A sprightly slaw which can be a fast and light accompaniment for simple poached or steamed fish or even meat.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely grated peeled sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 3 cups thinly shredded napa or Savoy cabbage
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced serrano or jalapeno pepper with seeds (optional)
- Whisk canola oil, lime juice, sesame oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Add sweet potato, cabbage, scallions and serrano (or jalapeno), if using; toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.