Alligatorob's Diary

So I am thinking of upping my calories to around 2,000 a day and see how it goes for a while. If I start gaining weight I will just rethink things.
You seem to do well with a very specific calorie goal so that might work well. I just checked the daily weigh-in thread and saw that your post-binge weight is the same as the one you went into maintenance with. That's pretty great! What would your alarm bell weight for weight gain be?
Also: your shiny new toy looks great!

It was a bit of a learning day for me, I am still feeling better after the binge and I think the increased calories are the reason. Today in the gym I amazed myself. I lifted either more weight or did more reps than ever before, in every single exercise. For example I had been doing 10 to 12 reps in the RDLs, today I did 15 to 20! And in the leg press we upped the weight 10 lbs and I still did more reps than before. I was with the trainer who keeps records and she was amazed too. The only thing I can see different was the high calorie binge. So I am thinking of upping my calories to around 2,000 a day and see how it goes for a while. If I start gaining weight I will just rethink things. I don't want to duplicate the binge, that is not the right way to increase calories, I know.
I loved reading this. I think you have had a light bulb moment. I really hope that this works for you, Rob. You are pushing your body these days & it needs more fuel.
I am really looking forward to hearing about your adventures with your very cute van. I still know that camping is not for me.

The van looks amazing! And also nature on the picture! Are you panning some road trip?
You vegetable snack sounds great! And the increased calories might do you good :)

A good day today, did not quite make my 2,000 calorie goal but I am up and little and probably close enough. It can be hard for me to increase calories, we except on binge days, LOL.

Did a little over 2 hours in the gym and had a similar experience to yesterday, more reps and/or more weight without too much struggling. Different exercises than yesterday.
I just checked the daily weigh-in thread and saw that your post-binge weight is the same as the one you went into maintenance with.
You are right, and I suspect the weight is a bit more muscle and less fat than it was. I don't know what my "alarm bell weight" should be, 170 maybe? Have to think about it.
I think you have had a light bulb moment. I really hope that this works for you, Rob. You are pushing your body these days & it needs more fuel.
I kind of feel that way too, but then its not my first "light bulb moment", and I know a lot of them were just flashes in the pan... So far I am just "camping" in the driveway. Figuring all the complexities of the pumps, stoves, electronics, etc is a bit of a challenge.
The van looks amazing! And also nature on the picture! Are you panning some road trip?
Thanks, I am happy with it so far, but that's not very far. No concrete plans yet, but once I am comfortable with it I have a few nearby places in mind. The picture is taken in my driveway, its the nature we see every day. I am hoping the calorie increase works out.
Printable Nutrition Report for Alliga630_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alliga630_Page_1.jpg

I'm glad you had another good day, Rob. I would think you are carrying a bit more muscle than when you first got to GW. Well done on another good session at the gym.

Cool camper! Easy tow and size for a single or couple. The idea is to be able to bring it where you want to go, so its perfect. Never really understood the huge camp trailers, unless you have a family. Too expensive to tow and too much prep work.

Nice session at the gym, BTW. Always a good day when you have a strong workout.

TDT

Today was a good day, I ate well and exercised a little (lawnmowing) and feel good tonight. I managed to get up to my new 2,000 calorie goal, will have to see how that goes. The fresh fruit season is starting and I am taking advantage of it, early apricots and cherries now. I ate a lot of apricots today, picked from a neighbor's tree. Not as good as peaches, but fresh and local, they were great.

Been spending time getting oriented and figuring the camper out. Tonight I learned to use a torque wrench, thought I knew how until I tried, LOL. Now I know. I want to have everything up and running and understood before taking it out. May just "camp" out in the driveway this weekend to see how it goes. This will be a busy weekend so maybe one best spent at home.
when I think about going camping and roughing it, this is what I think of. Either that or a nice motel near by. Very nice scenery in the background.
LOL, actually I like the old style roughing it. I have been a tent camper for many years, this should be a big step up from that. But I am finding out it is also more complicated... never had to worry about things like power and battery management or air conditioner controls in the tent.
I would think you are carrying a bit more muscle than when you first got to GW.
I am pretty sure I am, the trainer I work with says she thinks I have about 5 lbs of new muscle, and she seems to know what she is talking about. That's not a whole lot, but some.
Cool camper! Easy tow and size for a single or couple. The idea is to be able to bring it where you want to go, so its perfect. Never really understood the huge camp trailers, unless you have a family. Too expensive to tow and too much prep work.
Hey TDT, good to see you here. I like the camper too so far, and I agree one of the huge trailers is not for me. This is for camping, not moving into! Some of the big ones around here have 5 tvs, multiple bedrooms etc. Mine does have a single TV, but I would not even have purchased that had it not be a part of the standard package. And my truck is not large, would not want a trailer any heavier than this one.
Printable Nutrition Report for 71_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for 71_Page_1.jpg

I am pretty sure I am, the trainer I work with says she thinks I have about 5 lbs of new muscle, and she seems to know what she is talking about. That's not a whole lot, but some.
Ganing 5 pounds of muscle while in your 60s and eating low calories is HUGE.

Yesterday was a good day, I ate pretty well and got exercise. I did my home workout, not the gym. I actually think I burn more calories per hour with the home workout than at the gym. Less resting time at home, in fact none, at the gym if I am with the trainer I rest between sets when weight lifting. On my own I superset things where I can, but either way the COVID rules require spraying and wiping the equipment before and after each use, don't do that at home, and I superset everything without resting. At home I have just a few weights, so its mostly using exercise bands, self-weight things or the ab-wheel. Both are good exercise, but different. Don't think I could make it to 2 hours at home though...
Ganing 5 pounds of muscle while in your 60s and eating low calories is HUGE.
Not a huge as I used to be, LOL. Thanks LaMa, and I suppose you are right, nice of you to say so.
I like the camper idea! Where will go go with it after you have tested it out?
I have a local spot in the mountains in mind, the Raft Rivers (Raft River Mountains - Wikipedia ), not as impressive or as close as the mountains just east of us, the Wasatch (Wasatch Range - Wikipedia ) but a whole lot fewer people. It's interesting the Raft Rivers are in the same county as I live in, but almost no one here has been there or heard of them. Should keep the crowds down.
2 (108).png1 (162).png

If your goal is just to be active and generally keep your strength up it doesn´t matter so much how efficient you are with your exercise. As long as it´s fun enough to keep it up long-term. Looking forward to pictures of your first camper trip!

Utah has such gorgeous country! I've lived in New England my whole life. Traveled some, but have sort of a bucket list of places I'd like to go, and Utah is high on that list. I'd love to do it on the motorcycles though.

Not a bad day, but I did eat some chocolate cake I should not have. My calorie count looks ok, but I probably underestimated the cake... Did a good home workout, so exercise was good.
Utah has such gorgeous country! I've lived in New England my whole life. Traveled some, but have sort of a bucket list of places I'd like to go, and Utah is high on that list. I'd love to do it on the motorcycles though.
Hey TDT, New England has some pretty nice country too! Utah is a great place for motorcycling, or so I am told, I have done very little of it.
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligat73_Page_2.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alligat73_Page_1.jpg

If your goal is just to be active and generally keep your strength up it doesn´t matter so much how efficient you are with your exercise. As long as it´s fun enough to keep it up long-term.
You are right LaMa, my goal is just to stay active so the most important thing is finding exercise I like well enough to keep doing. Not trying to be an Iron Man or anything.

Yesterday was a good day, I ate well and exercised, over an hour of home workout. I slept the past 2 nights in the new trailer, kind of camping out in my driveway. Tried both beds, the regular bed first night and the one you can make by folding the table down last night. Both were good, but the mattress in the regular bed is better.
That's exactly what a superhero would say to protect their secret identity...
My secret has been so well kept that even I don't know about my superpowers, LOL. I can binge better than most, is there a Bingeman yet? The movie probably wouldn't sell.
Rob, you are allowed to eat some chocolate cake! Was it nice? Did you want to keep eating sweet stuff afterwards?
Thanks Cate, and yes I did not only want to keep eating afterwards, I did a bit. Stopping is very hard for me... Like your new avatar, hopefully your superpowers are more useful than mine!

Attachments

• 2 (109).png
    2 (109).png
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1 (163).png
    1 (163).png
    74 KB · Views: 0
Bingeman would be a fatphobic comedy, I assume, with him squashing evildoers or throwing donuts at them.

Back