golf but is it possible to just go out and do like 3 holes? Just to ease back into it and see how your knee does? I'm just thinking about running after an injury and how it's recommended you build back up really slowly to avoid re-injury.

Stretching after golf should be fine (nothing wrong with stretching every day if you want to) but other than that I'd treat golf like a normal workout and plan a rest day before and after. Meaning walks are fine but no strength training on those days.
I think most of my aches & pains this morning are from doing strength training, followed by golf the next day.
Yes take care of that knee! i don't know anything about golf but is it possible to just go out and do like 3 holes? Just to ease back into it and see how your knee does? I'm just thinking about running after an injury and how it's recommended you build back up really slowly to avoid re-injury.
I think I will try to play 9 holes each week if I can, & work my way up to perhaps playing the occasional 18. It's mostly my arms & shoulders that are hurting & I think that may be a combination thing.
Cate, what a fantastic achievement with the golf after a 2 year absence! I'm proud of you sister! :D
Thanks, Em. It really felt like a big achievement & I'm looking forward to getting back out there again.

I feel really exhausted today. R arrived yesterday. I think I feel mentally exhausted as much as anything. G is playing golf. I left Arch at home with R & went & did some shopping & could curl up & go to sleep.
I weighed myself this morning & at long last the scales are moving in the right direction! I was starting to lose hope. I have been making good choices with food & drink & am probably eating more protein.
This is such a relief!
I really don't have the energy to type in anyone's diary, I'm sorry. I do feel emotionally & mentally drained.

your strength training ideally would be aimed at balancing out the muscles used to avoid over use and imbalances caused by the golf which should keep you pain free as much as possible.

I think most of my aches & pains this morning are from doing strength training, followed by golf the next day.
It's mostly my arms & shoulders that are hurting & I think that may be a combination thing.
That makes total sense and I agree with what Tru said.
at long last the scales are moving in the right direction!
:party: Congratulations! It's SO frustrating when you're doing well and they're still stuck.
I really don't have the energy to type in anyone's diary, I'm sorry. I do feel emotionally & mentally drained.
:grouphug: I hope having R close for a couple of days helps.

I weighed myself this morning & at long last the scales are moving in the right direction!
Wonderful! And well earned.
I have learned to listen to my "aches & pains", I think at our age (I believe I am a little older than you) its important. I suspect I have reached my maximum with respect to how much weight I can lift, not from the muscles perspectives but from the joints. I don't think my shoulders can take any more increases. It took a couple of years to get here, but for upper body I think that's where I am. Not a bad place to be. I am increasing weigh right now in lower body, due to knee recovery, we'll see how that goes.

Oh, and of course I am no expert on this, just my personal experience and speculation speaking.
I really don't have the energy to type in anyone's diary, I'm sorry.
Don't be, never expected, and never a problem! You are no doubt one of the best at keeping up with other's diaries.

I weighed myself this morning & at long last the scales are moving in the right direction!
Wonderful!! Nice to see the results of all your good efforts!

I hope your energy lifts Cate--and yes, never a need for an apology when you don't make it round to the diaries.
Take care :grouphug:

Thanks, Tru, Llama, Rob & Liza :grouphug: . I don’t feel as exhausted today, but it’s difficult typing on my phone so I’ll keep it short & come back later today after R has gone. Yesterday his dog leapt onto my laptop while I had a hot coffee in my left hand. It was just lucky coffee didn’t go on it and I didn’t drop my cup.
He’s an adorable dog, but is still a puppy & is a beagle. R goes back to Hobart today. We are going into town again as G needs to get more stuff for the tournament. He doesn’t trust anyone else :svengo:

Glad to hear the exhaustion has passed...hope your energy stays up
Yesterday his dog leapt onto my laptop while I had a hot coffee in my left hand. It was just lucky coffee didn’t go on it and I didn’t drop my cup.
aw puppies....glad your laptop stayed safe!

:grouphug: Sorry I´ve been AWOL, forum mom, I was dealing with my own stuff <3 Glad your laptop is ok - and beagles are adorable but clingy, or so I´ve heard :)

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Floater. I think most of us are struggling in one way or another at the moment. Life feels back to normal today, even after a terrible night's sleep. I can choose to do very little today & tomorrow. I felt quite overwhelmed the last few days. I know that I help R through his really rough patches & I'm really grateful that I seem to be able to help steer him through, but it still is emotionally draining. It's his birthday today & his GF is taking the day off work to spend it with him. She is an absolute gem.
I fell asleep twice during the day yesterday afternoon after we got back from town & consequently I could not get to sleep last night until after 1 am. So many things were going through my head! It's 8.35 am & I could go back to sleep now. I might just do that soon.
I bought a golf buggy yesterday- G thinks it's my Christmas present from him, but I think it will be his & I will have his old one & I bought a new golf bag for him, "for Christmas". I thought I would use the advantage of me going with him on yet another trip just for this tournament & make the most of it. He was grateful that I went with him & didn't even attempt to argue about spending money on himself. He has a real thing about it. The bag & buggy match well. We'll see :)
We grabbed something quick from an Indian restaurant(curry puff & a chickpea veggie ball thing?) yesterday & I have had a cranky stomach since.

I had a really good day. G went off to golf, I took my time getting into the day. I prepared my lunch & took Arch for a 35-minute walk. I rang the plumber as we have a leaking toilet & left a message. I had lunch & read & then he rang to say he was on the way. I had cleaned around the places that need attention earlier in case he came today. I had a list! He's a really good plumber & I'm glad he came while G wasn't here as I am getting a new toilet cistern (it has never been good), a new kitchen tap & lots of little things fixed. He's coming back tomorrow to do the lot. We have lived in this house for 19 years now but built it over 30 years ago. He was our original plumber & we only ever have him do any work. He always comes when I call him & I always pay him straight away. A very good arrangement.
I rang my sister & then took Arch for another walk & am happily sitting down relaxing. I love this time of day (5 pm), especially in Spring & Summer.

He's a really good plumber & I'm glad he came while G wasn't here as I am getting a new toilet cistern (it has never been good), a new kitchen tap & lots of little things fixed. He's coming back tomorrow to do the lot. We have lived in this house for 19 years now but built it over 30 years ago. He was our original plumber & we only ever have him do any work. He always comes when I call him & I always pay him straight away. A very good arrangement.
Excellent! Nice to have a good plumber you know and trust!

Nice work getting a couple of walks in besides arranging all that work to be done too!

I know that I help R through his really rough patches & I'm really grateful that I seem to be able to help steer him through, but it still is emotionally draining. It's his birthday today & his GF is taking the day off work to spend it with him. She is an absolute gem.
It must be nice to know that R also has his GF for support...it takes a village for all of us to get through our rough patches I think!

Thanks, Liza :grouphug:
I had better get moving as I need to be showered & dressed before the plumber gets here. I slept in as I was awake for ages again last night :svengo:

Today has been a very busy, very productive day. I came back in as I will be going out early tomorrow to help G prepare for this tournament. He has lots of helpers but is also playing. I will take pressure off him. I may come home again & go back out in the afternoon. It depends on how I feel. I most probably won't post here at all until tomorrow night or Friday morning.
The plumber came today & fixed everything, including a brand new toilet cistern, fittings & seat, some new taps & lots of little things that had been bugging us. The old toilet has looked awful for years & has never functioned well.
The washing machine was cactus & G & I took it out & fished out our old one from the shed. I cleaned it thoroughly & it just beeped at me that a wash is done. I haven't been able to use warm water in the other one for at least a year as it was broken & hot water leaked out onto the floor. I can go cross off so many things off our to-do list.

That must be such a relief, getting so many things done! Which reminded me that putting things off makes me anxious, just I just went and did the biggest chore on my list.

Back