What do you bring on you when you exercise?

Hi there, I am on the product planning team for portable fitness devices, I would like to find out what do you bring with you when you exercise (cycling, running, walking, gym, rowing etc).

A. I bring my iphone, palmpre (e.g. it has a GPS on it in case I get lost).
B. I bring my normal phone (e.g. I like to do my conference call while biking - time management).
C. I bring my MP3/ipod (hey, everyone listens to music when running).
D. I bring my Polar (e.g. make sure I know how my heart is beating).
E. I don't bring anything (e.g. I like running with as little weight as possible, except the rung around the middle).

Thanks again. Hope to hear from you.

Hi,
I go to the gym 3 times a week.
I bring some handkerchieves, 5dl bottle of water and towel. MP3 when I do the cardio.
Thats all what I need. Phone? No... Nobody is allowed to disturbe me when I excersise :)

I always bring my mobile and I'm not a tool. I use it as a stopwatch. Besides, if you're a businessman, doctor, or what ever and people might need to get a hold of you, it's better to be at the gym with a phone than not at the gym at all. I hate it when people sit on the bench talking with their GF for 10 min, though.. that's just annoying.

Phone (yes i'm a tool), Car keys, Water, and sometime's a towel (depends if i remember)

I'm a complete transexual BTW

I think we should have a forum poll ;)

IMO the whole no cell phone thing has been blown way out of proportion. A lot of people use it as a stop watch to time their sets. Why buy a stop watch when I have a perfectly good stop watch on my cellphone?

What if you're a parent at the gym and your kids are home? They need to be able to reach you if something happens.

If my phone rings while I'm in a set, I let it ring. However, if I'm just sitting around, I'll pick up and tell them I'll call when I'm done training.

It could be argued that an emergency situation in which someone needs to reach you isn't a likely scenario for a lot of people and that picking up a cell phone takes concentration and focus away from your work out. But who focuses on their workout for the entire time they are at the gym? I would get tired after 20min if I were to have my serious-face on all the time. In fact, a lot of great athletes joke around and have a light mood in between their sets, they aren't necessarily super serious omg if I take one step I'll **** up my whole system and perform badly in between their sets.

well, i am a tool, and I do bring my phone, then I can take sexy pics of me and romance Johnny!

can't wait to stick my leg into one of his leg warmers in yoga class

IMO the whole no cell phone thing has been blown way out of proportion. A lot of people use it as a stop watch to time their sets. Why buy a stop watch when I have a perfectly good stop watch on my cellphone?

If I'm in the middle of a big lift and your phone goes off and disrupts me then I'd be as pissed as hell

If I'm in the middle of a big lift and your phone goes off and disrupts me then I'd be as pissed as hell

oh ok, so the poll is whether Karky is a tool or not.

and for the record, I keep my phone on vibrate, every lil thrill i can get ya know.

a big lift!!! LOL! like that's guna happen

1. Two giant sacks of kick ass
  2. a box of awesome
  3. 154 lbs of sexy

YEAH! now that's what belongs at the gym!....LOL!

Considering I just have to open the door and I'm at the gym, it's just me baby....and what I am wearing......and that ^^^ well....124lbs.....lol :cool3:

well, i am a tool, and I do bring my phone, then I can take sexy pics of me and romance Johnny!

can't wait to stick my leg into one of his leg warmers in yoga class

yeah, the wife has noticed the streach in the last pair, thanks a lot I got in big trouble.

We'll just lay off the yoga and other things:shower:

Back