BA ...Bingers Anonymous

Hey, Im Tk, and I binge all the time. I really dont know what to do about it and I feel kinda outta control. I used to go to the gym all the time, and I lost 20 kilos, but I'm kinda struggling now, as I cant go to the gym for a month coz Im kinda broke. Any help anyone? I just dunno how to cope. Thankyou so much :)

I'm Sheena and I'm a binger.

I don't purge, but I eat like hell. I used to have really bad binging habits. When I come home from school, I eat half the rice in the cooker (which is family sized) and when it's around 10:00pm, I sneak in more rice and sleep. During those binges, my stomach would really stretch and you can really see the difference between the pre-binge and post-binge comparisons. Because of that, consuming even a small amount of food would stretch out my stomach.

I've managed to get those big binges under control now, but I still binge. I would do well on my diet from Monday-Friday but binge throughout the weekend. My last semi-binge was today at dinner.

It's been a long time since I've posted on this site but I needed a release because I got really depressed because of the binging. I already ate and felt guilty but I STILL reached for that bar of chocolate in the end. I was telling myself to stop eating it while putting it in my mouth. I said, it's just a small piece, but for once, I want to be able to say no to that once small piece.

So yeah. I'm Sheena and it's been 5 hours since my last binge. I hope I don't binge tomorrow.

I've decided to cut snacking as well.

Last edited:
Hello Members of BA! I am looking for a good support group who copes with this similiar problem. My usual diet is VERY routine, very healthy. However, when i binge-i BINGE. I've been doing this for a number of years and I can't seem to have a healthy relationship with food. Hope to hear any feedback!

I am a binge eater as well. Trying to keep it under control. My hardest part is in the evenings because I am lounging and relaxing, and bored. It makes me comfortable. My worst time is when I have PMS. It is like I am pregnant all over again and I have crazy cravings that I cannot control. I am out of control at times. Thanks everyone for all their honesty. I look forward to continuing to support one another.

I binged today - it's not something I do often because I keep a very minimum amount of pre-cooked food at home. Everytime I eat normally, I have to invest atleast 30minutes into cooking - pretty much the only readily-available go-to food I have at home are apples. Lots and lots of apples. I also only keep a credit card and try not to keep cash at home either to avoid being able to buy stuff from the cash-only 24-hr deli downstairs.

But yesterday, we cooked a turkey for Thanksgiving (early, I know). There is still left-over turkey in the fridge and I don't want it now but I couldn't stop eating earlier this evening. Here's what I ate today:

2 potatoes - 400 cal + butter + milk = 500 cal

2 apples - 200 cal

2 cups of hot cocoa - 130 (milk) + 20 (cocoa) = 300 cal

lots of left over turkey - 1300 cal (estimate)

2 pieces of bread - 300 cal

black beans - 300 cal

spagetti - 400 cal

So today - I ate 3400 calories or more. Yesterday, I ate that much as well. I've over eaten by a whole day atleast by this point. Currently, I have butter in my fridge. I have to get rid of it tomorrow - even if that means throwing it out, which makes me very sad because it's wasting food but it is the right thing to do. I should also throw out the turkey. I am out of canned spinach, so I have to buy some of that stuff. I am determined to lose 15lbs and get to 125lbs in the next 3mo - will move by the end of November so I'm living >5miles away from work. Biking 10miles a day will get the weight-loss job done, no problem.

The goal is to pay attention to what and how you are eating. And it is really difficult to pay attention to your food while your mind is far away in the television or in a funny cat video. The television will be there when you are done and so will the internet. They are not going anywhere. And if you pay attention to what you are eating, you will eat less of it..... so on ! and stop drinking your calories, Artificially Sweetened Drinks are never thirst satisfying and are often seen as a punishment. The thought is something like you really want a soda, but since I am on this awful diet at least I can have a diet soda. Don’t do it. Just drink WATER...

I'm so glad someone created this thread. I binge all the time, especially on sweets. I feel disgusting after the binge, but while I'm eating, I just can't stop. Everything tastes so good! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to control this desire, especially when the house is filled with wonderful holiday sweets?:p

The best advice that I can give is to not become overly restrictive. From what clients of mine have said, it sounds like those that try to be the most strict tend to do the "worst" over the holidays. If you go into each dinner or gathering with the knowledge that you will have a few sweets or other not so ideal foods, but set a limit, you'll probably be much better of than if you try to stay away from them completely. The more you say to yourself, "I'm not allowing myself to have any of _____," the more likely you are to not stop thinking about it all night until you binge.

Set yourself a limit and try to balance things out by making mostly healthy choices, but allowing room for some goodies as well. Some people go by the 80/20 rule... follow your plan 80% of the time, allow 20% of freedom. Some days that 20% will just end up being healthy choices anyway, but it's good to let yourself have the guilt-free freedom to have some of those things that you enjoy, but aren't that great for you.

One tip if you are taking food to someone else's house is to take healthy food. That way if there's nothing healthy there, at least you can eat what you've brought with you (like a veggie tray, for example) and have a few tastes of the other stuff.

Try cutting ALL sugar and flour out of your diet for a month. Eat anything else you like. Seriously.

First, I guarantee you'll feel better than you have ever felt in your life.

Second, I think it will be nearly impossible to binge after that because the things you binge on won't sit in your stomach very well after a month away from them. In short, you'll yak before you can shovel too much junk into your system.

I havent had a binge since the 27th December. I'm feeling pretty good about that.

When I am good - I can be very good. When I slip up - I am a terrible example.

I still havent binged since Thursday 27th December.

I've had days when my calories have gone over on the calorie balance - but it certainly hasnt been a binge. It has been much more controlled than that.

It's Monday, May 6th, 2013 and I haven't binged for 18 hours. I guess it's a start, though, right? Those of you that haven't binged for months, I'm impressed, it's inspirational :)

I still havent binged since 27th December.

That is not to say that I have had nothing a bit naughty since then... I ate out on Saturday lunchtime with friends and had a few french fries (we call them chips) from my husband's plate - then I had a piece of bakewell tart for dessert. Later on we went to their house for the rest of the day and I had what I was given which was sandwiches and there were crisps... The thing is that I didnt eat more than our friends (who have never had a weight problem) did...

While such eating is not diet friendly - it is not a binge...

Some people are apt to regard it as a binge... Basically - it is not - it is the way that a lot of people eat (who do not have a weight problem) if they are having a special social occasion.

We have to remember that we are not "on a diet" - we have adopted a healthy lifestyle and this is the way that we will live forever... We cannot wait until the end of the diet to have fun... If all goes well - it is never going to end.

I am not going to be the person who is an annoying guest who is never happy with what they are given. I would be miserable if I had no social life. Any damage done in one day of such eating is short lived. A gain would be mainly sodium based from the crisps...

I did an hour of salsa and an hour of zumba on Saturday morning before meeting our friends - so there were positives in the day too.

When I binge it is not nearly as controlled.

It tends to be totally emotional eating - and I will eat excessive quantities... not the kind of quantities that a normal person would consider eating... I can take a bread knife and eat a loaf of bread in one sitting - with butter and cheese... a box of chocolates can go - literally one after another... this is a binge by my definition. There is no control and it is very hard to stop once you start...

A person that has a large piece of cake is not on a binge... A binge will involve eating the whole cake - then looking round for the next thing to have...

Anyone that does not define a binge in the same way that I do - should not be impressed at the time since my last binge.

I "binge" every Sunday. It helps keeping me from going insane and makes it much, much easier for me to keep my diet clean on the other 6 days of the week. I still have like 18 pounds to lose, but I'm losing weight at a steady pace of about 1.5 to 2 pounds per week.

The way I see it, a controlled binge (I'd rather call it a cheat day) per week, or every 2 weeks, can be a helpful tool for your weight loss project.

I deal with the same problem. But after I binge I tend to make myself throw up whatever I just ate. And I really don't know how to stop. But it makes me feel a little better knowing that I am not alone.

I did some major, MAJOR binge-eating today. I had a big piece of coconut pie, two veggies burgers with mayo, two McChickens with barbecue sauce, some chips and some soda. I feel really sick right now from over-eating and it sucks. Period.

I need to get back on track and stop binge eating! I've come too far to give up on eating healthy/exercising! :)

I'm new here and definitely have a problem with this topic.
What are some ways you all manage your compulsions to eat?
I fight the urge day and night. It's ruining my life

I'm new here and definitely have a problem with this topic.
What are some ways you all manage your compulsions to eat?
I fight the urge day and night. It's ruining my life

I feel the same way. I have been binge eating for the last ~4 years and have gained about 100 lbs. I need to find ways to stop, but I don't know how to keep my mind off food. I also have my own car, so it is easy for me to just leave the house and buy a few cheeseburgers or slice of pizza. Any help would be great!!

I know how you feel. I find it helps me to have someone to be accountable to. I have a coach that I talk to daily. She talks me off the pizza ledge! :)
I feel the same way. I have been binge eating for the last ~4 years and have gained about 100 lbs. I need to find ways to stop, but I don't know how to keep my mind off food. I also have my own car, so it is easy for me to just leave the house and buy a few cheeseburgers or slice of pizza. Any help would be great!!

Back