BA ...Bingers Anonymous

This is not hunger, it's an eating disorder. I used to be bulimic. When I got married I had to stop throwing up because my husband would hear me. I was still binging, just not purging, and that's how I gained so much weight. Now I rarely binge, although I still eat too much. There is a difference. My last binge was a few weeks ago when my husband bought a loaf of italian bread. Bad Bad Carol.

I can relate to binging out of perfectionism. Before I started a successful plan (I dislike the word 'diet'), I struggled with it for a long, long time.

I tried to restrict basically everything, and was left with food that I never consumed, and always hated. Everyday I would try to go on that stupid diet, telling myself: 'Today is the day'.

But at any failure, no matter how small it was (Could have been a few squares of chocolate, or a glass of soda), I felt like I had failed, and would just drop everything, and eat all I could for the rest of the day.

Then, I would tell myself: 'I'll start tomorrow', but that 'tomorrow' never came, as the same repeated everyday. I would skip entire days just because I didn't eat properly the previous day.

And that process continued for weeks, months, and years.

By August of 2011 I weighed at around 70 Kg, and, by August of 2013, I weighed around 102 - 103 Kg.

It can be a very, very destructive spiral to hell.

I think, acknowledging failure can lead to personal growth, but DON'T let it dominate you - It's only downwards from there.

Last edited:
Oh for sure, the classic binge.

Hello everyone, I am also a binger. I've been sucked into the whole "tomorrow starts my diet" so let me eat everything I can get a hold of, starting with any snack in the house, then ordering delivery at 8 pm, then eating dessert at 10 pm, then ordering delivery again at 1 am and finally falling asleep with more snacks on my night table. But that's all okay, because tomorrow I'm starting my diet. WRONG. That tomorrow doesn't come soon, it comes when you're disgusted with yourself and it might never come to some. And you will gain 10-15 KGs doing this in such a short time, and makes you wonder if only I didn't say tomorrow I will diet and just the food I love but normally.

So learn from my mistake, never start a diet tomorrow, start a diet right now. Even if one week into it, you feel that you need a piece of cake, dont think that your diet is ruined because of it, you are well into your calorie intake anyways, so don't binge that day because of that piece of cake. Same for a McDonalds meal that you've missed for a month, eat it, work out harder that day and the calories will balance themselves out.

I've been a sucker way too many times for this and I'm hoping the diet I'm currently on will be my life changer.

Back