Cate's Diary

My first thought was also that K9 moves fast but then I realized I just have no sense of time :D
The lovely weather should help you get out more, I think.

I was really glad that K9 fell in love again, LaMa, as I know she really loved(s) R. I think her heart was open to love.
The lovely weather should inspire me to get out more, but I really do need to have a small car to get my confidence back in driving. I might look at cars while G is away. I might even buy one.

I just said to G that I really want to get a little car again so that I get out & about more & he said “We had better do that then”. I have not gone anywhere for 8 days. He has changed his mind & thinks we should sell the car we bought from his sister. I just looked it up & it’s worth lots more than our older one. The older one is better for tip runs & could be driven around our land. It’s a Toyota RAV4.
I had better start having a proper look at small cars. I’m thinking a Toyota Corolla or a Kia Rio.

I just said to G that I really want to get a little car again so that I get out & about more & he said “We had better do that then”. I have not gone anywhere for 8 days. He has changed his mind & thinks we should sell the car we bought from his sister. I just looked it up & it’s worth lots more than our older one. The older one is better for tip runs & could be driven around our land. It’s a Toyota RAV4.
I had better start having a proper look at small cars. I’m thinking a Toyota Corolla or a Kia Rio.
You can't go wrong with those cars.
I don't know what the values of used cars are where you are, especially small economical cars, but here they have really gone up, like 2 or 3 fold. I think due to the economic downturn and cost of living increases many western countries are going through.

You can't go wrong with those cars. I don't know what the values of used cars are where you are, especially small economical cars, but here they have really gone up, like 2 or 3 fold. I think due to the economic downturn and cost of living increases many western countries are going through.
Small economical cars have gone through the roof here too, Tyke, but we did buy the Camry cheaply & should make some there. In hindsight I wish I still had my little old Kia Rio, but our son loves it!
That’s really good though. How far out is town??
11km
Gotta try that avo and tuna combo..
It’s yummy!
Wow, sounds like there’s a little saga going on here. I’m going to try to keep up with all the letter names o_O
No saga really. I don’t think I would even try to keep up 😊

yes i hope you find a nice little car that suits you and will help you get around more comfortably!
September sounds as beautiful there as it does here...autumn and spring are both lovely times aren't they?

Your car choices sound really good. We have my mom's Toyota Prius, and it gets amazing gas mileage, but does not handle well if it is even damp roads, so I wouldn't recommend it for country driving. It also has sluggish acceleration to get on the freeway unless you remember to take it out of eco mode. Sorry I keep missing things in your diary. I should know better by now not to rely on the little notification bell to say that people have posted in their diaries. Hope you have a lovely weekend, and I'm so happy you are walking a lot and enjoying the lovely springtime!

Thanks, Llama, Marsia, Liza (& Bunny & Tru).
I had a wonderful weekend!
An old friend in Victoria had messaged me a few weeks ago asking if we wanted tickets to a show he knows we love as he has a friend who "was bringing the show down to Tassie". I had messaged him back saying thanks, but we already had tickets. On the drive down I messaged him that we were on the way & very excited about the show & he messaged me back with his friend's phone number, saying to get in touch with his friend & catch up. I messaged this guy & he gave me his name & said to come up to the stage after the show & he would take us backstage. When I looked his name up I saw that he is the actual producer of the show.
I swore G to secrecy, which is very difficult & I told R & his GF to come to our seats after the show & they got a huge surprise. We were the only ones that weren't the musicians or their families in the backstage room. We felt a bit uncomfortable at first as it was a friend of a friend situation, but we were made very welcome. I had a lovely chat with one of our favourite singers, RM, & it was so nice. G wandered around chatting to most of them. S, R's new GF is lovely & she was thrilled to bits as she got to meet someone who she is a little in awe of, who was there as a friend of one of the musos. Our younger friends ( A & M's son & DIL) said that I have set the bar high organising live music & asked what was next! They had a ball. The show was marvellous & going backstage afterwards was an absolute bonus. I was so excited that I had trouble sleeping.
Yesterday we went to the farmers' market & did our shopping, took it back to the car, then met with R & S & had breakfast with them at the market. G & I had Sri Lankan egg hoppers with Dahl curry & delicious coconut sambal. It was as nice as any we had in Sri Lanka.
We drove home, picking up some venison along the way that we had ordered, and then Archie. D & the 3 GK's came for Fathers' Day dinner & snooker. We bought a few things at the market to make it easier for dinner. The weekend was just about perfect!

Everything sounds so lovely! That's such a nice thing you got to talk with musicians you like, and that you had a nice visit with R and gf and nice food and farmer's market, too. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Sounds especially nice after so much staying home!

That does sound so fun! Haven't had that sort of exciting night that has kept me awake in sooooooo long!!! Lovely to hear you enjoy it so much Cate!
Thanks, Liza. Great live music does it for me, but it was the human interaction afterwards that was the icing on the cake. So good!
Richard Marx? ;)

Sounds brilliant Cate.
Haha, Em. It was Russell Morris. This is a clip of him from 1971(the year I met G)-
. Last time we saw him sing in 2017 I got a chance to tell him that his voice was as strong as ever & this time I told him again. He's a lovely man & we had a really good chat. It turns out we have mutual friends & experiences from decades ago & he dined at our restaurant in Melbourne.

I had another good night's sleep last night, but boy am I tired this morning. Maybe I have come down off my high from the show.
I had my annual health check with my doc yesterday & she thinks I'm doing well. I can have 5 visits to an allied health professional for free per year & I asked to see a nutritionist as I am struggling to lose weight. She suggested 2 visits to a nutritionist & 3 to a physiotherapist so that's what I'll do. I really like my new('ish) doctor & can have a bit of a laugh with her.

Back