two day workout routine

Hi. Right now I'm trying to focus on a mass gaining program, but it seems almost imposible since all I have are 2 days free in a week. The other problem is that the two days are only one day apart (tues and thurs). I tried searching online for some answers but I came out even more confused. Most people seem to be telling me that I can't do this since recovery time isn't adequate and you always need at least a 3 day program. I'm really sick of getting no answers and people making working out so complicated :confused:. I'm hoping someone get give me some type of plan I can follow, excerises I can use, anything! I really want to start working out again and gaining mass and I just cant beleive that its imposible with a 2 day routine. hope someone can help thnx :)

2 days is fine i don't know how quickly your going to build but you are going to be able to doit fine don't worrie.if you follow a workout schedule all you need to do is prpper sleep eat healthy and your 2 a weeks should be fine as long as you hit the weight when you are woking out. so do soemthing like this its called a push-pull workout

tues-PUSH
Chest,Shoulders,Tris

Thurs-PULL
Back,Bi,and incorporate legs someone on this day

as long as your doing cardio, eating right, and matining this workout you will be fine

GOODLUCK

I would suggest 2 FBW (Full Body Workouts) a week would much more beneficial. Something like:
workout 1: squat, bench press, deadlift
workout 2: squat, military press, bent row

Do 5x5 for maximum mass building, except maybe try 2x12 on squats the first day. And if you have the energy after doing those routines, a couple of sets of 12 on curls and triceps extensions if you feel like it.

and if you can, but not mandatory, do something like this on Sat or Sun if you have the time but can't get to the gym:
handstand pushup - max
regualr pushup - 20
pullup - 12
situps - 100
20 minute run

I would suggest 2 FBW (Full Body Workouts) a week would much more beneficial. Something like:

Do 5x5 for maximum mass building, except maybe try 2x12 on squats the first day. And if you have the energy after doing those routines, a couple of sets of 12 on curls and triceps extensions if you feel like it.

and if you can, but not mandatory, do something like this on Sat or Sun if you have the time but can't get to the gym:
handstand pushup - max
regualr pushup - 20
pullup - 12
situps - 100
20 minute run

Nice post, and great suggestions..... :)

yeah, to really pack on muscle, you need to hit with intensity and enough frequency. a push/pull once a week isn't enough really IMO.

I'd go for two full body workouts too.

Question: why can't you do any kind of workout the other 5 days a week? are you making excuses not to go, or can you truly/honestly say to yourself "I can only go twice a week"?

I made excuses too. "its too late...I ate too much...i'm too tired"...so now I get up at 6am and get my cardio done before I eat breakfast or go to work. If i fail to go in the evening, at least I got 30 mins done in the morning.

handstand pushup - max
regualr pushup - 20
pullup - 12
situps - 100
20 minute run

not to go back on what your saying but your saying work legs actaully the same exercise 2 days in a row, bench and militarty which bench is chest and shoulders and military is also working shoulders,and deadlift and bent row which are working same thing also. he needs teh body to rest while the others are working, it would be great if he had more time to work out but with only 2 days you need to get more in to play.

not to go back on what your saying but your saying work legs actaully the same exercise 2 days in a row, bench and militarty which bench is chest and shoulders and military is also working shoulders,and deadlift and bent row which are working same thing also. he needs teh body to rest while the others are working, it would be great if he had more time to work out but with only 2 days you need to get more in to play.

He is resting 48 hours between Tuesday and Thursday, which is plenty of rest, especially considering he is then going to rest 5 days between Thursday and the following Tuesday. Except for those who are exceptionally genetically gifted or on juice, body part splits where you only work each body part once a week are very ineffective routines. For the average person, a FBW 2 or 3 times a week is more effective.

body part splits where you only work each body part once a week are very ineffective routines. For the average person, a FBW 2 or 3 times a week is more effective.

I dunno about that. I work one body part a session only once a week and have seen terrific gains (ex. triceps on mon evenings and biceps tue evenings). It's all about how it's laid out and your diet.

i have also seen great gains from seperating body parts but for everyone it is different. you just have to find what works for you then go with it

yeah, to really pack on muscle, you need to hit with intensity and enough frequency. a push/pull once a week isn't enough really IMO.

I'd go for two full body workouts too.

Question: why can't you do any kind of workout the other 5 days a week? are you making excuses not to go, or can you truly/honestly say to yourself "I can only go twice a week"?

I made excuses too. "its too late...I ate too much...i'm too tired"...so now I get up at 6am and get my cardio done before I eat breakfast or go to work. If i fail to go in the evening, at least I got 30 mins done in the morning.
Well the reason is because of school, I only have free uninterrupted time during only those two days and I commute back and forth so it takes up another chunk of my time. I wish it was just about me being lazy but thts not the case.

2 days is fine i don't know how quickly your going to build but you are going to be able to doit fine don't worrie.if you follow a workout schedule all you need to do is prpper sleep eat healthy and your 2 a weeks should be fine as long as you hit the weight when you are woking out. so do soemthing like this its called a push-pull workout

tues-PUSH
Chest,Shoulders,Tris

Thurs-PULL
Back,Bi,and incorporate legs someone on this day

as long as your doing cardio, eating right, and matining this workout you will be fine

GOODLUCK

Thanks for the suggestion I would try the push-pull but since most people suggested the whole body routine I'll try that for now.

handstand pushup - max
regualr pushup - 20
pullup - 12
situps - 100
20 minute run

This program seems like something I can defeintly do and it has all the 'big' workouts so thts good, and I'll probably add the curls and extensions since I want to also work on my arms. I'm going to try giving this type of workout a try and check for some gains as I progress, maybe seperate body workouts could be more helpful, but for now I'll stick with this.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I really appreciate it. At least now I have some answers :)

good luck with your workout and let us know with some progess in a few weeks

Back