This makes for a lovely dinner party entree, and also a great summer meal.
- 4 salmon fillets
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 tsp soft margarine
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp mint
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Add salt and pepper to salmon fillets.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, over medium high heat, melt 2 tsp of the margarine.
- Add salmon to pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
- Move salmon to an oven-proof dish and roast for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel and add orange juice, balsamic vinegar and onion.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining margarine.
- Add in parsley, basil, and mint and stir. Spoon sauce over salmon and serve.