Walking Club

@reeledeele Lovely! I think it's great to make a commitment to walking. It's great on so many levels. That's actually what I started with when I joined here, just increased my walking as I knew i loved it so knew it would be easier to get motivated to do it. Having a dog to help motivate is all the better!
I haven't been posting in this group lately as it's been a quiet group, but I do try to get walking every day and there are quite a few other walkers on the forum...

I had tried having a walk in an early morning, and it gave me a light feeling, and a clear mind to start my day right.

I have started walking again everyday and am loving it . There is a walk for the cancer trust here in Ireland for the month of June . It’s walk a marathon in June . I know it’s just over 42km . I am going to do it and I know I should clear that in maybe 12 days . But it will be nice to have a focus .

Walking is excellent in so many ways. I can't tell you how often I rely on it to keep my sanity.

Walking with music REALLY clears my mind and I feel like it helps me breathe?? Idk how to explain it but walking does so much for me mentally and spiritually as well as physically! Love IT!! And it’s FREE and EASY!

i walk with music, but i am extra careful to keep my head up to stay more visually aware. i can't say i have never shaken my head when seeing a kid with earbuds in casually strolling down the center of a parking lot lane totally oblivious to their surroundings.

My husband and I go out walking near where we live for an hour every morning for about an hour. We have a rest for about 15 minutes and then go out walking for another hour.
There is no nice scenery (just our local streets) - but it is outdoor exercise in lockdown so things could be a lot worse...

We do it early as we are trying to avoid seeing other people because of the virus.

I'm quite jealous to see that some of us are managing to walk where there are lovely views (great photo!).

My husband and I go out walking near where we live for an hour every morning for about an hour. We have a rest for about 15 minutes and then go out walking for another hour.

That's great to hear! Walking is just so great. I sure got a lot more walking in once we all went into lockdown!

I hope that everyone is having a good walking day.

I've been out for my two walks already and am now locked down.
Luckily the weather is lovely today. The north of England is NOT famous for good weather - so you appreciate a bright sunny morning.

We had a really lovely mild day too & I also had 2 good walks. It's a nice surprise in Winter.

I'm pleased that you are having a mild winter Cate - so much more civilised for your walks... :cool:

Its another lovely weather day today. I had my normal early morning walks.

Good weather makes everything brighter. Yesterday afternoon we were able to sit out in the back garden enjoying the sunshine. We may do some more this afternoon.

Lovely to hear you are getting some good sun for both your walks and sitting out times :)
Some good sun here today as well...I like getting both a good amount of rain and sun...good garden weather.
I did my walk-run this morning and am feeling good :)

Walked to the grocery store and back this morning, and now heading out for another walk around a local lake with my husband. Hot day out, hope I don’t get too exhausted!

I've decided to start walking. There was a big problem that stopped my son and I from walking recently--he got bitten by a mosquito and his arm swole so big I had to call the Dr. and she recommended ibruprophen. Since then I have been calling the only place I know that has an indoor track and I decided to just go there. I was also thinking of walking and avoiding the bridge, that is where he got bitten last time. I saw the mosquito on him and thought I made it get off before it bit him, but I was wrong. The bridge is over the overflow from the lake so it is damp and there are a lot of trees there. I can also put a long sleeved shirt on him. We both need to start walking. I plan to buy the both of us sneakers tomorrow.

Back