Cohen's Lifestyle BabyFatNoMore's Weight Loss Journal

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle

BabyFatNoMore

Hello... this my fourth day on Cohen's and my first day on the forum. I'm so glad to find others going through the same struggles-- and the same joys-- as me.

I'm 31 (32 next month)... 5'6" and currently 189 pounds. My Cohen recommended weight is 130-136. Honestly, I'd be thrilled with 145, but I'll shoot for the lower weight and see how I look and feel.

I'm loving this diet/lifestyle so far! I've tried so many diets in the past, and I always felt crappy the first couple of days... not so with this one. Yeah, I had a bit of a headache and a little dizziness, but nothing compared to the others. I haven't even been irritable. If you knew me, you'd know that's a big deal. :) I've finally found the right plan for me and I couldn't be happier. This is going to work... I know it will. I won't accept anything less!

I haven't been able to resist weighing daily. As of this morning (72 hours on the diet), I had lost 6.4 pounds. Yes, it was probably water and no, I won't be able to maintain that kind of loss, but it motivated me all the same. It really helped me get over the temptations of the first couple of days. I need that momentum right now. I gotta stop weighing so often, though, cause I know I'll get discouraged the first time the scale stops moving or, worse, goes up.

Anyway, gotta run... kids should've been in bed long ago, so gotta deal with that. We can do this!!!

Just trying to figure this signature thingy out...

Hi BabyFatNoMore

Welcome and congrats on your weight loss so far.
I am serial weigher, every day maybe twice (can't help myself) It has never gone up (and it shouldnt )but there were times where it just didnt budge at all...grrrrr. Week 2 or 3 I plateaued big time but the following week I had a huge loss so it all balances out. Weighing every day keeps me on track and motivates me..love seeing the line move..hehe

Good luck, it really is the best diet ever!

Annie Lusion

Hi Annie,

Congrats on your progress so far! You should be so proud. Good to know I'm not the only scale addict... also good to know yours hasn't gone up. I've been afraid of "normal" fluctuations... they could totally derail me.

I'm hungry. :( I've been doing well with that so far, but I goofed today. Made myself some mushrooms and tomatoes with a fried egg on top. Was aiming for runny yolk, but ended up runny period. Totally disgusting. Of course, I had already taken a couple of bites before I figured this out, so then I didn't know what to do... try to figure out how much I'd eaten and make something else? Not worry about the bites and start over? I was so afraid of eating too much that I just scrapped it all... another hour and a half to go and then I can eat again. For the first time since I started this, I'm feeling weak and crabby. MUST EAT SOON!!!

Hi BabyFatNoMore - welcome aboard. Congratulations on your loss so far...that's wonderful. You're doing so well. I'm a weekly weigher but sometimes just on at another time during the week. I thought about weighing daily but that only entered my mind for a split second, as, like you said, i'd be devistated if i saw something i didn't like, and i know that would send me off the rails, but weekly weighing works out perfectly for me.

You'll find that you're weightloss varies over the month. For me, the first week is a good loss, then the middle two weeks are just over 1kg, and then the last week is another good loss, so it all averages out over the entire month, which is why they recommend only weighing monthly.....how anyone can do that, i don't know....lol.

As for your runny egg sage this morning, I'm assuming that the eggwhite wasn't cooked properly??? If that is the case, then you could have just chucked it in the microwave for a few seconds, or if you don't have one, just put it in the oven for a few minutes until it set....just a little tip from a 'foodie' here...lol.

Keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time...Good luck.

Ah... the microwave-- why didn't I think of that???? And to think, I starved myself for nothing. Thanks for the tip... I'll keep that in mind. I confess, prior to this, I've never been much of a breakfast person, so I've never learned to make a proper breakfast! Learning as I go, though...

Congrats on your loss so far. You're doing great. All of you ladies here are soooo amazing. Good luck on your last 45... you'll be there in no time at all.

Day 6 and I'm feeling really good about this plan. I'm finally starting to get over my caffeine withdrawal headaches. I am sometimes hungry, but it's bearable. The food choices allow for some pretty tasty meals. What could be better???? I do miss adding cheese to everything-- chicken, beef, eggs-- but that's okay. I'm learning to really appreciate the bit of cheese I'm allowed!

One lesson I learned early on is that I have to be careful with my veggie choices. Since it's all weight-based, veggie choices are making a big difference. For example, the first day or two I was using lettuce as my main veggie choice. It's so light that I had to force myself to eat it all! Then, one day I decided to try the stuffed mushrooms (as my entire veg and cheese allowance). It was tasty, but I was still hungry. I'm finally learning that I need a balance of light veggies and dense, heavier ones. I'm getting there!

I'm so happy to report that I haven't deviated at all! I realize this is my first week, but I've always been a "oh, one bite won't hurt" kinda girl. I'm feeling strong!!!

It's helping so much that hubby is being so supportive. He hasn't always approved of my diets in the past, but he's 100% behind me this time. He normally thinks my diets are fads, wacky, unhealthy, etc., but he likes the concept of the blood tests. Anyway, his support and encouragement really help. And he's so proud! I can't wait to see his response when I hit the big-time weight loss. He probably feels like he's getting his bride back.... :)

Anybody else thinking about food ALL THE TIME??? Seriously, I'm spending so much time wondering, "What am I going to eat for breakfast?" "How am I going to see a movie w/out Dr. Pepper and candy?" "What can I do w/ asparagus?" I wake up thinking about it, I go to sleep thinking about it, I'm surprised I'm not dreaming of food! I assume this will pass as my body (and mind) adjusts to the smaller portions and restrictions. Another thing... crackers! I've never been much of a cracker eater, but now I'm loving 'em. I can't believe how yummy they taste w/ chicken, mushrooms, and onions poured on top. So good...

Hi Misty, Just read your diary. Good on you for starting it. I haven't had much of a chance to have a good look around in the forum lately. Don't worry about the thinking of food constantly. I do too. It does really help on this program to think & plan your meals ahead. While I'm cooking tonight's meal I'm planning the next couple.
I look forward to reading your diary. It does help you to focus & saves us all boring our friends & family (as much anyway!) xo Cate

Still going well. I had a huge test today-- took the kids to the movies. I normally have a large Dr. Pepper and either nachos or Reeses, sometimes both. Today I had a large cup of ice! Luckily, the kids had Skittles. If they had eaten chocolate, I might have caved, but no way on earth would I deviate for a Skittles!!!

I think the ole tummy might be shrinking. I'm actually feeling very full after meals, sometimes even stuffed. I've noticed this is especially true after a meat meal. I'm thinking I'll start having meat at lunch so I don't feel so heavy at bedtime.

Kids... they're wonders on the self esteem. My 7 year old told me, "I'm so happy you're eating healthy and losing weight." My 6 year old says, "Yes, but I don't want you to have a small tummy and big breasts!" Actually, she brings up a good point. (Warning: TMI coming) Before kids (and fertility treatments) I had small, perky B cups. Very nice, if I do say so myself. During my 1st pregnancy and breastfeeding, they actually became an H!!! I almost died. Now, they're an E or DDD and they sag... What's going to happen when I lose my 60 pounds? Will they become flat.... flat and saggy? Will I have pancake breasts?! Oh, the horror.... I guess that's better than being overweight with big breasts. I'm beginning to sense a boob job in my future...

Cate, good to know I'm not the only one obsessed with food!!!

I am sooooo stressed out. Someone somehow got ahold of our debit card number and wiped out our account. This is stress of the "eat a half gallon of chocolate ice cream and save room for pie" variety. Never realized how much I turn to food in times of crisis, but I sure could use some candy right now... or a bag of Doritors with bean dip.... or...... or. Talk about a test of the ole willpower! Wish me luck... I sooo hope we can recover this money. Now I feel guilty about the $250 I spent on this diet. We sure could use that right about now... Oh well, if it had been in the account, the thief probably would have gotten that too. Seems it's always something... <Sigh>

:eek: OMG. Babyfatnomore. How dreadful for you. Good work for not resorting to old habits and at least recognising what your motives for eating were in the past. Is there any way of recovering the money. I hope the bank and police are able to assist you. good luck with it all.
Lauren

Thanks, Lonnie. What a day. Just finished filing a report with the bank and another one with the police. Can you believe someone used hubby's bank card to order a college course??? That just strikes me as incredibly dumb. I'm thinking that just might be what the police need to find this thief. As they say, no such thing as a perfect crime.

Other than that (but isn't that enough?), things are going well. Still no deviations. I'm taking it one meal at a time, one craving at a time, but I feel so strong every time I resist the urge to nibble. Seeing how proud my husband is really helps, too. Seems like the pounds I've lost so far are coming out of the face and waist. Hubby brought out our wedding picture to show me that my face is looking like that again! I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm definitely not looking so bloated in the face. Funny, I didn't even realize I looked bloated until I lost a couple of pounds.

way to go BFNM on your one meal at a time, one craving at a time. That's definitely the weay to go.. or as Chelsea from here says.. the only way toeat an elephant is one bite at a time. That analogy has certainly helped me prioritise what I put in my mouth.

Hope all gets sorted with the bank. Some people are the scum of the earth!

Can someone tell me how many kilo's to a pound please? I'm hopeless at imperial.

Thanks, IChooseLife, I like the elephant analogy. It definitely fits. I'll have to remember it.

I think there are 2.2 pounds to a kilo. I prefer the pounds-- sounds like more weight! Congrats on your weight loss so far... you're doing great!

So does that mean I've lost about 28 pounds? WOW that does sound so much better.. but then having to lose 132 pounds sounds very daunting. I actually downloaded a picture of an elephant and divided it into 60 chunks.. representing a kilo I have to lose. That helps keep things in perspective too .. for me. xxoo

Grrrr... the bank said they would replace the lost money as soon as we filed a police report, but we're still in the negative. Such a bad feeling knowing someone, somewhere had access to our card numbers-- and used them. Feels like such a violation. And it's not like they were doing it for survival (that I could almost understand). No, they were ordering pills from an online pharmacy, online classes, cell phones, etc. Hardly a matter of life or death. Oh well, no point dwelling on it now. What's done is done. At least the bank is going to eventually replace it. Thank God for identity theft protection.

IChooseLife, way to go with your 28 POUNDS!!! Awesome. Crossing my fingers I'll be one of those who lose 20 pounds the first month. My birthday is next month, and I'd love to be 20 pounds lighter than when I started.

Hi BFNM,
You are doing so great , you are losing a pound a day! How cool is that. You have a great attitude about it and so strong considering what recently happened, something like that would definetely have drawn me to my comfort (junk) food.
Glad that you will be getting money back.
Have a great day.
Annie Lusion

Back