Liza

No big gains despite some stressful weeks is a win in my book!
yes was pleasantly surprised...though today the scale is back up a couple of pounds so not sure what's going on--will see as i get back to weighing more regularly.
Great job on no gains and the run/walk going well.
it was such a relief to have that walk-run go well. Really really hoping it will go ok again today as I plan to try another one.
Not gaining after a few weeks of stress sounds like a win, Liza. I really hope that you get back to running regularly without pain as I know how good that makes you feel.
Getting out in the garden here now is not fun as I'm quite allergic to mould & spores are everywhere. Do you have much planted yet?
That's really too bad about having allergies around the garden :( I am slowly getting more planted...as last years kale is finishing off, I've started new baby kales and lettuce and peas...pretty soon will be time to add the warm loving plants like tomato, beans, and zucchini...
I also have lots of lovely flowers that I am growing here too. All so lovely at this time of year! Just pleasantly warm and the plants look very happy.

Ok i am going to start making some new small efforts again toward possibly losing a bit of my extra weight--the big effort will be toward cutting back on sweets. No definite plan yet, but will start by at least being more aware and no more stress excuses...

Your garden prep sounds so lovely! Looking forward to living vicariously through you again.

I love hearing about your gardening & walks/runs & well, everything really. It's nice when you're here, Liza. It's time for me to start concentrating a bit more on dropping some weight. I'm in a good headspace & that's a good place to start, xo

Your garden prep sounds so lovely! Looking forward to living vicariously through you again.
:) I will try to remember to include lots of garden stories! I am very lucky with this space....yesterday was another big harvest of asparagus...
All that wonderful food from your garden should keep you glowing on the inside and out! Fabulous!
Yes I think i probably do glow a bit while in the garden especially. I just feel such joy in there.
I love hearing about your gardening & walks/runs & well, everything really. It's nice when you're here, Liza. It's time for me to start concentrating a bit more on dropping some weight. I'm in a good headspace & that's a good place to start, xo
Thanks Cate--i love being here--you're all such great supportive people!

Well yesterday's walk-run session was absolutely beautiful while it happened....i took it slow again, though increased the intervals to 1:1...which ended up to be apparently too much as again with the foot pain afterwards. So I will go back to the 2:1 when I go out next. I really think i will also go to a physio to see if they can suggest anything beyond what I am doing. Oh and order some compression socks as one runner I was talking to got those for her Plantar Fascittis and it apparently made all the difference...

But anyways the run was in a beautiful section which I rarely get to. So different scenery. Quite a few people out too as it is a popular section.

I laughed at myself yesterday with my planned awareness around sweets as I ended up buying a small tub of ice cream! Well I was aware that I was doing it...So that will be with me for the next while. Oh well. I guess that hopefully it will train me how to have something I love around, to indulge a little, but not overdo it. I rarely buy ice cream and it felt like such a treat.

I did have small good healthy meals besides that though and a fair amount of movement in, but won't be dropping any weight any time soon if I keep having days like that. But it was nice to just thoroughly enjoy the day and the treats.

I'm glad you enjoyed the ice cream. I used to be a divil for buying the huge tubs of Haagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry's but I haven't done that in a long time. I'm definitely not as bingey as I once was. Still as fat though, which is annoying. Haha.

Oh and order some compression socks as one runner I was talking to got those for her Plantar Fascittis and it apparently made all the difference...
Hi Liza! About 6 years ago I had plantar fasciitis, I also ordered some compression socks and found that helpful. I used to run a lot more than I do now, trying to get more into it again, so I look forward to learning some tips from you :)

What a shame that 1:1 run/walking didn't work! Glad you had an enjoyable day regardless :grouphug:
well i tried again on 1:1 and it worked last time....i think i just have to be super careful to be sure to stretch right away next time. An ongoing experiment for sure!
I'm glad you enjoyed the ice cream. I used to be a divil for buying the huge tubs of Haagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry's but I haven't done that in a long time. I'm definitely not as bingey as I once was. Still as fat though, which is annoying. Haha.
I really do enjoy ice cream. And I did do well in spacing it out over about a week, so that was good. We're having some real summery days lately so the ice-cream is such a treat!
I really hope the compression socks work for you, Liza( & the physio) xo
Me too! They're still in my online shopping basket...i should just hurry up and order them!
Hi Liza! About 6 years ago I had plantar fasciitis, I also ordered some compression socks and found that helpful. I used to run a lot more than I do now, trying to get more into it again, so I look forward to learning some tips from you :)
Oh that's encouraging to hear the socks helped you...I would love any more tips on how you got over it and got back to running...

So this past week's been good, but still busier than usual which is probably why i'm still not posting as regularly as before...
Lots of catching up on garden work this past week which has been a nice little workout for my body and a nice time for my soul. I anticipate a lot more gardening to come this week as I work to switch the garden over from the cooler veggies to the warmer ones. Plus I got some fencing for the garden to try to keep the cats out so I'm working at putting that up.

My last attempt at walk-run was last week on Sunday which went better but then I got caught up in using my spare time for the garden. But I do have hope that once things slow down there I can slowly get back to a regular walk-run schedule to build back up to normal.

I have 2 used bikes I'm looking at too...so maybe soon I'll be out cycling which would be a nice alternative to the running.

I'm planning to do an official weigh in tomorrow. Last week I think it was 143 with 27% body fat...so much the same as I've been these past months.

I love icecream! For now I'm trying to only buy single cones to reduce the temptation to keep going once I start.

Sounds like you're doing well, even if things are still a little busy. Yay for garden time!

Those stats sound pretty good to me! My goal with body fat is 30%. I think if I got there, I'd keel over! :D

Hope you get one of the bikes and well done on all that lovely gardening.

Thanks @Llama and @Emilyrose ! Yes things are feeling pretty good. A nice kind of busy and definitely so nice to have so much garden work to do. That's my favorite!
Not much to add to my previous post but just recording my official weigh in--a big jump in weight to 146, but body fat still at 27% so that might just be some water weight...but will be keeping an eye on that.

Thanks all!
I think BF is the best indicator of where you are anyway. Have a lovely Sunday. x
I agree! I like going off body fat measurements more than weight...I know my bf isn't that accurate a way to measure but at least it keeps me on track as to how it is comparatively each time I measure. And then when I gain some weight with water it doesn't throw me off so much.
Gardening sounds like fun, Liza. I hope you get a bike & love it!
The gardening has been so great. So much this past week but I feel like I'm back to being mostly caught up to where I want to be with it and now can just do an hour or so each morning to keep it where i want it...I think the cat fence will work well too which is especially nice. It's been such a battle keeping the cats out. A few of my gardening neighbors have been admiring the fence and think they should do similarly. Never nice when you have a cat using your veggie patch as kitty litter!

Did a very very short walk-run session on my way up to some trails yesterday. I felt my feet starting to hurt so I gave it up and switched to a pure walk, as I didn't want to ruin my walk with hurting feet. It's been a long time since I've gotten to the forest trails and they were so lovely. Lots of springtime flowers.

I finally actually placed my order for the PF socks so hopefully they will help me get back to running. Ordered some new shoes while I was at it as well.

So far no bike, but will keep looking...

The gardening has been so great. So much this past week but I feel like I'm back to being mostly caught up to where I want to be with it and now can just do an hour or so each morning to keep it where i want it...I think the cat fence will work well too which is especially nice. It's been such a battle keeping the cats out. A few of my gardening neighbors have been admiring the fence and think they should do similarly.
Excellent!
Did a very very short walk-run session on my way up to some trails yesterday. I felt my feet starting to hurt so I gave it up and switched to a pure walk, as I didn't want to ruin my walk with hurting feet. It's been a long time since I've gotten to the forest trails and they were so lovely. Lots of springtime flowers.
How lovely :)
I finally actually placed my order for the PF socks so hopefully they will help me get back to running. Ordered some new shoes while I was at it as well.
Well done!
So far no bike, but will keep looking...
Good luck. It's best to be fussy & make sure it will be right for you xo

Glad you enjoyed your forest trails and you have a good system going with the gardening.
Those forest trails really feed me on such a deep level that needs to be fed regularly...without them I start to feel a little empty...someone did tell me they saw some bears there the other day so I will have to be a little more noisy I suppose as it's not good to surprise them!
Excellent!

How lovely :)

Well done!

Good luck. It's best to be fussy & make sure it will be right for you xo
Thanks Cate! Yes I'm going to be a little bit fussy about the bike. Not overly so, but I do want one that I will at least feel comfy on, and one that could get me up some of these crazy hills. I'm going to take a look at a few tomorrow so maybe I will have one soon!

Well my weight is still at 146 but body fat also still around 26-27% so I will just have to trust that the weight doesn't mean too much for now. I'm sure i have lots of inflammation between my foot and back pain! Also I really like the look of my arms these days--they have never looked and felt so strong before!

My days have stayed active and nicely busy (rather than stressful busy). I am working on some beautiful sections of garden, marking out pathways with wood...it looks so nice! I'm trying to remember to space out the work so I get a nicely balanced day in, and preserve the gardening to get spread out over time...it's tempting always to just keep at it so i can see the finished look all at once, but by spreading it out over time, i can get other needed things done (dishes, cooking, cleaning) that often get neglected when I spend too long in the garden.

I did another walk-run session on Thursday and it went well with minimal pain again. i am hopeful that i am slowly making my way back to normal running. My PF socks haven't arrived yet, so that might help even further. Going to try for a walk-run session again this morning...and maybe go for a little trail walk as well...hopefully not see any bears!

"My days have stayed active and nicely busy (rather than stressful busy)"
That all sounds so good, Liza. Look out for bears!

Back