what is an average 100m sprint time?

lol if you run a 11.32 in texas you will get Dead last

lol wow olympics run in the 9.6 to 10.1 range. Highschool runs on average 10.7- 11.5 range. So your speed is about junior high.
lol if you run a 11.32 in texas you will get Dead last /QUOTE]

Highschool runners are no way 10.7-11.5. More like 11.5-13.5. Jr. High runners going 11.5 is ridiculous. Check your facts again, and stop lying to seem better than you are.
Im an all state freshman 100, 200, 400 runner and i run a 11.23 PR 100m
I doubt that texas runners are all faster than me.

Its still better than the average person, but with training you could be much faster. If you dont have spikes and you want to run fast, get some. I'm only 13, but my P.B. is 11.99, but i normally run 12-13 seconds when doing runs like you do. Mind you, i am one of the best in scotland, so please dont compare yourself to me

lol wow olympics run in the 9.6 to 10.1 range. Highschool runs on average 10.7- 11.5 range. So your speed is about junior high.

Hahaha... no offence but its so true... yeah actually you shouldn't be that suprised with your time- it's okay i mean i don't want to sound harsh- but yeah pro athletes run around 10 seconds, anyone who's good (at the olympics) usually runs even faster, anywhere between 9.7- 10 is expected.

I'm 16 now, missed athletics carnival at school this year cause i was sick, but last year when 15 i ran 12.04. I don't train for athletics exclusively then either, didn't use blocks although i was wearing spikes and did play in a soccer team that trained twice a week.

I don't do any extracurricular sport anymore but at my age I wouldn't expect to get anything slower than 12 seconds flat. By an adult's age, even if you're not serious, only a time in the 11 second-range and up is fast in my opinion.

I am lucky though, I've always had natural speed. It's to do with the fast-twitch fibre predominance in my body. I find that training really helps, but if you don't possess an innate gift of pace, I always find people who desperately train find it very tough.

You're time is good though, it's not slow. It just could be better. Don't think you're doing anything wrong you're not, you're speed is not incredible by any means. Kids beat that time at representative athletics carnival events throughout their teens all the time. Just keep up the training, you're doin good so far, and you could push it up a bit more, especially if you feel you speed really just comes to you.

im 14, i run the 4x1, 4x4, 400, 200 and hurdles. since i cant run every event my coach switches us out. im 150 pounds and my fastest time in the 100m is a 11.09, fastest 200m 24.92, fastest 400m is 56.56. iv broke 3 school records (our 4x1 team, 400, and hurdles) i was wondering how my times are compared to other kids my age.

Hi i want to know what is a good realistic time for me to run? I am 24 years old and weight(213 pounds) 97 kg, and am 1.8(5.9ft) meters tall, i ran 100m in 11.2sec and 200m in 22.8sec at the age of 17 and weighing around 74 kgs(163pounds) , i havent been training much recently but do alot of weight training i want to get back into sprinting, what is a realistic personal time i can set for myself

I have to agree. Being a runner for 30 yrs. running style is very important, head up body always relaxed, coming down on legs and feet easy for the knees. Let your arms find your speed and take you away. Most important have fun.....

I'm very slooooooowwwwwwwwwww... ..............im from singapore im 12 yrs old only and my parents run like snails :)just joking but they dont run fast...i run 100m 13.32 2 wks ago

what about for a 13 yr old ? im on top form at the moment with about 12.8-13.4 secs in each run so the teacher says :sad2: but im not sure

well im am 14 and i had sports day today 27th June 2012 and i was in the 100m because i'm a sprinter and i ran it in 11.64 seconds and i am not lying

are you dizzy kid i am we quick and i aint joking and i only got 11.64 and im 14 and that was flat out and i have ran all over the world and won 5 sprinting competitions and i hope to be a pro when im older and i highly doubt you are faster then me this is to arfeen7867

lol if you run a 11.32 in texas you will get Dead last /QUOTE]

Highschool runners are no way 10.7-11.5. More like 11.5-13.5. Jr. High runners going 11.5 is ridiculous. Check your facts again, and stop lying to seem better than you are.
Im an all state freshman 100, 200, 400 runner and i run a 11.23 PR 100m
I doubt that texas runners are all faster than me.

So are you saying that NO highschool runners are running under 11? I had 4 teammates on my highschool team, over 10 years ago who all ran under 11. One of my best friends ran 10.4 on average. His name is Thomas Lott III. You can find his records. Here in Texas, most ALL of the top 100 meter guys in the state are running 10.2-10.8. VERY VERY few top guys run over 11.

Am I doing alright ?

I tried this sprint thing yesterday and did 100m in 9.7234s. I think I should let someone else to stop the watch rather than stopping it myself after finish.

my time

hey i'm 15 in our high school track meet i got 11.66 in 100m and 24.9 in 200m sprint i did this w/o training and workout but i used starting blocks (no spikes though) i was always happy with the result until some other guys came and run like 10.9 at the age of 15 so i was wondering if anyone know what and how much a workout would help?

and to the author you definitely need someone else to time your sprint its way more accurate, and u can save energy (believe me or not) when not holding the stopwatch also try to run with someone else that runs the same time because another person will always "push" you to be faster.

kitemafia007

So are you saying that NO highschool runners are running under 11? I had 4 teammates on my highschool team, over 10 years ago who all ran under 11. One of my best friends ran 10.4 on average. His name is Thomas Lott III. You can find his records. Here in Texas, most ALL of the top 100 meter guys in the state are running 10.2-10.8. VERY VERY few top guys run over 11.

I know, this guy is funny. At 14 years old (5'5", 120 lbs) I was running 11.04. Might seem like a good time, and I made it to the final, but I finished 7th... First guy was 15 years old and ran around 10.4 or something, completely outran everyone. Frkn beast lol

when i was 14, my PB was 11.97, and that was a pretty good time, but i would say 12-13 seconds for someone who is quiet fit would be a reasonable time

Back