Cate's Diary

Thanks, Liza. I would never talk to anyone else the way I have talked to myself recently. I am going to add something to my signature, right now :) I'm feeling really good today & very positive. Being without pain (only aches) sure helps!

I may just have overdone it today. I went into town & went for a walk with Arch around the river (about a 1/3 of the usual walk), did a little shopping, went to the library & had a leisurely couple of hours & a very healthy tuna salad & orange for lunch. I polished off another book (Almost French) & then decided I needed another walk. Yes- I overdid it. I had asked G to ring when he was about half an hour away & he did. Instead of waiting 10 minutes, I headed off & got much further than I had planned (2km), even with a few rests on my walking stick. I tired us both out. Hopefully tomorrow I will be ok. It was probably foolish. I have missed our walks.

I understand wanting to do more than your body can handle! Hopefully your knee won't hold it against you.

I may just have overdone it today. I went into town & went for a walk with Arch around the river (about a 1/3 of the usual walk), did a little shopping, went to the library & had a leisurely couple of hours & a very healthy tuna salad & orange for lunch. I polished off another book (Almost French) & then decided I needed another walk. Yes- I overdid it. I had asked G to ring when he was about half an hour away & he did. Instead of waiting 10 minutes, I headed off & got much further than I had planned (2km), even with a few rests on my walking stick. I tired us both out. Hopefully tomorrow I will be ok. It was probably foolish. I have missed our walks.

At least you ate well :)
Sounds like a great day otherwise

Thanks, Misty. I had a really good day yesterday & luckily am not sore this morning. I ache & am a bit stiff, but not in actual pain. I won't be walking much today. It has turned cold again! It's going to snow down to 500 metres this weekend & will get to -1 on Sunday morning. Brrr! We don't have a fire going at the moment & G got up on the roof the other day & covered up the chimney.

Thanks, Misty. I had a really good day yesterday & luckily am not sore this morning. I ache & am a bit stiff, but not in actual pain. I won't be walking much today. It has turned cold again! It's going to snow down to 500 metres this weekend & will get to -1 on Sunday morning. Brrr! We don't have a fire going at the moment & G got up on the roof the other day & covered up the chimney.

yeah that’s too cold - I break out my winter jacket for anything 1 degree or below. I hope you get the rest you need.

That's colder than what we had today! Glad to hear you weren't too sore but a rest day is probably a good idea anyway.

Yesterday I ended up going for a fairly good walk with Arch in the morning & a shorter one in the afternoon & got 5,479 steps, so I'm slowly building up my knee strength again (& my stamina). I feel so much better mentally for it.
I also did some more decluttering. I have an empty shelf on a bookshelf & have a lot of books to take to a book exchange (& lots to an op shop). I'm hoping to get some large print books instead or at least ones that don't have tiny print.
It is really chilly here this morning. I'm wrapped up in a rug, with a dog blanket on my legs on a cushion & then my laptop on a cushion on my lap, in my PJ's & dressing gown. It must look funny.
I think I'll get stuck into more tidying up today. M has really inspired me to do more decluttering. I keep looking around the house, wondering what I can get rid of. It would be good to get some enthusiasm back for selling. Edited- selling bits & pieces, not our house.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did so much tidying that I don't think I left the house. G helped our son, D, with some chainsawing at his place. He's getting it ready to sell. They then brought up D's old fridge as our spare died & an outside table that we gave him years ago. I now have it on our decking with plants on it. They'll get more sun & I'll be able to use it as a potting table.
The fridge cleaned up really well & is now stocked as a bar fridge. We usually keep spare food in it as we buy commercial-sized things like sambal oelek, crushed garlic etc & our poor kitchen fridge has been very squeazy. I had rearranged the garage & cleaned it out. It now looks incredibly spacious. I must visit the op shop soon & take a heap of stuff.
I'm not sure what I'll do today. It's very chilly (3°C?). Our sheep are being shorn at about 11 so I'll wait until after lunch to take Arch for a big walk. It will be a gloves & beanie day. I think Tru is sweltering up in Queensland while we're shivering. I know I would rather be cold though.
My knee feels pretty good again today.

Nice to hear you are getting lots done and that your knee is holding up ok.
All the tidying and decluttering sounds great--i love when spaces become more spacious and clear.

Hi, Liza, LaMa & Skurgeon. I really have done lots of decluttering & have my car loaded up to take it to the op shop :)
I didn't get a very long walk in as it started sleeping. It was such a cold night & there's snow on the mountains this morning. G is playing golf again today & I might take Arch into town, take him for a walk & drop off the stuff.
Edit: sleeting, not sleeping :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I didn't get a very long walk in as it started sleeping.
:rotflmao: Freudian typo?

Back