2 Pounds A Week Club

Daymon74

This club is for those who are focusing on just 2 pounds minimum weight loss per week. I thought this would be a good club for those of us who have tried the fast and hard route without much success.

I'm in. :)

I'm new as well. I would love to join! It's been 3 days that I have been going to the gym....spending almost 50minutes each day. I've been staying away from carbs (rice & bread) the last 1-2 weeks as well.

Ok so I thought I would start posting my weight for each week to make sure I'm losing at least 2 pounds. I am starting from June 22 because that's when I'm sure of my weekly weights. I am picking Tuesdays because that's my weigh-in day on Weight Watchers.

06/22 193.6 lbs.

06/29 191.4 lbs. (2.2 lbs lost)

07/06 189 lbs. (2.4 lbs. lost)

07/13

07/20

07/27

It's good to see I'm not the only one that thinks losing 2 pounds a week is a good idea! I've tried working out like a machine 5 days a week, and eating a very restrictive diet, and it would always work very well for the first few weeks, but it wasn't something I could "live with".

Sure, it's going to take longer to get to my goal weight at 2 pounds a week, but I'll get there. I can certainly live with this. It might get a little tougher toward the end, but I'll probably be in better physical shape by then. I wasn't always a big guy, but I have just under 100 lbs to lose. With a few changes to my daily routine, I hope to lose two pounds a week, and be back to normal in 1 year.

I decided I'll weigh in on Sunday, since that is one of my rest days. I workout M T W, off Thurs. then workout again F & S.

Here are my stats so far:
Starting weight: 253

First weigh in: July 11, 249.4 - BMI 36%

Best of luck to all of you! Looking forward to your updates.

Wow! It's so great to see such great progress from everyone- definitely motivation for me! Xina647- I gave up the carbs and rice too.. and ended up subbing them with brown rice and wheat bread in limited quantities because I think I was going through withdrawal haha!

hit the gym today and ran non-stop for 45 minutes! It's crazy to see how much stronger I'm getting from working out and weight training. Haven't lost much weight yet, but if I'm already seeing faster results at the gym, I'm sure the weight will eventually come off :)

Count me in.

Ive been lurking the boards here for a few weeks. Last month I quit smoking and started cooking all of my meals. I've already dropped 30 lbs since june 10th!

Starting weight: 296
Current: 265
Goal: 165

See y'all at the bottom :D

Last edited:
Count me in.

Ive been lurking the boards here for a few weeks. Last month I quit smoking and started cooking all of my meals. I've already dropped 30 lbs since june 10th!

Congrats on quitting smoking and of course your weight loss. What a great success! :)

06/22 193.6 lbs.

07/13 187.2 lbs. (1.8 pounds lost - damn, so close...)

07/20

07/27

Hello everyone I would like to join to help keep myself motivated. Im going to start from June so I can see more of my progess as I go.

JUNE
WK1-4
WK2-6.4
WK3-2.4
WK4-1

JULY
WK1-5.8
WK2-2.2
WK3-7.2
WK4-

Last edited:
Count me in.

Wow! That's awesome! I need to quit too. I've actually got a quit date set for Monday. My only fear is the munchies! Good job on both!

Count me in too! Most of the medical community says to try to lose 1-2 pounds a week as that's healthiest. Also if you lose weight too fast you are more likely to have issues with excess skin. So I'm shooting for 2 pounds a week - thought I know at that rate it will take me over 2 years to reach my goal weight. But I want do to this right.

Anyway, for sure count me in to the 2 pounds a week club! :D

Progress so far - nearly 32 lbs in 11 weeks
Averages out to about 2.9 pounds a week - I'm going to try and slow this to 2 pounds a week

Last edited:
I would like to join! I just joined the forum yesterday and am looking for buddies to help keep me on track. :)

Start Date: July 17, 2010 Weight: 199 lbs.

Week 2 is a success! Only 52 more to go? Anyway, down two more pounds for this week. How are the rest of you doing?

Starting weight: 253

First weigh in: July 11, 249.4 - BMI 36%

2nd weigh in: July 18, 247.4 - BMI 34%

Oh my, I'm down 1.2 pounds since yesterday. I think I might need to up my calorie intake a little bit.

Uggh...not a good week. But considering what the scale said earlier this week I am happy that it's not more of a gain than that. Hope next week is much better!

06/22 193.6 lbs.

07/13 187.2 lbs. (1.8 pounds lost - damn, so close...)

07/20 187.4 lbs. :banghead:

07/27

I'm on my first official day of my vaction (writing this from a hotel in Hollywood). My boyfriend has so many 4 star reseraunts planed for the next week and a half and I'm so scared I'm going to gain weight. This is like a dieter's nightmare. I've not had so much food shuved my way since I started my weight loss journey and this is terrifying for me! Please pray for me.

Back