What do you bring on you when you exercise?

LMAO

I just take a towel into the gym, anyone taking a mobile is a complete tool

If I'm in the middle of a big lift and your phone goes off and disrupts me then I'd be as pissed as hell

then you need to look at your focus. Besides, there is a lot of noise from other stuff in the gym that is way louder than a cell phone. Do you get mad if someone drops a weight as well?

And way to quote just one part of my argument.

Thanks for the feedback... I think we are late into the gym attire business :)

Luckily I did note 1 MP3, 3 phones (for stopwatch) and 2 objections to phones. I would have thought the phones would provide some music especially when you are on the treadmill too (I did notice some gyms frown/ban on bringing phones esp with cameras onto the set).

A. Is bringing phones (esp with camera) frown upon, or banned by your gym... or should it be banned?

B. A couple people mentioned Bodybugg... anybody here uses that to track daily calories burnt?

C. Is measuring heart rate important or not? (e.g. Polar anyone?).

Thanks again.

Luckily I did note 1 MP3, 3 phones (for stopwatch) and 2 objections to phones. I would have thought the phones would provide some music especially when you are on the treadmill too (I did notice some gyms frown/ban on bringing phones esp with cameras onto the set).

A. Is bringing phones (esp with camera) frown upon, or banned by your gym... or should it be banned?
Camera's are banned so it's possible that a camera phone would be too

Plus, a phone for a stopwatch? What's wrong with a watch? Or the clocks in the gym? Using the stopwatch function on your mobile seems like a complicated solution to a simple problem

Last edited:
then you need to look at your focus. Besides, there is a lot of noise from other stuff in the gym that is way louder than a cell phone. Do you get mad if someone drops a weight as well?

And way to quote just one part of my argument.

It was the part I wanted to respond to so why would I quote the rest?

The dropping of weights is far less distracting than a ringtone plus it's a necessary noise and a part of the usual environment so doesn't even register as noise, a ringtone isn't. It's not needed and pointless.

With regards to people with kids, what do you think a parent does if they want to go swimming? Or use the underground? I grew up in a time before mobiles and somehow we all managed to survive just fine without having a phone in our pockets 24/7.
Your school has a list of contact numbers for you in case of emergency, give them the number fo the gym to call if your mobile isn't answered, problem solved.

Last edited:
regarding phones at the gym.......

I also think it is a waste and really annoying. However, I don't go to a gym. That said, even I don't pick up my home phone when I am working out. They can wait till I am finished.........

geeeeez, if you guys are gunna get all serious, ok fine,... I leave my phone in my backpack in the lil locker cube thingy, unless I am taking a pic or a vid of a lift.

I have never heard that a camera is not allowed, I use mine many times to show you guys stuff on here.

I ithink maybe yer panties are a lil tight bro!

geeeeez, if you guys are gunna get all serious, ok fine,... I leave my phone in my backpack in the lil locker cube thingy, unless I am taking a pic or a vid of a lift.

I have never heard that a camera is not allowed, I use mine many times to show you guys stuff on here.

I'd love to be able to take a camera into the gym but it's fairly standard over here that they're banned as a lot of the ladies woul dget a bit insecure about being in the baground of pics and stuff, or pervs taking pictures in mirrors to take a sly photo of the hot girl behind them doing bent over rows

As for tight panties, yeah they're tight, that's to show off my fantastic glute development to the guys in the locker room ;)

When I did go to the gym, I took as little as possible. I *hated* having to haul sh!t around with me all over the place.....I figure if I am in the gym to workout that is all I am going to be doing. I liked to get in and out of there as fast as possible.

Working out at home is much nicer for me. Hubby and I get thru our routines, but we can laugh and listen to music while we are between sets, or switching to another exercise.....

Haha, and my appologies to Karky, I'm just a grumpy old git a lot of the time, I hate all unessential noise, I prefer reading, learning and doing, I've never been a fan of chit chat

Where did my post go?

Just start grunting real loud if they chit chat on the phone.

Back