Liza

Oh, Liza. What a shame about your foot pain. I'm also sure you'll find a way back to running, but can also see you learning to love cycling. It may even become your new passion.

I'm sure you'll find your way back to running.
I hope so!
but can also see you learning to love cycling. It may even become your new passion.
That would be so good...

I have been looking at listings of used bikes around here and some look like they might work for me...that would be good. Although again me knowing nothing about bikes works against me here as I could end up with one that is no good...i will talk with some friends about their opinions...or maybe even just putting word out to friends what I'm looking for could find me one...

Yesterday went well. My feet felt so much better after some good rest and not putting more strain on them. A beautiful morning in the garden and getting excited about creating a new veggie section! Will need to amend the soil quite a bit I think but it's quite a good section and would really add to the amount I could grow I think!

Besides the gardening, got my strength and stretch session in as well as some walking so yesterday I wasn't feeling so sorry for myself about the lack of running but actually grateful for all that I can do.

And this morning the scale was kindly back to 143 which was a relief to see. I will keep counting calories anyways probably for the next few days to be sure I'm not getting back to gaining...

Slept wonderfully long which always feels amazing too.

Thanks @Llama and @Cate

It's been really helpful to not even think of trying to run for the next week or so. Continuing to focus on the positives. Yesterday was another awesome morning in the garden and will head back out there shortly. I feel like my feet feel relieved that I've agreed to give them time off!

Food choices were good. Staying focused on protein in hopes it will help my body do a good repair job!

Glad to hear it feels good today rather than frustrating. Frustration is stress and stress hinders healing! Plus it's no fun :p

Sorry to hear about all the pain from the running but glad you are getting into the gardening again. It is still very much winter here - feels like it's dragging on forever.

Well it's been a while. A bunch of Life stuff happened that took my attention, and still is really, but less so.
I have been coming around here once in a while just reading people's entries, but not in the space to say much...will probably be slowly getting back to it now.
Haven't been thinking much at all about nutrition, but trying to stay at least a little bit healthy between meals of convenience and sugar stress remedies.
But just so you know if i don't get round much to the diaries, I am thinking about you all, and actually often at least reading to see how you all are keeping on...

Thanks guys :grouphug:

It has been a bit of a time these past few weeks. Bit of a family crisis that happened which has mostly settled now, though my life continues to be a little busier as a result. New routine, new rhythm, not so much time left for long walks or any running attempts...but hopefully those will come back soon again as things settle out further.

I had a bit of trouble keeping my healthy food going at first but now I seem to be back to healthier eating again. And I'm fitting in some movement at least with some walking with just the way my day goes naturally. I have been having some issues with my back. I think that would be the combo of stress and not being able to run. Somehow the running seemed to keep my back strong...I am hoping that I can try some walk-run sessions next week. The plantar fasciitis continues to be an issue even with the walking but much less so, so we'll see if it can handle an ease back into running...

I am making the effort to keep in some yoga each morning as well for the sake of my back.

I have also managed to keep the garden work going. I don't have as long a stretches of free time so I've learned to get out for shorter sessions and have kept it going nicely. Been harvesting a nice amount of kale and asparagus which is lovely and it's nice to see all the seedlings starting to get bigger.

I think I gained a couple of pounds back but haven't been keeping strict track of things. Will get back to keeping more track of things now I think as things have settled down.

Sounds like it's been a rough time for you. Glad to hear things are calming down and I hope your back will start to feel better as you get more relaxed.

I'm glad that things seem to have settled, Liza & your healthy routine is returning. Your garden sounds like it's starting to reap your rewards. Take care xo

Sounds like it's been a rough time for you. Glad to hear things are calming down and I hope your back will start to feel better as you get more relaxed.
Yeah i am still not back to the old routine and things still feel up in the air, but things are definitely better and more relaxed so that's good.
I'm glad that things seem to have settled, Liza & your healthy routine is returning. Your garden sounds like it's starting to reap your rewards. Take care xo
Yes it always feels like such a treat when the garden is giving. I mean it's also just lovely to be in it as I enjoy the work in it so much as well. The food seems like a bonus!
Glad you're back Liza! The yoga is fantastic so I hope you keep it up.
Yes nothing so motivating as a hurting back to remind me to keep up with the morning yoga! The test will be as my back improves will I be as committed....

Well got out for my first walk-run session yesterday since maybe about 3 weeks of not trying any? I was super careful and started insanely slow with a 2:1 ratio of walk-run. I just really want to find something that I can keep up with regularly just to keep running in my psyche. Yesterday's session was totally fine with very little extra foot pain afterwards (there always seems to be some foot pain these days)
My back has gotten better the last couple of days too. I got out on a long walk the other day (first true forest-y walk in 3 weeks as well) so I think the walking is helping. Probably too just the ease of stress.

Still searching for a bike...Keeping my eye out for second hand ones as new ones seem to be a bit beyond what I want to spend if it's actually going to be of somewhat decent quality...

Food wise doing pretty good, though i could definitely do with cutting back on sweets.

I weighed myself this morning and I seem to be still at 143 so no big gains over the past few weeks which is nice.

Not gaining after a few weeks of stress sounds like a win, Liza. I really hope that you get back to running regularly without pain as I know how good that makes you feel.
Getting out in the garden here now is not fun as I'm quite allergic to mould & spores are everywhere. Do you have much planted yet?

Back