🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

I think I have inherited my great grandmothers genes lol, she gave birth to her youngest at age 50 at home
Wow, Tru. You must have! We have a lot of Mennonites living in our area & a lovely family own our local fruit & veggie store.

Looks like another wet tropical day again. I have to go into the gym in town later to drop something off and then it will be time to come home and hit the weights.

I am itchy this morning so I ate something last night that has triggered my allergies.
Your allergies suck :(

Wow, Tru. You must have! We have a lot of Mennonites living in our area & a lovely family own our local fruit & veggie store.

My great grandfather was born in Recherche Bay and spent almost every summer in Tassie. One of the landmarks there is named after one of my ancestors

Been a while since I last posted, not much happening, power has just been restored after a couple of days out, good thing we have a generator that will run most stuff in the house including the pump for water. cooking in power outages as always is the BBQ

Hi, Tru. Thanks for checking in. Have you been well?

Feeling ok, very tired, a couple of poor nights of sleep as little miss had problems sleeping with the power outages, she likes to have a low level of background noise and some low light so pitch black nights and no background noise was a problem. at like 3AM this morning hubby started her game machine and sat it on her bed and she went straight to sleep, music and low light done the trick.

While the generator was able to run the fridge, pump, TV, satellite receiver fish tank and Incubator, main lights and anything needing power in the bedrooms was off. Complete dark at night does not bother me but we need a solution for little miss before the next outage. I don't like candles in bedrooms, they are to much of an accident risk.

I used to have a couple of phosphorescent toys sitting on a shelf near my bed. They don't make noise but give off just enough light for basic orientation if you wake up. Of course anything battery-powered would do the trick as well but my mom was not a fan of giving kids things that needed batteries. Hope the power will be stable for a while now though.

Would some solar lights that you could bring inside at night do the trick? We all need our sleep. Poor little miss. I used to be terrified of the dark as a child.

Put the xmas tree up yesterday for little miss to decorate, lights no longer work. Tried to buy more today but could not find tree lights anywhere, almost everything was outdoor solar powered which is no good inside. finally got 10 meters of battery powered rope lights, far too long for our little tree so a couple of times around the tree and the rest taped to the wall and into little misses bedroom, should solver her light problem for a while if the power goes out again.

I have a chilli slow cooking on the stove for tonight, however my eye is stinging a bit, I cut up the fresh chillies from the garden with gloves but still managed to rub my eye hours later grrr.

I can picture little miss waking during the night, following the fairy light trail & curling up under the tree :D
I have a chilli slow cooking on the stove for tonight, however my eye is stinging a bit, I cut up the fresh chillies from the garden with gloves but still managed to rub my eye hours later grrr.
Ouch!

I can picture little miss waking during the night, following the fairy light trail & curling up under the tree :D
:love:

Ouch about the chili-eye! I hope it passed quickly and the food tastes extra good to make up for it.

Been a lazy day watching the cricket and watching the footage of Sam Kerr taking out the pitch invader during her Chelsea game.

1639028797410.png1639028815088.png

I guess what else would you find a sport and exercise science student doing while being lazy but watching sport lol

feeling a bit more myself today, got in some rowing while watching the cricket, calories are a bit low but spent time prepping Biltong before I hang it tomorrow.

I have not been weighing in recently but I had to adjust my belt to be a little smaller today.

Went to the cinema this arvo, enjoyed watching Dune, matches with the book far better than any of it's predecessors. It was a long part one like the epic it is supposed to be.

There is always a challenge watching movies based on books, one of the reasons I did not like Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit is because of how badly they adapted the books with the Hobbit being the worst of the lot.

Back