What I saw during my walk today

Great pictures Err, must have been a great hike!

Can you say where you were?

Thanks, it was Mt. Lassen: Hiking Lassen Peak Trail - Lassen Volcanic National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

too much talking here recently ... back on topic..

IMG_2399.JPG
when i saw this i thought about an old Mad Magazine issue where they did a parody of
"The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" as "The Rime of the Modern Surfer".

IMG_2400.JPG
this guy is a fixture down the street from me.
everyday he is out selling his hand-made signs ... he does take requests.

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG
vegan restaurant ... seems to be surviving as take-out only.

the best part about walking...
22.14.20..164.5.jpg
a post-walk smile... :)

I always walk with headphones, so I often do not notice what is happening around me. My friends advised me to walk without headphones, to listen, but I don't like it at all. Yesterday it was the first snow and I specifically went for a walk in the afternoon while it was still light. The cars were covered with snow, and it was very nice. For some reason, I don't have files uploaded, I'll try again.

with this forum, you can just drag and drop .jpg pictures. it helps if you trim down the size first. i find that 800 x 600 dpi photos turn out quite large in this forum and i use that guideline as a maximum size.

IMG_2534.jpg

this picture is 600 x 388 to give you an idea.
fyi... it's apparently an electric bike (pedal assist) that was parked in front of the market a few days ago.

I always walk with headphones, so I often do not notice what is happening around me. My friends advised me to walk without headphones, to listen, but I don't like it at all. Yesterday it was the first snow and I specifically went for a walk in the afternoon while it was still light. The cars were covered with snow, and it was very nice. For some reason, I don't have files uploaded, I'll try again.
If you're a new member you may not be able to post pics yet. When I joined a year or two ago that was the case anyway. Sounds like a nice meditative walk. I miss the snow!

I got inspired by this thread and took some pics. I didn't exactly take a walk, but I did chop down a bunch of tree branches in the way of taking a walk down the trail in our meadow. I haven't been back there except to weed whack for over a year, so it was so great to get my trail to the beautiful street below clear for walking tomorrow. I looked up and noticed that my tree dahlias are in bloom in my thicket...
9N5xlMrSQa6wDwAR3fS+og_thumb_f9.jpg

Back