Cohen's Lifestyle What exactly is Cohens?

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
I am looking to loose about 25 pounds. Is this plan right for me, or is it designed for people looking to loose significant amounts of weight?

You could lose 25lbs without this program. You could also probably lose 25lbs with it. Im not sold on it, so I would opt for the former.

Kdlee,
This program works and you lose the weight quickly. I am on week 10 and almost at my goal. I have lost 28 lbs with only a couple to go before refeed. If you choose to do this, you won't regret it and we will be there to support you. Tony said you could lose the 25 lbs without this program and maybe you could, but if you are like me, small, slow results are to frustrating. My sister has been working out like crazy for the last year and she has only lost 5 lbs...but she has built a lot a muscle... she looks good but is frustrated. I used to love working out but now my schedule is so limited a nice walk is much more satisfying, I am getting ready to add some resistance exercise too. Good luck and I wish you well.

I have never been on or tried a program that works as well as this one (I'm 54).It is a responsible, balanced "diet" that actually teaches you about nutrition. I now appreciate the "mantra" that "food is your medicine". I am now about to embark on the re-feed program as I am almost at my goal weight. When I reach the stage, gradually,after carefully adding the specified foods, that my weight creeps up over a kilo, go back a couple of days on the re-feed program & it happens again I know that what I am eating (the amount) is the quantity of food my body needs to maintain my goal weight. I think it's brilliant! It's very sound & logical nutrition.
There will always be knockers (very persistent knockers) of anything that they don't agree with. Basically we all need to make up our own minds.
I have never felt better about myself & my body so can personally recommend Cohen's. Cheers, Cate

I have never been on or tried a program that works as well as this one (I'm 54).It is a responsible, balanced "diet" that actually teaches you about nutrition. I now appreciate the "mantra" that "food is your medicine". I am now about to embark on the re-feed program as I am almost at my goal weight. When I reach the stage, gradually,after carefully adding the specified foods, that my weight creeps up over a kilo, go back a couple of days on the re-feed program & it happens again I know that what I am eating (the amount) is the quantity of food my body needs to maintain my goal weight. I think it's brilliant! It's very sound & logical nutrition.
There will always be knockers (very persistent knockers) of anything that they don't agree with. Basically we all need to make up our own minds.I have never felt better about myself & my body so can personally recommend Cohen's. Cheers, Cate

Good post, Cate, especially the sentences highlighted in red.

this plan sounds abit weird. yeah you loose weight , thats good but you dont get healthy by still sitting down all the time. it depends if you wanna loose weight to look good or wanna get healthy inside...

this plan sounds abit weird. yeah you loose weight , thats good but you dont get healthy by still sitting down all the time. it depends if you wanna loose weight to look good or wanna get healthy inside...

The wierdest thing about the program is how well it works for people who are obese and for whom exercise is not always an option. I was so fat before that I would damage my joints just walking down to the park. I was puffed climbing 3 or 4 stairs. Exercise was not an option for me for losing weight. and it never worked. I tried exercise before, in conjunction with "healthy eating" and lost maybe 5 kg, but that's all.... and I always ended up with injuries, because my body could not carry the load of all that fat.
So, now I have lost weight and once I'm finished the program, I'll add small amounts of exercise to my life. But my muscle tone is great, and my skin is fantastic, despite losing over 45kg.
BUT the great thing now is that I'm not only slim, but I am also healthy on the inside. My BP is way down to just below normal and my cholesterol levels are even lower. So, my insides are thanking me as well! Some others on the program have been able to go off medication for diabetes, asthma, allergy medication and other chronic illnesses, so it makes a huge difference to our insides!!
The program involves eating veges, fruit, lean protein and minimal carbs.
For people who are obese, it is an absolute lifesaver in a way that exercise and sensible eating plans could never achieve.
So, I say if you want to get fit, do exercise. But if you need to lose more than 15-20kg, COhen's is an extremely effective plan, and once you've lost the weight, you'll look great in your gym clothes for working out!
HL

Does anyone know if there is a similar program in Canada? :)

Hi dayone

I've checked this out for you on the Cohens website and found it to be available in America but not Canada. It's known as 1st Personnel Diet.

Sorry I can't seem to load the website.

Sam:)

A lot of people experience head-aches or other withdrawal symptoms when they cut down on such things as caffeine at the start of the program. I didn't at all because I had already cut down my caffeine consumption gradually over the past year. I have never felt better physically!
I have not heard of anyone experiencing headaches because of re-feed unless they have over-indulged in the old "fermented" fruit or vegetables. LOL! Bring it on!:rotflmao:
Cohen's is the greatest thing since sliced bread! (or is that Saladas?)
Cheers, Cate

Hi, Can you give me your diet plan how did you managed to lose so much weight?

Hi Jeni... I dont want to reply for Cate in any way!...but we are not actually able to give out our specific plans as they are copyrighted by Cohen's. However, the first 2 pages of this thread really has some great information about Cohen's if you are interested in finding out more. Also this thread gives you a ton of information as it talks about preparing for Cohens http://weight-loss.fitness.com/cohens-lifestyle/5676-prepare-cohens.html

Hope this helps you with your questions!

Bless ya
Kath

Wait, so you dont exercise heavily on this? just eat the food listed each day every day and the pounds come flying off??

Absolutely- they do!! Hard to believe I know but that's what happens. I lost 36kgs in 28 weeks, without any exercise & am now maintaining my goal weight with regular, but not excessive exercise. I feel like pinching myself really at my good fortune. I am now enjoying becoming fit, without all of that excess weight. Finding Cohen's & doing the program made 2007 a wonderful year for me. Cheers, Cate.

Do you need to purchase anything? i have seen people talking about $600 or something, also i am from england so can i do this? and finally does every follow the same food eating as in the other thread?

Yoshi, I don't know how many countries have Cohen's. I did a Google search for Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic UK but all it came up with is the Australian Site-
We pay $680 but that covers personal consultants & have local contacts, that we can ring or email. It is probably worth going to their web-site & making direct enquiries to them. I'm sure they will put you on the right path. Come back in here & ask any questions or let us know how you go. The American plan is cheaper but has strict time limits & limited support. Our Australian consultants are mostly very helpful. The program is great. You cook your own food. It's good, healthy food, but is a very strict program, that is best followed exactly. It works which is fantastic & you feel great. Good luck, cheers, Cate

Do you have to eat seafood on the Cohens program. I am allergic to seafood so it is hard to stick to many diet programs. Do you know if there is a seafood free option?

2chubby- There are many other options on Cohen's beside seafood- cheese, red meat, chicken, tofu, yoghurt... It's a great program. It works! Cheers, Cate.

Cohens Lifestyle

First of all I have never posted anything on the internet or have any experiece with chat groups etc, so please bear with me. I've been reading all about the sucess stories on the Cohens Lifestyle. It sounds to good to be true and before I pay $249.00 I have some questions. Is the plan simple to follow? How many meals or snacks do you get a day. IS the food very limited? I have 6 more members in my family, would I have to cook special food for me and then something else for the family or can this be incorporated into family meals? I am discouraged right now because I have tried and failed so many times I hate to waste $$$ on another diet plan. Please help me!!!! thanks , kreed

Back