Cate's Diary

decluttering
Good for you, Cate! I have done of a lot of this lately myself. Not just more distant past but I find it's helpful to do a review every so often of anything that could build up over time and I'm not just talking about the material things.

Great to hear the knee is improving. Decluttering is hard work but so satisfying. Well done.
Thanks, Em.
:rotflmao: Freudian typo?
That is so funny, LaMa. I was feeling really tired & actually had a nap.
I always love that look of snowy mountains.

Sounds like a good plan--I hope you had a nice day!
I did thanks, Liza.
Good for you, Cate! I have done of a lot of this lately myself. Not just more distant past but I find it's helpful to do a review every so often of anything that could build up over time and I'm not just talking about the material things.
Thanks, Rob. It sure is an ongoing thing. I'll keep on working away at it. I know what you mean about decluttering other stuff too. We only want the things in our lives that are important to us.

Thanks, Em. I did have a good day. It was G's birthday & I gave him the choice of staying at home & having a quiet day or going out to lunch. He chose to stay at home. He's playing a lot of golf at the moment in annual tournaments (Mon & today) & we have things on every day until next Tuesday so it was nice to potter about at home.
Our son, D called in on his way home from work to wish his Dad happy birthday & ended up staying for tea.
I didn't have a great day yesterday, food-wise. We had some cake & ice cream, but it wasn't so bad I guess as we also ate 3 healthy meals with lots of veggies. I don't think I had any fruit though :svengo:Ouch!
I haven't weighed this week at all. I must do so tomorrow!
Yesterday I went for a 1.5km walk with Archie. I took a walking stick & for the rest of the day I had lower back pain on my left side. I think it makes me walk a bit twisted. It's a bit short but is the only stick I can sit on. I did 5,616 steps which is ok. My knee is getting stronger.
Today I will have a particularly healthy day. I won't have any wine. G will have had a couple of drinks after golf & is going out to play pool tonight so won't have a drink at home. I may go with him tonight as it's at the local golf club. I might go so I can pick up my clubs & buggy & bring them home. There's no point keeping them there. I can't see myself getting back into club comp. I think I will ask to suspend my membership for a year, just in case.

A shame about the too-short stick but great to hear your knee is getting stronger. Maybe a few exercises after getting home can help balance out your back muscles?

Happy Birthday to G :)
That sounds like a really nice day all round. Some cake and ice cream for a birthday treat sounds good to me--nice to not feel like one has to skip out on all the treats all the time!

I hope your back is feeling better.

Thanks, Floater, LaMa, Em & liza :grouphug:
I thought that taking G out to lunch just because it was his birthday was silly so gave him the choice.
I feel really out of sorts today & a little bit sick. Our neighbour has had an excavator driver/woodcutter up there "clearing a space for a shed" but he has been relentlessly pushing over & cutting up trees & burning the small branches piled up into heaps for what is the 9th day today. It has been a background noise every day & I have not been able to sit outside. Our neighbour said it would be a few days. I saw him yesterday & asked if he had any trees left to which he replied "they are only trees. They grow don't they?" He seems like a nice guy, but no wonder the world is in serious trouble.

Last night when we got home from pool (I went, Em) our house was enveloped by smoke & it seeped inside. I had asthma & had a rough night. This morning I feel awful & quite queasy. We are taking Arch to the vet for his annual check. vax etc but I am going to have a quiet day. I'll need a nap.
Food was not good yesterday. I ate some supper at pool. Ugh.

Oh God, all that smoke sounds really unpleasant. Is it any better today? It’s disappointing that your safe haven has been disturbed!

I saw him yesterday & asked if he had any trees left to which he replied "they are only trees. They grow don't they?"
Oh my heart breaks with you there Cate. I can't stand to see trees coming down with little concern. It's hard when a neighbor has really different ideas of what should be done with a place :(

Sorry to hear about all the smoke and noise too--sounds awful.

I get legitimately upset when I see trees cut down. Not if it's for forest/park tending reasons, like cutting down an old, sickly tree that's a danger in stormy weather. But just hacking them down left and right hurts my soul. (My ex used to joke that I'm a forest spirit in disguise.)

I'm sorry about the noise and the smoke, and I hope you'll get to rest and recover. Take care! <3

Ouch, that sucks about the asthma and the loss of trees. I do hope they're done now! It sucks but people can be nice and still not value things we value...
The logger has gone now. He was leaving as we arrived home, thank goodness. It is really disappointing, LaMa. I'm so glad that we have 50 acres & can provide a haven for birds & animals.
Oh God, all that smoke sounds really unpleasant. Is it any better today? It’s disappointing that your safe haven has been disturbed!
It rained the whole afternoon, Em so the fires were put out. I'm sure they'll start up again sometime though.
Oh my heart breaks with you there Cate. I can't stand to see trees coming down with little concern. It's hard when a neighbor has really different ideas of what should be done with a place :(
Sorry to hear about all the smoke and noise too--sounds awful.
Thanks, Liza. It really did make my heart break. The word apocalypse kept coming into my head. It's back to being silent again. There is a mountain of logs up there now so I would imagine there will be a lot of noise when they get cut up. It won't be as bad as hearing those trees crashing to the ground, but I'm not looking forward to it.
I get legitimately upset when I see trees cut down. Not if it's for forest/park tending reasons, like cutting down an old, sickly tree that's a danger in stormy weather. But just hacking them down left and right hurts my soul. (My ex used to joke that I'm a forest spirit in disguise.)
I'm sorry about the noise and the smoke, and I hope you'll get to rest and recover. Take care! <3
I feel the same. We have trees come down over our tracks which we cut up, but never do we wantonly cut down trees. I love our "bush" & the peace & quiet.

I feel much better today. It has changed my views about our neighbour a little, but I have to remind myself that he seems to be a kind, friendly person who loves his kids.

Archie's visit to the vet was a bit eventful. He's a stubborn little bugger & doesn't like anything done to his face in particular & as for taking pills! :svengo: The vet managed, but with great difficulty. He needs dental work, which I think I knew. His teeth were a bit brown when we got him. I have booked him in to have it done.

We have D & the kids tonight. I'm looking forward to that. On Sunday we head down to see R for his birthday & will be staying 2 nights.

Poor little Archibald, having to defend himself from the evil genius in the white coat :rotflmao:
Soumds like a lovely weekend coming up: enjoy!

Poor little Archibald, having to defend himself from the evil genius in the white coat :rotflmao:
Soumds like a lovely weekend coming up: enjoy!
🤣 I think he remembered the tick removal as he really was freaked out when we went there. I think vets do a bloody fantastic job.
We’re both so tired today. Tomorrow had better be a quiet day.

I woke up about 5am & couldn’t get back to sleep. Am feeling super tired! I hope I’m not sickening for something. I couldn’t think of anything to say in diaries this morning. I’ll come back later xo

Back