Do you care much for your health? Are you aware of what would you eat? Indeed most of us are concerned because we always think that health is wealth. Choosy of what food they eat. Prone to illness are those people who are more concerned with delicious foods rather than healthy one. In some ways, other prefers to eat healthy food even if the taste is not good just because of the assurance of having a healthy body and mind. A nice choice for food are not just delicious but most of all healthy and nutritious. Among the food we always eat, fish and shellfish are probably the healthiest, leanest meat you can put in your body. Because they are full of heart-protecting and brain boosting Omega 3 fatty acids especially salmon, Pollock and light tuna. Aside from that, they also contain very low saturated fat. And try the slow-roasted salmon fillet with cucumber dill sauce and roast the salmon at a low temperature so it will produces as a tender, perfectly cooked fish and, restrained seasoning salt and pepper makes it very accommodating to all sorts of tastes. Here's how.
- For the Salmon:
- 1 ½ lb. (750 g) Salmon Fillet
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) black pepper
- Cucumber Dill Sauce:
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain yogurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped fresh dill weed (or half as mush dried)
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 F (120 C)
- Brush a baking pan with olive oil or melted butter and the pan must be large enough to hold the fillet without scrunching it up. Place the Salmon fillet in the baking pan, then brush with remaining olive oil or melted butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in preheated oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for the dill sauce and chill.
- Remove salmon from oven, cut into portion and serve with cucumber dill sauce. You may also the Salmon to serve cold as fillet or in salad.
- Satisfying, delicious, nutritious and healthy food makes our daily living splendid and away from healthy hazards.