Anke's Diary

Hurray! You look great, Anke. Glad to hear things went the way you wanted them to.

I have eaten a lot of cake this past week. I really did not let that wedding cake go to waste. Nom nom nom.

On the other bright side, I have started a bodyweight exercise routine, and I am super sore, but in that good way you know.

So yes, getting back to some calm in my life now that wedding madness is over :)

Will catch up with all of you in the next week.

My wife made us do that tradition where you freeze a part of the cake and eat it on your 1 year anniversary. Lemme tell you, eat that cake now. It was not meant to sit frozen like that. :eek:

You look so beautiful Anke, and so happy and relaxed as well.
Congratulations on your special day and enjoy the wedding cake I say. It wont be there forever and it's a special cake. :)

So, Anke......do you feel different now that you are married? I hope your love for one another grows deeper & deeper xoxo

Congratz again! Cake is okay on occasion, especially something as special as your wedding. You'll get back on track.

Great thing about cheat days is that you can eat a ton of junk and stuff that you shouldn't eat, but because your body can only take in so much food, the majority of it will be fully flushed out.

Hey all! Been a little MIA - not feeling so motivated.

Married life is much the same, we have lived together for 8 years and been together for 10 after all ;)

I hope to come back with a weight and measurements check in soon soon! Hope you are all well!

Hi Anke, glad you didn't decide to ditch the healthy stuff after getting married :D (Accidentally typed "martyred" there at first :eek: Freud would have a field day with me.)

Great gown, Anke, I think you've planted a thought in my purple-loving daughter's head. My daughter who has an imaginary alternate world called "My Purple House", where she's done and seen it all.

Call me old-fashioned, but I still think making that commitment to marriage, especially after being together for years, is saying you want to stay together forever. But then, I'm a romantic :beating: I think it's nice that you decided to get married.
Maintaining motivation is harder when you don't have a set goal. Perhaps you may need to think of a new one, other than looking great on your wedding day, which you attained beautifully! You'll think of something. Meanwhile, weighing once a week is a good idea so weight doesn't creep back on. Who needs that battle?
xoxo Cate

Hi Anke, glad you didn't decide to ditch the healthy stuff after getting married :D (Accidentally typed "martyred" there at first :eek: Freud would have a field day with me.)

Hahaha, you cracked me up with this one :D
Well, I won't say that I didn't go all "hey, I can eat whatever and have no *dress consequences* !" Then I calmed down when I realized I do still need to wear clothes... :)

Great gown, Anke, I think you've planted a thought in my purple-loving daughter's head. My daughter who has an imaginary alternate world called "My Purple House", where she's done and seen it all.

Your daughter and I are one in spirit. I think that you get "purple people". Nobody knows why, I have found it in-Google-able, BUT we certainly exist. And live with the constant craving for more purple on/around us :) Personally, I have a theory related to [*WARNING: Airy fairy time*] chakra colours. So purple is Indigo, the Crown Chakra: "...is about wisdom and being one with the world. Violet is the color of Spirituality. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. Purple represents transformation, creativity and spiritual awareness." source: Google

Call me old-fashioned, but I still think making that commitment to marriage, especially after being together for years, is saying you want to stay together forever. But then, I'm a romantic :beating: I think it's nice that you decided to get married.

All about the romance, haha :) We really love eachother, this was just a way of reinforcing that even more (than we already have with all of the joint commitments we have entered into with house, loans, animals, possessions etc). We did go for an antenuptial contract with accrual, as it only makes sense. And Glenn is currently a Sole Proprietor.

Maintaining motivation is harder when you don't have a set goal. Perhaps you may need to think of a new one, other than looking great on your wedding day, which you attained beautifully! You'll think of something. Meanwhile, weighing once a week is a good idea so weight doesn't creep back on.

Hope you are enjoying married life. I think Cate is right that you need to set a new goal.

So I am sad to admit that I actually "hid" from the scale for the past month or so... I usually do that when there is lots of binge eating going on. I know what I will see and I don't want to see it. Getting to know yourself better over the years seems like a painstakingly slow process.

Last week I woke up and realized I couldn't keep doing that, so got on to a pleasant maintenance number. i.e: the 80-20 rule worked with the binge-ing. Not good, but not bad either. Being able to maintain weight is one of my biggest "goals".

Speaking of which... new goals... hmmm, you have my mind working overtime now, as I am raring to go with a new challenge.

I think a summary of what's currently happening is probably a good place to start, kind of see where I am at, and focus on it in relation to goals... as opposed to dreaming up goals and then trying to make them fit it with my current situation.

Yes, so I'm going to do this in life areas - that makes sense. Bear with me people, you are now in my brain. It is a scary place. Sometimes fun. Always purple.

Dang I am not even sure how to split it... I have seen it split and combined in many ways as shown below, have to find what works for me...

ONE WAY I FOUND:
  • Family and Relationships
  • Work (current job) and Career (long term),
  • Physical Health (eating and exercise habits),
  • Personal Improvement (aka spiritual - relates to how you treat others, improving your personality, working on things like honesty, etc.),
  • Living Environment (car maintenance, house maintenance, little projects around the house, etc.),
  • Finance (obvious, but includes goals and plans for retirement and lists of stuff to save for and buy),
  • Hobbies (entertaining yourself and relaxing).

ANOTHER WAY I FOUND:
  • Split it to Physical/Mental/Emotional/Spiritual.
  • Or even simpler, do something that makes you money. Do something that keeps you in shape. Do something that keeps you creative.

So I decided...

MY LIFE AREAS:
  • Making a living (includes personal development, work and finances)
  • Relationships (includes family/pets, friends and Loved One)
  • Physical Health (includes exercise, good hygiene and healthy eating)
  • Mental Health (includes relaxation, hobbies, daily habits, self care)
Current situation and first step for each

Making a living -
I really really want to work for myself. I am trying to pick up more freelance work to see if my side hustle can take over my main hustle. For now though, I can leverage the advantages of my main hustle to try build the side hustle, those are: free training in areas that I can use at current job and elsewhere also, access to brainy colleagues, structured work day (even though this irks me, I think it helps. When I start working from home, I do think I am going to need to make much more structure for myself to be able to make it work).
I recently started frequenting a website, Mr Money Mustache (wrong spelling damnit!) and he has some awesome opinions... frugal living and early retirement kinda stuff. So off I am on my road to financial independence. It started off with me cutting out all unnecessary spend, and automatically having about 30% of my take home pay put into Retirement Annuity/ Pension Plan/ Unit Trust. I increased the amount by quite a bit, so I am finding it harder not spending so much on food when at work, hehe.
MINI STARTER GOAL:
Complete my current project (due to give training on 22September on the work I have done). I need to finish building the automated marketing system, and then do the training documentation, then train them. I think this is a great opportunity to work on the training material with the thought in mind that it for my future portfolio. I think this will help me do better work. I have left things to the last (as you do) and am now at crunch time. For some reason I think I love the stress and excitement. Anyway, I don't think it's fair to focus too much on any other personal career interest just until this project is done.

Relationships -
Well as you know, we got married :) But that's not the only relationship I need to pay attention to! My bro from Australia and my parents from Germany came to visit during the wedding time - I am making a point of chatting to my bro a couple of times a week on Google hangouts. With my parents, I have scheduled a semi-regular Skype call with them for Sundays. I really want to make it to those calls. Another thing is my granny. She is becoming less needy, which is making me want to spend more time with her. She is really getting older and more child-like... freaky.
MINI STARTER GOAL:
Make sure that I have spoken to all of my close (and close-far) family - mom, dad, bro and granny- once a week.

Physical Health -
I tried a bit of a bodyweight training regime but did not get into it. For the past few weeks I have just gone for one to three walks of about 30mins each with my doggie. Other than that, been tracking my steps per day with my smartphone, but not really made or reached any goals.
MINI STARTER GOAL:
Ok, this is a bit of a biggie for me, I historically SUCK at daily goals... especially first thing in the morning ones, hehe. EVERY morning, when I wake up, I will do 2 salutes to the sun (yoga). That's it.

Mental Health -
I am not sure here... I recently went to see my psychiatrist, had a change up in medication. To be honest, I think the biggest change I could make here with great effects would be to stop smoking cannabis.
MINI STARTER GOAL:
Wake up, get ready and go straight to work, no smoke. (yes, it is that bad).

Phew, I think I have a few things to "goal" on now, eh? Thank you all so much for being inspiring!

Oh, we got a new puppy! Promise pics next time, she is a cute little pug. Lili needed a friend, and it was the right time to expand our "family" of 2 cats and now 2 dogs.

NOTE: need a freelancer? pick me! I can proof read, edit, write and do all sorts of cool things with Wordpress, Google Adwords and Microsoft CRM... I promise that is the only advertisement I shall do :)

You are really sweet Anke. I enjoyed all of the above!
I am teaching myself how to use Wordpress as I am now responsible for our golf club web-site. I was nervous at first but am getting better at it.
I think cutting out smoking cannabis is a good idea. I always thought it was fine ( I grew up in the 70's), but am now very well aware of its' effects on mental health. It was fortunate that I was not able to tolerate it I think.
I am hopeless at first thing in the morning goals too. 2 more cuddles? Easy :D
Look forward to the puppy pics xoxo

Your daughter and I are one in spirit. I think that you get "purple people".
Her great grandmother was a "purple people", too. My daughter (Cora) can ramble for hours about some scenario that happened at her purple house, god help us all if she quizzes me cuz she's also got a hair trigger temper.

SOunds like you've got a full agenda of personal resolutions, try not to beat yourself up too much if you drop the ball on one of them!

Hey all, I would like to get more active on here again, just trying to carve out a timeslot :/

Sending hugs!!!

Hi Anke! Big hugs right back :)

Back