Aringga's Diary : to 85 and below

VHLia

-- How much weight do you want to lose?
My target is that i lose 35kg or 77lbs, as of now i weight 120kg or 254,5lbs

-- What is the timeframe for reaching your target weight?
About two months before physical class in college

-- How do you want to accomplish your goal (what methods do you want to use)?
For now, i cut down my calories and sugar intake and do jogging or walk for minimum time of 45 minutes, i also do fasting

-- Who or what can support you in reaching your goal?
A couple of my friends that see me grow "bigger" support me to be fit again, when i checked my body index it's about 39.3 which my weight status is obese, seeing the risk of chronic diseases and others like LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, and high blood pressure (correct me if im wrong) motivate me to lose my weight and be healthy, it'll be embarassing for me for such a young age (18).

-- How realistic is your goal?
before i got into college, i was in boarding school for senior high school, at that time i was about 110kg or 242,5lbs and i did everything i could like jogging, sit-up, plank this include not having dinner, breakfast with only tea and oatmeal, and for lunch is normal (mostly calories due to heavy activities during the day), in just two month my weight is about 87kg, so i suppose it's possible and realistic for me as long i'm highly motivated and dedicated to lose my weight (note that at that time i still do a medium amount of snacking and having sweet drinks)

-- When will you start?
I actually already started two days ago by pushing my limit by increasing my jog span to two minutes (usually walk (ten minutes)-jog (one minute)-walk (ten minutes)-jog (one minute) until i feel exhausted)

VHLia

1. What is your current height and weight? 120kg and 175cm/264.5lbs and 5'7.
  2. If you were at an ideal weight now, what would that weight be? At very least 90kg or 198.4lbs.
  3. At what weight would you like to be at four months from now? 75kg or 165lbs.
  4. Why do you want to lose weight? Normal activities seems hard, even as simple as waking up from bed.
  5. Do you want to lose weight for a specific life event such as wedding or reunion? If so, when is that event? nope, just healthy weight.
  6. What obstacles could get between you and your weight loss goals? Lazyness and basically able to buy snacks or fast foods.
  7. Why do you think that you now have a weight problem? My BMI is 39.2 which according to BMI calculator i am obese.
  8. What lifestyle changes do you think would help you lose weight? Eating habit.
  9. Have you lost weight in the past? If so, what has worked in the past to help you lose weight? A little funny but jealousy haha.
  10. What, if anything, has not worked for you in the past in helping you to lose weight? Why do you think it did not work? Lack of consistency.
  11. Would you try writing down all food and drink consumed for a given period of time? Actually, no, i might do that though.
  12. Do you cook at home often? If so, what do you cook? For basic and daily consumption i eat rice, side dish sometimes chicken or beef.
  13. How often do you go out to eat? Where do you go? Not going out but i order food online due to lockdown, mostly fast food chain like mcdonalds or burger king, not too often, just if when im lazy to cook or busy with assignments.
  14. What are your three favorite restaurants? Mcdonalds, burger king and pizza hut (the locations are close too).
  15. Do you eat when you are not hungry? Yes, snacks.
  16. Do you binge eat (large amounts at a time)? Not really, i only do it if i'm invited to some kind of a party .
  17. Do you hide your food or eat in secret? no, infact, i often share my food to my friends if it's possible.
  18. Do you eat when you are sad, nervous, or depressed? Not eat but drink coffee.
  19. Do you eat as a reward? Yes, after fasting but in normal day i dont see it as a reward.
  20. Do you eat while watching TV or using the computer? Yes, youtube.
  21. What do you normally eat for a meal? Anything with rice is good.
  22. What type of snacks do you eat? Anything sweet or sour.
  23. In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing? At the moment, just walking and jogging.
  24. Where do you go for exercise? A local public gym? School/work gym? Home? Home and around the neighborhood.
  25. What, if anything, are your three favorite types of exercise? Back then i my favorites are push-ups, planks and sit-ups.
  26. What is your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly motivation to move towards your goals? My dissapointment in my weight.
  27. Do you have rewards for certain goals? Yes!, i actually have a "goal savings" which is basically if i accomplish any of my goals, i can take it and spend it on something i really want, for weight lost, i will reward myself with a new Tablet.
These are the additionals questions i can answer, thanks for reading!

Cate

Support crew
Hi, Aringga & a great big welcome to the forum. I love your introduction. Thank you for the detail. I think you have a very positive outlook & know what to do. It also sounds like you are motivated to do it. I look forward to seeing you reach your goals. Being healthy is the best motivation I think. I hope you like it here & get lots of support :)