130's Club

Things can take a while to hit the scale. Dreaded water retention around TOM always ruins my nice downward trend at the scale - no matter how consistent I am.

Around TOM I often get a 3 to 4 pound gain - but that is water and comes away again.

It doesnt matter what my weight is - as long as any gain is not much more than that from my low weight - I am happy.

My weight can be up - it doesnt matter. I have a good day if I get my long walk in. I have a great day if I get my long walk in and eat healthily. The calorie level is immaterial - we all have days when we feel hungrier than others. If I want to have some more fruit, sugar free jelly/sweets, cereal, yoghurt etc I do so. The calorie level does not make it a bad day. If I stick to healthy food - the calorie level always seems to work out ok if I check it later.

one thirty...six? ugh I dislike my scale, it never seems to be consistant. I think thats what I am though. pretty sure

This belly fat does not seem to want to go away, no matter how much exercise I do :( Oh well...

Remember Missy - it is only about a week since you were pleased to be at 139. A healthy rate of weightloss is 1% of bodyweight per week. You are actually losing really well at 136.

It is perfectly normal to see day to day fluctuations. Dont let it worry you - just keep working hard with your healthy food and exercise. The rewards come before too long.

We cannot pick and choose which part of the body will give up it's fat. I swear that the first two stone (i.e. 28 pounds) that came off me came off the top of my left leg. I lost two stone and the only part of me that looked thinner was my left leg. My left leg looked comparitively thin and my right leg looked as big as ever. Thankfully they evened up eventually.

I do a lot of walking and a standing joke in my family was that you would think that I was hopping for miles every day.

Last edited:
Thanks omega. That meant a lot and I will keep that advice in mind. It's just frusturating when you want to loose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time.

thanks Omega!

138/137 this morning....(I usually weigh myself about 4 times hehe)

today i was at the track for 2 hrs! walked, then ran almost 6 laps (more than a mile) yay! so sore but will sleep great!

Thanks omega. That meant a lot and I will keep that advice in mind. It's just frusturating when you want to loose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time.

I have been on my project since February 2007 - so no-one could be more ready to get to where they want to be. The fact is that I gain water every month due to TOM. Six days ago my weight was 8st6.2 (i.e. 132.2 pounds) - it has been higher since then and will be for probably another week. This is despite me being absolutely firm with my food and walking over 11 miles every day.

I understand all about frustration - but our bodies work the way that they work.

I have been on my project since February 2007 - so no-one could be more ready to get to where they want to be. The fact is that I gain water every month due to TOM. Six days ago my weight was 8st6.2 (i.e. 132.2 pounds) - it has been higher since then and will be for probably another week. This is despite me being absolutely firm with my food and walking over 11 miles every day.

I understand all about frustration - but our bodies work the way that they work.

You lost so much weight though.. congrats!!

Finger's crossed to be in this club in the next few weeks. YES I CAN! YES I WILL!

Oh P.S. This will be my last weight club & Than I will be in the "Maintaining It Club" ;)

Last edited:
WOOT!! ONE MORE POUND 2 GO THAN I WILL BE HERE!! WOO WOO WOO!! :party: GO MEEEEE!!!!

WOOT! Made It!!!!!!! :party: SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE, OHH SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE, SHAKE YOUR JELLLY, SHAKE YOUR JELLLYYYY!!!!!

Hey everyone, I've actually been stuck in the low 130s for what seems like forever now :S I've had a peak at the high 120s a couple times but never stay there. hopefully we can motivate each other and soon this will turn into the informally named 120s club! would anyone like to get some friendly competition going? I'm wondering if having to compare my weight loss every few days or so will keep me from making poor choices. Good luck everyone! :)

Hello <3summertime you can always make a new thread for a 120's club ;)

I am not up for any added competition to what I am doing now, but take a look around the forum and in the "Challenges" sub-forum there are usually always a challenge or two going on. ;)

Wishing you all the best on your weightloss journey!! :)

Take Care :seeya:

WoW still in this club & talking to myself...good entertainment! Boy, I tell ya!!;)

I am now at the weight WHERE I VERY FIRST STARTED TO GAIN!!! It's amazing, I never thought I could do it again! I really had no clue as how to lose any weight & this forum has helped tremendously! I am learning soooo much!! It's very supportive here! :)

Anywho, another 3-4 lbs to go & I'll be in the 120 lbs club!! & than off to the *MAINTAINING IT CLUB* :D

Hey everyone! Currently I'm at 131, hopefully I'll be outta this club by next week ;) I haven't been in the 120's since maybe 6th grade so I hope I can do it! Hope you all are doing well!

arrrgh, i'm stuck in a plateau of 130-132 pounds, and it's not budged for about 2 weeks. But it's only my own fault, i had a couple of bad days. Still, i refuse to stay in the 130's for much longer, really going for it this week, and i'm going to be 12something!

& you DID IT Ree T!!!

But I am still here....LOL Pop in & out of the 120 lbs club, its busier over that a way. :D :p New wavering low, I'm just excited, 128-132lbs!! Woo Hoo, I haven't been allowing my emotions to be too controlled by the number's on the weight scale, so I am allowing myself this lil bit of whatever you may call it. :auto:

WOOO HOO Another Pound Down!! 131 lbs!!! I don't even know how I did it, hardly been running & staying within my calorie range but not even the best foods just these last few days. Go Body!

Back