Weight-Loss CandyCanes!

Weight-Loss
I'm actually in Divinity School - it's like Seminary... which always causes some gasps when I tell people I drink... but alcohol doesn't have to be bad as long as its consumed in moderation!! =) Plus, I go to a fairly liberal school where we can do that sort of thing :p I mean, come on, when you are debating with classmates the eternal resting places of our souls (if we have them, if there is eternity, if we can know, if it even matters) - sometime it gets to be a little much and you could use a stiff drink!!! =)

okay.... I have to get at least three pages of this paper written before I can workout tonight... wish me luck!!!!

Just imagine what is like with a whole lot of gonna-be lawyers! :rolleyes:

Hope you were able to get your paper done so you could go to the gym. I am STILL working on that stuff for my evidence final. It is covering everything from the whole semester!

yuck! =) I'm not quite there yet... but hopefully by 9:30 I will be able to take a couple of hours off and go to the gym...

I need SERIOUS help watching my calories this week... for some reason the plan to "plan ahead" didn't work so well this weekend and i have a feeling that I am going to pay for it on the scale if i don't remedy my ways... for instance... right now I am eating a slice of the cake my roommate brought home... mmm... cake!

Katie, what are you trying to do? Tempt the rest of us? :p

I had a brownie earlier. I just couldn't resist. I think it is the stress. :(

Most of my fitness test results are in my diary but in 6 weeks I have lost 5% bodyfat :D

I don't know what is it is about about doing school work because for me it equivilates to eating a lot of junk. Comfort food I suppose. I fell off the wagon this weekend and had 2 french vanilla hot drink.s I've been feeling so bad ever since. Friday, I was completing an assignment and my husband dropped in from work and brought one. I couldn't let it go to waste. Then yesterday, when we were choosing a tree in the blistering cold I wanted a warm drink. I hope this doesn't turn into a bad habit....I did pilates and thigh workouts today plus I went for a brisk 20 min walk. I'm struggling with my water intake because to be honest I would rather drink something warm when it's so cold around me. Anyways, sounds like you chicks are doing well. I will try to be more involved it's just right now it's so hectic. I apologize sincerely.

Trusylver wonderful job on the body fat loss. Keep up the great work!!!!

That's what it is - it's comfort food and its cold and i want hot chocolate and cookies and to just curl up and do nothing... blast it! =) I wouldn't worry too much about two drinks... I fell off the wagon this weekend too... but you just have to pick yourself back up and get back on... we can do this hon!!!

Good job with the exercise - I too am struggling with the water intake - I'm trying to drink water with every meal and that has helped some, but it still isn't getting me there... I tend to want coffee instead, and coffee just serves to dry you out, so i'm sure that I'm not helping anything.

woo hoo!!! I made it to the gym tonight... and i'm planning on going the next two nights - need to get some work in before I head out of town for the holidays!!!!

Hey Canes,
How's it going? I'm having a great day! I'm productive with school work and doing well with both my eating and water intake.
Okay that's bragging enough before I fall off the wagon :p
How are you all doing??? Hope you're having a good one too!!!

Woo hoo! My evidence final is over! I won't know how I did on it though for at least a couple of weeks or maybe even a month. :eek: Now I have to start studying for domestic relations. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is still doing well. Great job on getting to the gym Katie!

I know exactly how you feel about having some stuff done!!! I just turned in a major paper and a revision of a second today... now all I have left is an essay, two exams and a 20 page paper... all before I leave town on Friday afternoon! :eek:

oh - and i'm doing well today as far as food goes too!!! I have girls night out - usually pizza and beer - but it's pretty healthy pizza... and i have saved up some calories for it tonight =) I need the break SO bad!!!

where are all of you lovely girls at?!

so I didn't get to the gym last night - but I also skipped pizza and beer night - all of us girls needed to study SO bad!!! so while i didn't burn any calories, I also didn't consume any extra ;)

Tomorrow will be one week done with this challenge.... let's weigh ourselves and pm the results so that we can see how we are doing?!

I don't know where everyone else is but I have been studying my butt off. Hey! I wish I could lose a few pounds like that! :D

Sorry you had to miss out on your girls' night. I completely understand how you feel. I had to miss out on my daughter's girl scout meeting last week, and I haven't been going anywhere except to take a test. :( I will be so glad when all of this is over. After next Monday, I will be free for a month!

Just checking in, the last couple of days have been hell with the pain of severe sunburn and only slightly better today. Unfortunately the pain stopped me going to the gym yesterday and this morning i have started of badly with my food. A steak an onion pie is not the perfect breakfast but hopefully thing will improve later in the day.

Busy, busy, busy, we're all so darn busy! I think it's great that we're multi-tasking right now. I remember those days of writing exams and papers around x-mas time. I would eat like crazy! I've got to hand it to you girls for sticking to your plan. Way to go candy canes!

Candice, I have slipped a few times this week, and I think Katie has too. (Cake the other day. :p ) I really think this challenge is helping to keep me on track though. :) I keep a bottle of water with me and just try to keep busy with the studying instead of thinking about eating. When I do have that uncontrollable need to snack because of the stress, I usually get carrots or pretzels.

Bronwyn, how did you get the sunburn? It must be nice there. I envy you. It is so cold here and they are calling for about 4 inches of snow tonight. And I have a stupid final tomorrow. I hope I can get there. Oh by the way, I have been meaning to tell you that I have a cousin going to school in Queensland.

Last edited:
Back