Aringga's Diary : to 85 and below

26th April 2022

Squats (2*15 squats and 1*10 squat)
15 seconds plank
10 minutes full body stretch

heck of a muscle cram, my muscles probably need some time to get used to this.

Diary note :
Well today afternoon workout was something else, i manage to do something that i thought i wouldn't be able to do fully, it's not much but again it's a starter move, overall i'm happy with the result of today walk and workouts, well, other than the back and hips pain, the muscle cram too.

Seems like physical activities going great, the remaining problem now is calories intake, i don't really know how much calories i eat in a day (which I'm pretty sure the intake is way bigger than the outtake), so this would be something a little hard to solve and track. I do, however planning to buy a subscription to monthly diet catering, I'll see the information for the catering tomorrow, hopefully I'm able to track my calories intake.

and one problem i barely even notice, is how low my water intake in a day, i mean, most of the time if I'm thirsty i would just buy beverages from the store, Ready to drink stuff, "tea" (which is just mostly sweet water with tea flavoring), coffees, energy drinks and others. which i just realized on how much money i spent on these beverages, i really need to fix this bad habit of mine and try to drink more water instead of these store beverages.

Careful with orange juice: even the freshly squeezed, all natural stuff has almost as much sugar as Coca Cola.
oh really ?, i didn't know about this, at least the sugar is healthy ? or it's the same as regular sugar ?

It's basically the same thing. If you eat the whole orange, with fiber slowing down absorption and slowing down how much you ingest there's nothing wrong with the sugar in fruit. But if you drink only the juice the sugar is going into the blood stream much faster, causing a blood sugar spike and then a steep drop. Plus half a liter of orange juice is a lot easier to drink than eating the 4 large oranges you'd need to press out to produce half a liter of juice. So definitely be careful with juice.

If you could replace your bought drinks with water then you would almost certainly start losing weight. It will make a lot of difference :)

27th April 2022

30 Seconds "Mountain climber"
16 Squats
30 Seconds "High stepping"
15 Seconds plank
30 Seconds "Cobra stretch"

total time was about seven minutes, need some time to take a breath between workouts

Diary note :
Currently raining hard as of i typing today progress, can't do morning walk so i do home workout instead, these workouts are way heavier than i expected, wanted to do more but my muscles denied to do more haha, it'll get used to it.

Today breakfast was two chicken breasts, carrots, green beans and two glass milk, prediction is about 500-600 calories, classes and assignments going to be online, so it'll be little to no trouble to save energy for afternoon walk until.

that's today progress, any suggestions for improvement is appreciated :D

It's basically the same thing. If you eat the whole orange, with fiber slowing down absorption and slowing down how much you ingest there's nothing wrong with the sugar in fruit. But if you drink only the juice the sugar is going into the blood stream much faster, causing a blood sugar spike and then a steep drop. Plus half a liter of orange juice is a lot easier to drink than eating the 4 large oranges you'd need to press out to produce half a liter of juice. So definitely be careful with juice.
i see, learning something new everyday haha, well good to know this, I'll be careful with juices from now on!

you do seem eager to learn so if you have a few hours to spare, search these two guys in YouTube. easy to find short lectures. even if you have no plan to change your routine, it should give your understanding of nutrition a boost along with dispelling many dieting myths which have been perpetuated by the industry.

Dr. Jason Fung - Therapeutic Fasting: Solving the Two-Compartment Problem
Dr. Robert Lustig - Sugar: The Elephant in the Kitchen

-=Maybe an update=-

Disappeared for a couple of months, got hit by a motorcycle in the middle of a morning jog a few months back haha, cant really walk normally or even stand straight until yesterday, all good now and I can jog again, I'll start writing this journal progress back.

I do trained my hands and arm with handgrip and dumbbells (or barbell, I don't know which one which or is it the same) so I wouldn't be void from workout routines.

That's all that i can write I guess, so basically, three months of hands and arms training.

Oh right, I already mention this before but I'll just ask this again, I used to be able to do 10-15 push-ups, this was three years back, I cant really do that anymore and I wanted to be able to do push-ups again, now my question is : what muscle cores do I need to train or strengthen again ?.

Kinda dumb question but really curious about it

Wow, glad you're recovering from your accident but that must've been scary! @Trusylver is the exercise authority here but I think the best way to work your way back up to pushups is to start with wall pushups and as you progress over time you lower your support until you need the side of s table, then a bench or something, until you can do them straight on the floor.

Back