2 Pounds A Week Club

I understand.
In my case, I easily gain lean muscle mass. Since muscle weighs more than fat, it's better for me to go by inches. But I'm sure for a lot of people going by the number is better.
It's different for everyone.

Since I'm losing an average of 2-3 pounds a week, I'll go ahead and join. This will be fun.

Congrats on losing 34 pounds Stacy!!! ^_^

Thanks hon!
"In my case, I easily gain lean muscle mass" Oh wow! I'm totally jealous of you!

I woke up last night to find a two pound drop OVER NIGHT! I just thought I'd share the good news with you guys! :)

Count me in

I think 2 pounds a week is a good number. Have just started out.

Start date: 22/07 235
Week 1 : 29/07 231

Have lost 4 pounds in the first week so I'm thrilled but I know that just coz it's the initial starting stage. Will be happy if I can sustain it at 2 pounds per week.

You all are doing wonderful !! i am so happy. can't wait to check in few days for me and let you all know.

I hate having to do updates like this, but maybe it will serve as a reminder for someone else, and even myself later down the line. Twoo weeks ago I had another successful week, and was down to 245. I thought I might get away with going out for a few drinks. Bad idea! One thing lead to another, and in two days time I gained back 4 pounds. It only took two days to ruin 2 weeks of hard work.

Anyway, I'm back to shooting for the 245 mark for my next weigh in. It suck, but at the point I'm still down 11 pounds, and I only lost two weeks instead of three or four. I'll be sure not to make that mistake again. It does feel good to be moving through the 240's though. I haven't been under 250 in 3 years!

Best of luck all!

I hate having to do updates like this, but maybe it will serve as a reminder for someone else, and even myself later down the line. Twoo weeks ago I had another successful week, and was down to 245. I thought I might get away with going out for a few drinks. Bad idea! One thing lead to another, and in two days time I gained back 4 pounds. It only took two days to ruin 2 weeks of hard work.

Anyway, I'm back to shooting for the 245 mark for my next weigh in. It suck, but at the point I'm still down 11 pounds, and I only lost two weeks instead of three or four. I'll be sure not to make that mistake again. It does feel good to be moving through the 240's though. I haven't been under 250 in 3 years!

Best of luck all!

You're doing great! The great thing is that you aren't letting the little setback derail you! "Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure."--Jack Lemmon

Looks like losing 2 pounds each week is getting harder and harder...

06/22 193.6 lbs.

06/29 191.4 lbs. (2.2 lbs lost)

07/06 189 lbs. (2.4 lbs. lost)

07/13 187.2 lbs. (1.8 pounds lost - damn, so close...)

07/20 187.4 lbs.

07/29 185.6 lbs.(1.8 lbs. lost...so glad I'm losing again but wish it was 2 lbs.)

08/03 184.8 lbs. (.8 pounds lost...short week from Thurs to Tues)

08/10

08/17

08/24

08/31

06/22 193.6 lbs.

06/29 191.4 lbs. (2.2 lbs lost)

07/06 189 lbs. (2.4 lbs. lost)

07/13 187.2 lbs. (1.8 pounds lost - damn, so close...)

07/20 187.4 lbs.

07/29 185.6 lbs.(1.8 lbs. lost...so glad I'm losing again but wish it was 2 lbs.)

08/03 184.8 lbs. (.8 pounds lost...short week from Thurs to Tues)

08/10

08/17

08/24

08/31

Hmm If the weight loss is slowing down that probably means your body is getting used to your routine. I would try shaking things up a bit, change your calories around a bit and/or add a different type of physical activity. :) Just my two cents. *Hugs*

Hello everyone, Thank you Stacy for your encouragements too. Bikinibound you are still losing which is great, and you did weigh yourself after a few days. I myself am seeing myself looking better in my clothes even thou the pounds are coming off slowly. I exercised 6 days last week, just Sunday I didn't. Guess what I did Daymon74 on Sunday? gave myself a break!! No exercise and eat what you like day. lol well i paid the next day by going up 2 full pounds.
I think after we reach our goal, giving our self the weekends off makes sense and then watch what you eat during the weekdays. But not right after one week of dieting, silly , silly me. oh well. i won't do that again.
My stomach hurt Sunday after the meals, because i was eating more than the past week. That served me right. no more, i am going to behave and do better this coming Sunday.
It is okay daymon74, the 2 pounds you put on from having a good time, comes off easier than the ones before. i call those poundages phony. i already lost the one pound off need to lose the other and then concentrate on keeping them off for the rest of this week.
It is so nice talking to all of you while we are on this journey. keep up the posts, even when we slip up a bit, we are all in the same boat.
Smiles, upbeat

Last edited:
You're doing great! The great thing is that you aren't letting the little setback derail you! "Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure."--Jack Lemmon

Thanks for the encouragement, Stacy! I've actually down to 245 for the past couple of days, but this isn't my weigh in day. Sunday I'll post this week's results. I'm shooting for 243. I know that's a bit more than what I'm supposed to be doing in a week, but I want to get back up to speed with my 2 pounds a week goal.

This week the weight seems to really be coming off btw. I haven't really changed anything, or worked any harder. It just seems to be a really good week so far.

Slow and steady

Start date: 22/07 235

Week 1 : 29/07 231 -4
Week 2 : 05/08 228 -2

Knew 4 lbs was too good to be true! :(

Guess what I did Daymon74 on Sunday? gave myself a break!! No exercise and eat what you like day. lol well i paid the next day by going up 2 full pounds.
I think after we reach our goal, giving our self the weekends off makes sense and then watch what you eat during the weekdays. But not right after one week of dieting, silly , silly me. oh well. i won't do that again.
My stomach hurt Sunday after the meals, because i was eating more than the past week. That served me right. no more, i am going to behave and do better this coming Sunday.
It is okay daymon74, the 2 pounds you put on from having a good time, comes off easier than the ones before. i call those poundages phony. i already lost the one pound off need to lose the other and then concentrate on keeping them off for the rest of this week.
It is so nice talking to all of you while we are on this journey. keep up the posts, even when we slip up a bit, we are all in the same boat.
Smiles, upbeat

I'm with ya. It did seem to come off nicely once I got back at it, but not looking forward to doing that again. I think the whole idea behind 2 pounds a week is to have a little wiggle room along the way. I've decided to save that wiggle room for days I really need it like eating with friends and family. This week that approach has worked out great!

This may seem a little cliche, but I remember watching an episode of biggest loser where one woman was just freaked out by the thought of having some wine, and was reminded by her trainer that she was losing weight so she could ENJOY life. She was so wrapped up in being perfect she didn't realize it was ok to have the wine, and to do some other things. The key, as "they" say is moderation. How soon we forget.

Last edited:
NEED HELP!!!!!!

So I finally started back with my working out and healthy eating on the first of the month. :) I try to keep the calories at 1500 and do turbo jam 5 x a week for 40 min and i didn't lose any weight this week. :( It kinda was a let down, any ideals on what i can do or was i expecting to much.

NEED HELP!!!!!!

So I finally started back with my working out and healthy eating on the first of the month. :) I try to keep the calories at 1500 and do turbo jam 5 x a week for 40 min and i didn't lose any weight this week. :( It kinda was a let down, any ideals on what i can do or was i expecting to much.

It depends on where you're coming from, how many calories you where eating before, and how much activity you where doing before as well.

Don't be shocked if you don't lose weight as fast as you'd like, sometimes water weight holds for days after you've melted away the fat. And seeing as you're only 7 days in, be patient, hun. :) Don't expect too much too soon. Remember that this is a lifestyle change, eating healthy and being more active for the rest of your life is key. Diets don't work, lifestyle changes do. The results will come, just be patient.

NEED HELP!!!!!!

I'm no expert, but I can tell you some things that helped me. I found that I need to pin the numbers down. Exact calories, hit my target heart rate during cardio, find out how many calories a day I need to just maintain my current weight etc...

The tools I needed were a food scale (might be a cheap one at your local grocery store) a heart rate watch, and good program to monitor my calories like the one at fitday.

Once I was able to weigh my food, and get exact calories, make sure I was hitting my target heart rate during cardio, and making sure I was creating a caloric deficit through diet alone the weight started coming off.

If you still have problems at first, and you know you're doing everything right (as I did), you can take a look at your diet. The food you eat is just as important as calories. Reduce sodium, raise dietary fiber, eat high protein etc...

This is just an example, but if you have a daily calorie limit of 1800 calories, which is going to be better for you, 1800 calories worth of doughnuts, or 1800 calories worth of watermelon? Both are under 1800, but one is much better for you than the other, and will work to aid your weight loss.

Thank you Stacy and daymon74. I think I will wait until the end of the month to weigh so I can concentrate on the lifestyle change. Then I will start to post every week.

Thank you Stacy and daymon74. I think I will wait until the end of the month to weigh so I can concentrate on the lifestyle change. Then I will start to post every week.

Well once a week weigh in should be good, but if you want to wait a month it's up to you of course. :) I have to weigh myself every morning. I get cranky until I get to see how much I weigh. lol

Have you started a food journal yet? Tracking what you eat, everything you eat, can be the key to sustainable weight loss. I have a motto *though I'm not the first one to use it lol* - If you bite it, write it.

I write down everything that I eat and keep a tally of the calories. It's amazing how easy it is to misjudge daily calorie intakes if you aren't looking it up and writing it down. :) I'd say keeping a food journal is the number one key to weight loss.

I wish you luck on your journey! Keep us posted. Feel free to check out the dairy section and start a weight loss diary if you haven't already! Letting people know what's going on with you and your weight loss journey on a regular basis can really help motivate you and keep you on track (at least it does for me).

I think Stacy's right. Weighing every week is a good habit. This way you'll know what's working, and what isn't, and you can make modifications along the way. If you wait a whole month you might find what you're doing hasn't worked very well, and during that time you had no way of knowing modifications were needed.

I weigh every day, but I only count it as an official weigh in on Sunday. I have a habit of weighing right after a workout to. LOL. I know it doesn't count, but I love seeing those lower numbers :party:

Back