Before and after -125lbs... from 300lbs - > 175lbs.

Good luck man,

Maybe you can be a player and not a goalie. Much easier on your hips.

well, we shall see what the doc says, She says my hips look like someones who are 50 + years old... and I should not go back to playing goalie.. well see I get to talk to her next thursday about post surgery.

I'm sorry to hear about you not going back to being goalie. I'm sure that's really hard to hear. I pray for a speedy recovery as well.

At the very least you have a wonderful support system from your family and girlfriend. You are special. :) I truly beleive that you can overcome ANYTHING!!! ....it's just a "belief system". Don't buy into it!...give it time. See how you feel.

I'm sorry to hear about you not going back to being goalie. I'm sure that's really hard to hear. I pray for a speedy recovery as well.

At the very least you have a wonderful support system from your family and girlfriend. You are special. :) I truly beleive that you can overcome ANYTHING!!! ....it's just a "belief system". Don't buy into it!...give it time. See how you feel.

thanks Alta, its really hard I barely have the courage to type it in here on this forum its so depressing... Im 23 and chances are I will never play goalie again, its such a confusing feeling.... Im not sure what to do its terrible at such a young age to have to give up the thing you love most :(... I having such a hard time dealing with everything :(.

thanks Alta, its really hard I barely have the courage to type it in here on this forum its so depressing... Im 23 and chances are I will never play goalie again, its such a confusing feeling.... Im not sure what to do its terrible at such a young age to have to give up the thing you love most :(... I having such a hard time dealing with everything :(.
Aww buddy. I'm sorry. But like I said...it's a BELIEF SYSTEM from the doctor. It doesn't have to be your belief system. I completely understand that doctors have our best interests in their hearts....BUT the reality is...that SO MANY TIMES....

...they tell us and impose on us their beliefs about how WE can recover. What WE can handle. What OUR future will be like.

...When they told me I had a CANCER, I said : FUCK THAT! ...I make my life...NOT YOU!...I'm changing that belief. It worked. I'm cancer free now!

...Listen to yourself..."I'm 23!"...you said!...Damn right you are!!...And you have youth on your bones side...and you have POWER OF MIND..on your side. You have seen and witnessed for yourself the power of your mind..and how when you focus on the positives you can make ANYTHING happen.

..we have all literally seen you transform on here! ...From what I know about you....the little thing someone tells you that you will not be able to do anymore...is what's going to INSPIRE you!!!..

...Look at LANCE ARMSTRONG. Brain CANCER. Tour de France Champion. Cancer overcome. DONE!...Did he buy into that Belief system?! NO!...should you!? NO!!!

...only you will know and your body will know. You can definitely take the doctors advise as to how you are "right now"...but I wouldn't take it for MY FUTURE!! ....miracles happen. Day in and day out. You are one of them!!! Know that! BELIEVE THAT!...and watch it happen!!! Stay positive okay!...Buy your own dream. Not theirs!...step by step. Recover and make it happen!....realize that for some reason...today, you are in the Perfect Place at the perfect time for you and your goals. There is a higher plan unmasking itself slowly here. Almost always...it's something greater!!

Last edited:
Exercise routine questions!

Hi! :waving:

Well, first off, I have to agree with everyone: great transformation! Also very inspiring!!

I have questions for you! I see you are very active, and I was wondering: If you play hockey and work out on the same day, what do you do not to feel tired? At what times of the day do you do each? From what I understand, you used to run mornings and evenings: did you find it hard to find motivation to run in the evening? At first, when you were bigger, did you exercise a few times a week to work up to what you are doing now? Do you take a day off?

I am asking because I have started going to the gym 3x a week and am looking to add things like another slot at the gym, pilates, and maybe cardio tai-bo... (since they are free classes, included in my gym membership..)

Hi! :waving:

Well, first off, I have to agree with everyone: great transformation! Also very inspiring!!

I have questions for you! I see you are very active, and I was wondering: If you play hockey and work out on the same day,

Yes I did, you have to keep in mind I play goalie so it was not as much cardio as something like a regular forward / d would normally do. But it was better for my quads/calfs..... but yes for the most part I did both on some days it really depends. I also worked full time and went to school it was rough not going to lie!

what do you do not to feel tired? At what times of the day do you do each? From what I understand, you used to run mornings and evenings: did you find it hard to find motivation to run in the evening? At first, when you were bigger, did you exercise a few times a week to work up to what you are doing now? Do you take a day off?

I was unable to run when I was around 250-300ish I lost my initial weight using a eliptical I still to this day tell anyone who is not in great shape looking to lose weight to use a eliptical at first they are very easy to use and anyone can pace themselves easily and not get bored.... unfortunately for most tredmills are not very fun haha! around the 240-250ish range I mixed tredmill with elliptical. I always recommend elliptical over running for the most part. I feel in my experience running is better but is not the best for your joints :(

but in general I worked out 6 days a week, this was working around pratice / games.. but it would depend on when I had games practices etc etc.. but generally it was 6 days a week.

I am asking because I have started going to the gym 3x a week and am looking to add things like another slot at the gym, pilates, and maybe cardio tai-bo... (since they are free classes, included in my gym membership..)

why not!?!?!? Try something new, I have talked to people who have lost weight from playing DDR.....

good luck!

Awesome, thanks!

Just noticed the posts about your injury though :( I really really hope the positive attitude you seem to have gained in the past months helps you through it. I have a feeling things will work out one way or another.

Awesome, thanks!

Just noticed the posts about your injury though :( I really really hope the positive attitude you seem to have gained in the past months helps you through it. I have a feeling things will work out one way or another.

I really wish that was the case, this is my last year of pitt, no hockey for this guy...

I can play adult league about once - twice a week pushing it at the most :(.

I mean in life in general :) I know hockey was a huge part of your life... probably even defined you in some ways..

That's the damn thing about passion. When we are so passionate in something, it can darn well near kill us to lose it. Hopefully it just means you will have some free time to discover passion #2 :)

I havent updated this for a very long time...

my surgery was a success on my left hip. Unfortunately the doctor gave me the bad news that she scraped so much off of my femeral head that she would not suggest me playing competitive hockey ever again.... not the news I wanted to hear but, if I continue to play by the time I am in my late 20s maybe early 30s i will be facing possibly hip replacements. I did 3 months of physical therapy. I was the only person under the age of 40.. honestly it was god awful going from being able to do very much to very little was really hard.

I had my 60 day checkup with my doctor. She told me I could most likely play 1-2x a week but no college hockey.

Over the past few weeks I have been doing nothing but upper body workouts for the most part. I cant sit around and complain about life being unfair to not be able to play hockey. I am still fortunate enough to be this weight. I have never had any upper body strength. Its been fun going to the gym 6x a week again. Ill post some progress in the next month or so. Im going for a overall bulk... one day for should,chest,back.... 2 for arms and one for legs. I still mix in 20-30 mins of cardio on these days as I still feel cardio is the most important.

I have been studying for a few computer certifications in the summer. I take my next cisco cert next wed wish me luck. Hopefully I will have one more year of school left to my BA!

some updated pics..

My first day back on the ice my friends aaron and I

My gf was nice enough to throw me a surprise bd party!!

we had a wing eat off competition at work of course I did not place very high in this haha!

and mahh skull cap!

I also bought another project car what am i thinking.

Wow,
I read just about everything here. Your weight loss is impressive. A couple years ago, you mentioned that, originally, you ate about 1500 cal per day, mostly chicken & veges. Do you still have to do that to maintain your present weight, or is there anything you have to do to keep fit-n-trim?

I go back to this page here and there especially for nostalgia. I cant believe how much has changed over the past 9 years. It has been absolutely incredible. Looks like the pictures used to be on photobucket(wow lots has changed!) so they will no longer render and I cannot edit the first page.

s5030054.jpgimg061.jpgimg064.jpgdanonLT06.jpg

I read through every single comment. I also find so much of this crazy. Dieting has changed so much, I have changed so much things that were once a priority for me like hockey have been moved to the back burner but I have not given up my quest for fitness. I have kept the weight off over the years. In 2012 my what was girlfriend accepted the ultimate proposal and said yes to marriage :D.

411310_10151830353720005_1406568742_o.jpg

What an amazing time. I would have never met her, I would have never of had the life I had without the support of this forum. I really think a lot of the success I have had in my life both personally and professionally are all related to diet and exercise. This is mentally tough more than this is physically tough. For anyone reading this do not give up. If you can accomplish this you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

Fast forward to 2016 my wife and I had our first child Demetria named after my wifes father(Demitrios). He is one of the greatest guys I have the pleasure to know and call my father.

46522739_10160960605340005_2730102528707395584_n.jpg
38923091_10160571083310005_3578182725116362752_n.jpg

I decided in later in 2016 to join a great company that would require me to work even harder. I still kept the same exact workout regime. I think somewhere in this time my wife and I lost a big of our fitness goals after Demetria was born it was hard as first time parents as we did not know exactly what to expect. So eating right and exercise were extremely difficult.

lol my god I think I ate too many gyros this night at my daughters baptism...
20507613_10100236059877616_2838254040852654161_o.jpg

Coming back from Greece that year I knew something had to change. Like most millenials out there I do the youtube social media thing etc. I found a video of Terry Crews talking about his eating regime where he would eat only between 11am - > 7pm everyday. I thought about it for a while and thought well that would probably workout really well.

Doing more research I found intermittent fasting and it has by far extremely changed my life. In the picture above I was close to 210lbs or so? I started the basic IF diet on maybe 2500 calories a day with the 11-7. I think my wife was so frustrated with me not eating breakfast or after 7pm she decided to do the same diet. I guess if you cannot beat them join them. She ended up losing close to 30lbs or so she weighed less than what she weighed during our wedding it was incredible.

But anyways, at 2500 calories started I was actually able to start eating between 1-5 everyday and increase my calories to 3000 while working out it was pretty weird as I thought this sort of thing would never work but it worked better than I expected.

December of 2016

Screenshot_20190202-004451.png

January of 2017

Screenshot_20190202-004511.png

March 2017
Screenshot_20190202-004532.png

It was incredible. I am still sort of in awe that this actually works.

I returned to Greece this year being able to bench press a full 325lbs, squat 375 and deadlift 495lbs all at the weight of 168lbs it was incredible.

37806702_10160507565910005_581459870897668096_o.jpg
38055879_10160515113375005_594104327631536128_o.jpg

So why am I going on a rant close to 9 years later on a weightloss forum? This forum had a major affect on my life especially the support I have received from everyone on these 20+ posts. I hope to come back here in a few years and go for similar results! Thanks everyone!

Back